C182T accident 1 Feb 2016 - NTSB factual available as of 5 Mar 2018

Started by Live2Learn, March 07, 2018, 12:31:38 AM

Live2Learn

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/ReportGeneratorFile.ashx?EventID=20160202X33553&AKey=1&RType=Final&IType=FA

This looks like recommended reading for aircrew AND flight release officers.  The report could also be a thread under the "safety" forum, but "Aviation & Flying Activities" seems a better fit.

RIP.

[Corrected incident date]

OldGuy

Quote from: Live2Learn on March 07, 2018, 12:31:38 AM
https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/ReportGeneratorFile.ashx?EventID=20160202X33553&AKey=1&RType=Final&IType=FA

This looks like recommended reading for aircrew AND flight release officers.  The report could also be a thread under the "safety" forum, but "Aviation & Flying Activities" seems a better fit.

RIP.
Get-home-itis?

SarDragon

I was a little concerned that both pilots had evidence of antihistamines in their systems. I'm reluctant to drive while taking them, and would have to work really hard at considering flying, piloting or not, while using them.

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mdickinson

A correction is needed to the thread title.
According to the NTSB report, this accident took place on 1 Feb 2016 (not 2018).

etodd

This flight has been discussed in several threads over the last couple years. Delayed flights, a longer day than anticipated, tired, low IMC, an auto-pilot that others have said was finicky, not realizing they were not climbing when ATC asked them twice to climb ... its a long list of factors that led to a horrible result. High time ATP on-board.

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Live2Learn

Quote from: mdickinson on March 21, 2018, 11:32:53 PM
A correction is needed to the thread title.
According to the NTSB report, this accident took place on 1 Feb 2016 (not 2018).

Agree.  FWIW I've also been known to use the wrong century for my birth date.  :o  It's interesting how many attentive readers overlooked that little oops in the title.  :)