Vanguard rigger belt almost too small

Started by Geber, March 24, 2018, 02:57:07 PM

Geber

I got the smaller Vanguard rigger belt (39"). It's almost too small for me, and if I achieve my goal of losing a few pounds, it will be. I wonder why a smaller one isn't sold?

When the time comes that it won't fit, I'm thinking of removing the thread holding the hook & loop strips on and repositioning them. Then cutting some off the end and fusing it with heat. Any better ideas?

Eclipse

You're going to need to resew it if you move the hook and loop.

With that said, a rigger's belt in CAP is cool and all, but not worth the hassle or
extra weight.  Just get an inexpensive nylon belt on Amazon and
enjoy the rest of your weekend.

"That Others May Zoom"

I_Am_Twigs

The riggers belt was too big for me, I ended up buying a belt from a base's BX.

looks just like this:

Not expensive at all, only about 5-7 dollars if I remember right. If you you're not near a BX then they're pretty easy to find online. Also if there's too much excess you just cut the end off and take a lighter to it, other than that it's a really good belt I've used mine shortly after I switched the ABUs. (1 - 1 1/2 years)
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

audiododd

Quote from: I_Am_Twigs on March 24, 2018, 04:07:08 PM
The riggers belt was too big for me, I ended up buying a belt from a base's BX.

looks just like this:

<SNIP>

Not expensive at all, only about 5-7 dollars if I remember right. If you you're not near a BX then they're pretty easy to find online. Also if there's too much excess you just cut the end off and take a lighter to it, other than that it's a really good belt I've used mine shortly after I switched the ABUs. (1 - 1 1/2 years)

^^^ So much this ^^^

I don't know why National decided to put the verbiage about the hook/loop in the ICL (especially the part about it being "the best type.")  It's too bulky and too hard to trim to fit.  Ive been using the non-velcro type of belt for as long as I can remember, first w/BDUs then with the ABUs.  I leave about 3-4" of extra and then burn it.
Dodd Martin, MSgt, CAP
MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Squadron NCO
Safety/Comm/Admin/Personnel/IT
TMP - MO - MS - MRO - MSO

J2H

My ABU belt is not a rigger belt.  It is the Better BDU belt, in tan.  I have a black rigger belt for work and I really don't like it.  But with larger belts, try to trim it and burn the edge to prevent frays
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031