Main Menu

"Soft" launch of eservices

Started by MacGruff, June 23, 2014, 11:35:14 PM

Panache

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 24, 2014, 04:44:25 PM
So what uniform is appropriate for these characters and their activities?   >:D

Whatever they can loot.

Tim Medeiros

Then you'd also have to factor in the different classes and specs.  The uniform for an arcane mage would NOT work well for a rogue or feral druid.  You'd probably want something different from a fire mage to a frost mage too (thinking of heat and cold weather safety here).
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

LSThiker

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 24, 2014, 02:04:09 AM
The new version is basically a face lift of what we have now.  I've attached a screenshot of how it exists currently.

Okay, so stupid question.  My eServices looks nothing like that.  I like that layout.  Is there a way to change the format?

lordmonar

I herd that the new WOWM 39-1 is approved and should be released any time now.   >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Jon Moser

Quote from: LSThiker on June 24, 2014, 04:52:16 PM
The new version is basically a face lift of what we have now.  I've attached a screenshot of how it exists currently.

Okay, so stupid question.  My eServices looks nothing like that.  I like that layout.  Is there a way to change the format?

If I understand correctly you'll have the option to make yours look like that after the maintenance is complete tomorrow.
JONATHAN R. MOSER, Capt, CAP
Director of IT
Southwest Region

Tim Medeiros

Come Wednesday around 1200 CDT (approx, hopefully this won't be like a major patch from Blizzard) there will be.  Some people were asked to test drive it for a bit to make sure some kinks were worked out.  I happened to be lucky and be in the right place at the right time.

Quote from: lordmonar on June 24, 2014, 04:52:58 PM
I herd that the new WOWM 39-1 is approved and should be released any time now.   >:D
Does it take into account the different factions or even the neutral "faction"?  How about all the different terrains we can fly over?
1577/2811

Jon Moser

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 24, 2014, 04:57:05 PM
Does it take into account the different factions or even the neutral "faction"?  How about all the different terrains we can fly over?

Hopefully it specifies that PvP uniforms are not allowed for Raid missions.
Director of IT
Southwest Region

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Jon Moser on June 24, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

Hopefully it specifies that PvP uniforms are not allowed for Raid missions.
Hopefully, but I doubt that would happen.  It would remove a class of players from being able to wear a certain type of uniform based on only their choice of participation.
1577/2811

Devil Doc

Never Played WoW, But....

I did play EverQuest back in the Day..... Ohhhh....Then alot of friends moved to DAOC, which I never Did.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

spaatzmom

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 24, 2014, 04:35:43 PM
Quote from: spaatzmom on June 24, 2014, 04:24:18 PM
Oh Tim, your geek is showing.
It's been showing ever since I went into IT.  This is also nowhere near the level of geek from my old job.

Lol.  So then since you were about 6 years old then.  Well that explains some things, but I tried to keep it to a minimum for your own benefit.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: spaatzmom on June 24, 2014, 06:21:15 PM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 24, 2014, 04:35:43 PM
Quote from: spaatzmom on June 24, 2014, 04:24:18 PM
Oh Tim, your geek is showing.
It's been showing ever since I went into IT.  This is also nowhere near the level of geek from my old job.

Lol.  So then since you were about 6 years old then.  Well that explains some things, but I tried to keep it to a minimum for your own benefit.
It's in the genes, in this case, the paternal ones.  There is no escaping.
1577/2811

Panache

Come Wednesday around 1200 CDT (approx, hopefully this won't be like a major patch from Blizzard) there will be.  Some people were asked to test drive it for a bit to make sure some kinks were worked out.  I happened to be lucky and be in the right place at the right time.

(sigh)  Great.  Now all my eServices add-ons are going to be broken....

Jon Moser

Quote from: Panache on June 25, 2014, 03:39:41 AM

Be sure to check for updates. The Curse client is pretty helpful, though I don't know if they have a section for eServices...

Hmm an eServices DBM that tells me when a report is about due. That would be awesome.
Director of IT
Southwest Region

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: Jon Moser on June 25, 2014, 04:21:29 AM
Quote from: Panache on June 25, 2014, 03:39:41 AM

Be sure to check for updates. The Curse client is pretty helpful, though I don't know if they have a section for eServices...

Hmm an eServices DBM that tells me when a report is about due. That would be awesome.
Or when someone clicks the Ask the Commander link, that way we can get out of the fire....

Also, relevant to this post, http://imgur.com/r/wow/Z1NhEsa
1577/2811

Panache

NIN

Well, we've just proven CAP-Talk Theorem #1 (again): "CAP-Talk can turn any discussion into one about uniforms."  Even nerdy uniforms.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: NIN on June 25, 2014, 10:06:37 AM
Well, we've just proven CAP-Talk Theorem #1 (again): "CAP-Talk can turn any discussion into one about uniforms."  Even nerdy uniforms.
I think we've got it down to an art form.
1577/2811

Tim Medeiros

1577/2811

NIN

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 25, 2014, 11:51:01 AM

Yeah, this one was subtle. It smoothly went from CAP Technologies to Nerdy Tech to Nerdy Uniforms.

I almost missed it.

8)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Tim Medeiros

Quote from: NIN on June 25, 2014, 11:55:38 AM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on June 25, 2014, 11:51:01 AM

Yeah, this one was subtle. It smoothly went from CAP Technologies to Nerdy Tech to Nerdy Uniforms.

I almost missed it.

8)
And yet we've managed to avoid the main uniform topics somehow.
1577/2811