Main Menu

Halloween ABU

Started by CAPed Crusader, October 31, 2018, 09:05:46 PM

CAPed Crusader

Hello,
So today happens to be Halloween. I saw a kid wearing CAP uniforms when i was giving out Halloween candy from my house, and he showed me his CAP ID [he really wanted to prove he was in CAP], I told him "I am not sure if this is allowed, if you do it for recruiting, it may be ok? I asked him if he got permission from his Squadron Cadet Commander to wear his ABUs. He said he didn't. I told him he should probably ask before doing it.
Is this allowed? I do not know.

V/R
DeRosa

Eclipse

This comes up every year. The CAP uniform, especially the USAF style, is not a costume.

Wearing it anywhere requires approval of the respective unit CC (or higher).

No, this is not appropriate.

With that said, best bet is to leave it alone, beyond perhaps bringing it up generally with your unit leadership
without naming names.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: francisderosa16 on October 31, 2018, 09:05:46 PMI asked him if he got permission from his Squadron Cadet Commander to wear his ABUs.

Just for clarity, a Squadron Cadet Commander does not have any authority to allow the
wear of a CAP uniform, nor for that matter much of anything else.

The authority in a unit is the adult Squadron Commander.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Our Cadets had a Halloween Party last night with the Cadets all dressed in crazy outfits. Costume wear was the UOD, and photos posted on the FB page ... I'm just waiting for the uniform police to start chiming in on that thread, UOD or not. LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

SarDragon

Bottom line for the OP - a CAP uniform is not acceptable as a Hallowe'en costume in most circumstances.

We're done here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: etodd on October 31, 2018, 09:20:49 PM
Our Cadets had a Halloween Party last night with the Cadets all dressed in crazy outfits. Costume wear was the UOD, and photos posted on the FB page ... I'm just waiting for the uniform police to start chiming in on that thread, UOD or not. LOL

Why would we? They're not wearing a uniform.  Maybe the Fashion Police might have a problem and I hear they're viscous!

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on November 01, 2018, 12:01:15 AM

Why would we? They're not wearing a uniform.  Maybe the Fashion Police might have a problem and I hear they're viscous!

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on November 01, 2018, 01:04:36 AM
Quote from: PHall on November 01, 2018, 12:01:15 AM

Not quite the word I meant, but it works for me!

SarDragon

Oops, missed the Lock button last time. The Ghostbusters bit was fun, though.
Click.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret