Service Jacket Quesiton

Started by CadetProgramGuy, September 13, 2007, 03:16:27 AM

MIKE

^ 1337 h4xz0rs?  ???  How'd you manage to get access to AAFES online?

My service coat was still cheaper at $25... and I have some $4 trousers that don't fit anymore.
Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 14, 2007, 01:55:55 AMIt's the rule in the RealAirForce® (codified in AFI 36-2903) that flight caps/service caps, service dress jackets and trousers must match the same shade and weave. Try surviving your first inspection at 'maggot school' (ahem, Airman Leadership School  ;D) or other AF PME - you'll get sent to the MCSS to get a cap of the proper weave and shade. But then, that's a school situation...

I've seen people wear shade 84 or 1084 flight caps and service caps with more modern uniform shades in CAP. The mismatch in shade and weave is obvious. (84s and 1084s date back to the days of silvertan khakis.)

2903 says jacket and pants or jacket and skirt must match, but it doesn't currently say that headgear must. When I was in Air Force basic our TI's told us that they weren't required to, but they ought to match anyway for best appearance. It does look better anyway.

mikeylikey

They should match.  Don't be the only player with a cap that doesn't match.
What's up monkeys?

IceNine

Quote from: MIKE on September 14, 2007, 03:54:56 AM

My service coat was still cheaper at $25... and I have some $4 trousers that don't fit anymore.

Its an uphill battle,  You gotta be current or former military (in some fashion)

Their reasoning for not giving us access is that our agreement is for uniforms only and the AAFES Site sells TV's, gas cards, and other delightful items that are significantly cheaper than the real world
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

mikeylikey

Quote from: mfd1506 on September 14, 2007, 11:44:23 AM
Quote from: MIKE on September 14, 2007, 03:54:56 AM

Its an uphill battle,  You gotta be current or former military (in some fashion)

Their reasoning for not giving us access is that our agreement is for uniforms only and the AAFES Site sells TV's, gas cards, and other delightful items that are significantly cheaper than the real world

I love the NO tax on everything as well!
What's up monkeys?

jimmydeanno

meh...no tax is only a benefit if you live in a state that has sales taxes... ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

Mike Johnston

jimmydeanno

Your friendly neighbors to the north don't have sales tax, just do all your shopping there :)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

The one good thing about attending college in New Hampshire.
Mike Johnston

SAR-EMT1

I recently purchased a brand spanking new Service Coat at Scott AFB (after saving for a year) total price, with braid and alterations was 151.29
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

pixelwonk

You shouldn't have had to pay extra for the braid, as it comes with the coat.
Unless you meant getting it sewn on.