Military Course Equivalencies

Started by davedove, October 12, 2007, 01:13:30 PM

davedove

Does anyone have an example of the letter you used to apply for military course equivalencies?  I have a couple of new members that will probably do this.  I know all about getting the proof for the course but would like to borrow an example of the letter.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Capt M. Sherrod

I believe this was brought up in another thread.  There was even some specific language that was quoted.  I'd try and search for PME on the forum.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Al Sayre

I just called NHQ on the phone and then faxed them a copy of my DD214...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

JC004

Quote from: Al Sayre on October 12, 2007, 01:36:58 PM
I just called NHQ on the phone and then faxed them a copy of my DD214...

I've always seen it done this way...you just might have to tell them what you want to use such and such a course for, since there are multiple equivalents. 

Fifinella

Here's the one I created:

NHQ CAP/ETP
105 South Hansell St., Bldg. 714?Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6332
Ph: 334-953-5798
FAX: 334-953-4262 (DSN 493-4262)

Squadron Commander's Name
Squadron Name
Squadron Address
Squadron Phone #                                                                                                    DATE

Dear Sir or Madam:

In accordance with CAPR 50-17, section 4-5, I request that MEMBER'S NAME AND RANK, CAP ID #, Charter #, be given credit for the CAP Senior Officer Course, AFIADL Course 00013.  S/He has previously obtained military education qualifying as equivalent to this course by [graduating from a Four-Year ROTC program in DATE], [graduating from a Service Academy on DATE], etc.  According to Attachment 2 of CAPR 50-17, this equivalency is designated as Code V.  Attached to this letter is the supporting document.

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

Very Respectfully,

Commander's/PDO's Signature Block

I email this to the Immeforms address for eForm submission.  Has always worked great.  Just mod with your data. 

When they have attended multiple AD PME courses, I just add a paragraph(s) like this:

Additional attached documents also prove NAME & RANK has completed USAF Squadron Officer School, which he would like to apply as equivalency for Region Staff College (Code W), and Air Command and Staff College, which he would like to apply as equivalency for National Staff College (Code X).

In total, NAME & RANK is applying for military education equivalencies for 3 CAP PME courses: AFIADL 00013, RSC, and NSC.

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Short Field

Fax the letter and documentation to 334-953-4262, ATTN Ms. Jennifer Carroll, Registrar, Adult Program Records. 

A short phone call to her in advance will make sure you are sending the right stuff.  Her office number is 877-227-9142, ext 210

Diplomas work for most things but a DD Fm 214 will cover a lot of courses.  Be sure to clearly spell out which course you want the equivalency to substitute for.    It could be a lot easier to have someone take ECI-13 than attend RSC.

Ms Carroll is very friendly and extremely helpful so don't be afraid to contact her.  She really tries to get our members everything that is coming to them.

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

arajca

Quote from: Short Field on October 12, 2007, 10:54:14 PM
Ms Carroll is very friendly and extremely helpful so don't be afraid to contact her.  She really tries to get our members everything that is coming to them.
Amen! I contacted her just to make sure the CAPF 11's I had submitted for the TLC I did last weekend arrived and to see there were any problems. She opened the email and told me 1) they were fine and 2) the TLC would be posted in about 20 mins. Everything was posted within an hour.

davedove

David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Rangersigo

I have letter all the way up to NSC.  Let my know where to send them?

Short Field

Quote from: Rangersigo on November 06, 2007, 10:36:59 PM
I have letter all the way up to NSC.  Let my know where to send them?

Civil Air Patrol
National Headquarters
105 South Hansell Street
Building 714
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6332

ATTN:  DP
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640