Flight Suit Question and CAP Talk Question

Started by CAPed Crusader, June 10, 2018, 05:58:53 PM

NIN

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 17, 2018, 08:03:59 PM
The AF abuses this terribly, but flight suits should only be worn when participating in flying, and going to or returning from flying.
To be fair, back in the day of the green bag, the Army was very good about abusing this as well. That was my duty uniform, whether I was actually on the flight schedule or not.

The only time I can recall not wearing it was staff duty driver, or some kind of a ceremony where they wanted everybody in the same uniform.

Oh yeah, and safety stand-down days
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

In the Air Force I was an enlisted aircrew member and my specified duty uniform was the Flight Suit.
Made no difference if I was flying, working in the scheduling shop or just dealing with the required Computer Based Training.

goblin

The AF abuses this terribly, but flight suits should only be worn when participating in flying, and going to or returning from flying.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSkyHornet

I used to see the AFROTC cadre in college walking around in their flight suits, yet they had no airfield and no aircraft, nor flying duty.

I asked one time about it. The reason I received from their deputy commander: "Oh, this is so much more comfortable to wear."

lordmonar

Hasn't been that way in the USAF since the late 70's.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

PHall

Quote from: goblin on July 20, 2018, 12:47:28 AM

Why?

There's about five paragraphs spread over three pages in AFI 36-2903 on just who is allowed to wear a flight suit.
But if you meet the criteria and are assigned to a flying position or a non-flying position that has to be filled by a flyer, you're good to go to wear the flight suit as your specified duty uniform.

goblin

Quote from: PHall on July 21, 2018, 12:41:27 AM
Quote from: goblin on July 20, 2018, 12:47:28 AM

Why?

There's about five paragraphs spread over three pages in AFI 36-2903 on just who is allowed to wear a flight suit.
But if you meet the criteria and are assigned to a flying position or a non-flying position that has to be filled by a flyer, you're good to go to wear the flight suit as your specified duty uniform.

Right. That was the basis behind my "why".