National Board Uniform Changes 2013

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 PM

a2capt

Quote from: Peeka on August 19, 2013, 06:55:43 PMHave a link for that? I believe you, I just want to read that myself.
.. and where does that statement imply that it's in writ, on the interwebs, et al?

..and just because it is on the internet, doesn't mean it's true.

Peeka

^^True. It was an assumption that the source was on the web or written down somewhere. I was hoping for a credible source from HGJunkie.

Obviously, the screenshot is not credible source. Anybody could have registered under that username.

Майор Хаткевич

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RogueLeader

Or request that the username be hidden.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

HGjunkie

Quote from: Peeka on August 19, 2013, 08:08:10 PM
^^True. It was an assumption that the source was on the web or written down somewhere. I was hoping for a credible source from HGJunkie.

Obviously, the screenshot is not credible source. Anybody could have registered under that username.
He said it to a room full of Cadets, National Staff, AF Personnel etc. at COS this year.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 19, 2013, 08:14:01 PMNot finding an MGCarr registered...
..and you won't. Can't believe everything you see.

Live page edit.. ;)

Point was, just because it's there..

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on August 19, 2013, 08:54:38 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 19, 2013, 08:14:01 PMNot finding an MGCarr registered...
..and you won't. Can't believe everything you see.

Live page edit.. ;)

Point was, just because it's there..

Oh, I knew it was shopped. Just saying. :)

Eclipse

I've had any number of conversations with people IRL regarding this board, some who know of my alter-ego and some who do not.

Some have been encouraging, some have been disappointing, some misinformed, but all making it apparent that this is a very well-traveled site by members of all levels and echelon, which is why proper decorum and behavior should observed.

No, it's not an "official" site, but neither is walking down the street, and people's impression of your behavior, and the ramifications of same, are just as fair game in both situations.

And has been noted here a number of times, there no such thing as "anonymous" on the internet.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 19, 2013, 08:18:03 PM
You can read without registering.

That's true, but you have to register to get a user name.

I find the graphic suspicious, for several reasons:

The newest member - CAP Member Charlie does not appear on the member list.

My name is not on the Users Online list. I'm almost always logged on, and if this is from yesterday, I was on at that time.

There is one less member today than yesterday.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NIN

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on August 19, 2013, 07:02:01 PM
I dunno. If the orange cap is "state law," maybe the white belt is "county ordinance." The scarf, of course, is simply "the rule of way cool."

^^ This is a factual statement :)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

a2capt

Quote from: SarDragon on August 19, 2013, 09:10:35 PMMy name is not on the Users Online list. I'm almost always logged on, and if this is from yesterday, I was on at that time.There is one less member today than yesterday.

Yup, and it was actually snapped about 30 seconds before I posted it, as in today, and the screen time on it was from today. CT is one hour ahead of Eastern time. I made changes in the html and then captured the screen. Same way that RM got "Squelched" on his little bit of the screen. If you don't refresh the window in increments of 15 minutes or less, there are times when your name will fall off the list.

A few things were changed, one of which was the number of members.

JeffDG

Quote from: vento on August 19, 2013, 06:00:12 PM
A correct and up to date CAPM 39-1, IMHO, is a lot more important than us switching to the ABU.
I hope the discussion about the ABU won't distract the NUC in releasing a meaningful and useful CAPM 39-1.
You know...that just triggered an idea...

Why do all the uniforms need to go into ONE CAPM 39-1?  Why not have a CAPM 39-2 for Flight Suits (AF and distinctive), etc. etc.

Would make updating them much simpler...ABUs are approved, poof:  CAPM 39-X:  ABU Uniform, no change necessarily needed to any other.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JeffDG on August 19, 2013, 09:39:31 PM
Quote from: vento on August 19, 2013, 06:00:12 PM
A correct and up to date CAPM 39-1, IMHO, is a lot more important than us switching to the ABU.
I hope the discussion about the ABU won't distract the NUC in releasing a meaningful and useful CAPM 39-1.
You know...that just triggered an idea...

Why do all the uniforms need to go into ONE CAPM 39-1?  Why not have a CAPM 39-2 for Flight Suits (AF and distinctive), etc. etc.

Would make updating them much simpler...ABUs are approved, poof:  CAPM 39-X:  ABU Uniform, no change necessarily needed to any other.

They kinda do that to the large .pdf on the national website, breaking it down by chapter. I think the issue is that you may WANT to have the whole thing in front of you for some reason (and I know I've had reasons in the past).

Eclipse

Personally, I"d prefer it if the entire library was one document.

That makes finding what you need, cross-referencing, not to mention conflicts, a lot easier.

These days there's no issue with file size, so I'm all for the moves to consolidate things.

1 Manual to rule them all!

"That Others May Zoom"

Mela_007

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.  Why is the Flag being removed from the uniform?  I could understand it not being required of the international units, however, why do so many on this thread seem happy not to wear it?  :-\

I am a new member, so maybe it's my inexperience showing through...but I am proud to wear our nation's flag on my BBDUs. 
"Worry is the Darkroom in which negatives develop."  -Unknown

Eclipse

I have no issue with the flag either, especially at the level some others do, however it has generally not
been a part of military tradition, especially for the USAF, to wear a US flag on their uniforms, and especially again when stationed in the CONUS (though interestingly few have an issue with it being on the flight suits).

At least part of the angst is due to the when and how of it being added.  HWSRN added the flag during a period of controversial change in CAP's history, and that fact alone is enough for some people to have uber-angst.  Couple that with a wives tale that it was added because CAP was confused with an international force during Hurricane Katrina relief ops.

Some just don't like the fact that it's a reversed flag like the Army wears, etc., etc.

Considering that the flag is a ubiquitous symbol of patriotism, and can be found on just about every other agency from LEO's to FDs, and in between, well, that angst is probably better spent elsewhere.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on August 19, 2013, 10:00:59 PM
Couple that with a wives tale that it was added because CAP he was confused with an international force during Hurricane Katrina relief ops.

FTFY. LOL.

(Contributing to the wives tale..)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Shuman 14

Quote from: JK657 on August 16, 2013, 08:45:25 PM
Making my prediction: This thread will last approximately 13 pages at least

Close but no cigar.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present