How do you close a mission in WMIRS

Started by N6RVT, September 21, 2021, 09:06:22 PM

N6RVT

I know how to create one, but not how to close it, and I cannot find the instructions for how to do so anywhere.

Since creating a mission is meaningless until NOC funds and activates it, I always assumed they were the ones to officially close it and reallocate any leftover money.

Apparently not.  It is on the ES technician checklist and I'm ready to admit I cannot even find wrong information and bad advice on how to go about doing it.

NovemberWhiskey

Yeah. I have no idea how anyone is achieving Technician rating for Emergency Services unless they're in a wing-level ES responsibility.

I think this may be a function that's restricted to those with wing-level roles; as a squadron-level ES officer I've never seen a way to do it.

Eclipse

As far as I know, Missions are closed by the WFA after all the sorties are closed and paid in or out.

Contact your WFA or DOS to get the details.   You won't see those abilities unless you're assigned
at Wing or higher in that role, so it's going to be a discussion-only item for your rating.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Define closed.

There's an ended mission, where no more sorties occur, but it will still show green in WMIRS, and a closed mission, which shows grey.

Here's what the WMIRS Manual (available under the WMIRS 1.0 menu) has to say"

HOW ARE MISSIONS CLOSED?
Once all the fuel receipts have been received at wing and compared and the flight and ground information verified a mission must be closed.
  In WMIRS, select "Current Missions/Sorties"
  Select the mission from the list that you wish to close  When the "Edit Mission" screen appears select "Close Mission" (Note that closing the mission will end any further e108 creation. Do not close the mission file until all work is complete)

They only turn grey when there are e108s involved.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Luis R. Ramos

Quote from: undefinedDefine closed.

It was already "defined." I am also interested in knowing, since I am Senior ES and this task was not asked when I was made Technician ES. To answer the question, when the task that appears in the ES Officer Task Guide, for this purpose, what is "closed?" Quoting from the specialty track. "Close out a mission in WMIRS."

Quote from: undefinedApparently not.  It is on the ES technician checklist and I'm ready to admit I cannot even find wrong information and bad advice on how to go about doing it.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NovemberWhiskey

Quote from: SarDragon on September 22, 2021, 12:27:40 AMThey only turn grey when there are e108s involved.

Really, do you know that for a fact or are you just extrapolating from the WMIRS 1.0 documentation? Look at, say, 21-C-5632 ... it has no 108s and yet is grey / closed.

SarDragon

Quote from: NovemberWhiskey on September 22, 2021, 07:05:10 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on September 22, 2021, 12:27:40 AMThey only turn grey when there are e108s involved.

Really, do you know that for a fact or are you just extrapolating from the WMIRS 1.0 documentation? Look at, say, 21-C-5632 ... it has no 108s and yet is grey / closed.

No need to be snarky.

I don't have access to that mission, so I can neither confirm nor deny your assertion. Apparently I have less access then you, since I also can't seem to get into last year's missions to look at them. I'm out of the discussion, and will let y'all hammer it out.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

etodd

Look at the day's sortie list. Find yours. Click DEBRIEF. Did you fill out and submit that page?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

NovemberWhiskey

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"