Wearing the Ranger Tab on ABUs

Started by DSellers, February 21, 2019, 07:24:50 PM

DSellers

I am a new Ranger Third Class. 39-1 outlines how Ranger Tabs are worn on BDUs. There are multiple regs that hint either way, but I still don't know if I can start wearing my tab, because I wear ABUs. Has this been addressed?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

BTW:  https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/UPDATED_ABU_wear_instruction_24_Oct_BEA8C45C7D2DD.pdf

"Left Breast Pocket. One full color patch authorized in Attachment 8-1 through 8-4, with the
exception of the Emergency Services patches, Honor Guard Shield (attachment 8-4) and Ranger tabs, may be sewn
to the shirt centered on the lower portion of the left breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and
pocket of ABU shirt.
One Service Badge shown in Attachment A6-1, may be worn in this position with the
exception of the National Staff Badge which is worn on the right pocket."

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

You really want this, to make it stand out:

"Left Breast Pocket. One full color patch authorized in Attachment 8-1 through 8-4, with the
exception of the Emergency Services patches, Honor Guard Shield [...] and Ranger tabs, may be sewn
to the shirt centered on the lower portion of the left breast pocket between left and right edges and bottom of flap and
pocket of ABU shirt.
One Service Badge shown in Attachment A6-1, may be worn in this position with the
exception of the National Staff Badge which is worn on the right pocket."

IOW, 1 full color patch from Attachment 8-1 thru 8-4 are authorized EXCEPT the ES patches, the HG shield and Ranger Tabs.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

TheSkyHornet

So, in conclusion...

Ranger Tabs cannot be worn on ABUs?

vorteks

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on February 21, 2019, 09:50:48 PM
So, in conclusion...

Depends on the meaning of the phrase "with the exception of".   >:D

PHall

Quote from: vorteks on February 21, 2019, 09:57:27 PM
So, in conclusion...

Depends on the meaning of the phrase "with the exception of".   >:D

This is why we can't have nice things...

jeders

So, in conclusion...

Correct, no ranger tabs on ABUs.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

DSellers

Hawk Mountain will find a way to get them on ABUs when BDUs are phase out in 2021

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret