Sleeping arrangements with your own kids

Started by xray328, July 03, 2015, 04:58:08 PM

xray328

We're looking at going to an outdoor wing activity which requires sleeping in tents. Can I, as a senior member, have my own kids (one boy one girl) sleeping in my tent? I'm leaning towards thinking its ok, but with cadet protection in mind I wasn't sure. I'd  hate for someone to not realize it's my own daughter. 

It's just cheaper/easier to buy and setup one tent versus three.

From what I understand there's three separate  sleeping areas.

Ned

Quote from: xray328 on July 03, 2015, 04:58:08 PM
We're looking at going to an outdoor wing activity which requires sleeping in tents. Can I, as a senior member, have my own kids (one boy one girl) sleeping in my tent? I'm leaning towards thinking its ok, but with cadet protection in mind I wasn't sure. I'd  hate for someone to not realize it's my own daughter. 

It's just cheaper/easier to buy and setup one tent versus three.

From what I understand there's three separate  sleeping areas.

The CPP Regulation wisely anticipates this kind of situation and permits adult leaders to sleep in the same tent as their children.  See paragraph 2.4c.

You probably already have done so, but you might check with the activity leadership to see if the cadets are supposed to be housed in a specific area, perhaps as a group in large tents or something similar before reaching any final decisions about your sleeping arrangements.

Thank you for supporting your cadets (and others) in CAP!

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager

xray328

capmaj

And it is often more beneficial, from a learning experience, for your kids to billet in with other cadets. Get the one (1) tent for yourself and let your kids share someone else's tent.

MIKE

Quote from: Ned on July 03, 2015, 05:14:16 PM
You probably already have done so, but you might check with the activity leadership to see if the cadets are supposed to be housed in a specific area, perhaps as a group in large tents or something similar before reaching any final decisions about your sleeping arrangements.

+1

In my experience tents have typically been arranged accordingly with SMs  separate from cadets and cadets further separated by sex.
Mike Johnston

xray328

Yeah you're probably right, they'll be off doing their own thing.

Spam

Good choice!  Peer bonding and cutting some apron strings is a Good Thing.

V/R,
Spam