Main Menu

Syllabus 8

Started by The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me, February 17, 2018, 07:58:15 PM

The_CAP_Life_Chose_Me

If the weather holds up well this up coming week I will be doing a syllabus 8 for powered flight.
I love flying but I am not a huge fan of heights and I also tend to get airsick from time to time... Any advice? Or what this Syllabus 8 powered flight experience is like?
C/SSgt Cassie

Live2Learn

Tell your pilot exactly what you posted.  Discuss how you can signal 'ease up'.  Ahead of your flight ask to schedule it in the morning when the air is 'smooth' and avoid afternoons and windy/gusty weather.  Talk with the pilot and ask for a prebrief of each maneuver both on the ground and prior to each maneuver.  RELAX, and enjoy.

etodd

Keep your eyes outside looking toward the horizon. Don't spend too much time looking at the panel. Let the MP do that.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

EMT-83

Quote from: etodd on February 18, 2018, 01:07:44 AM
Keep your eyes outside looking toward the horizon. Don't spend too much time looking at the panel. Let the MP do that.

Sure, if the pilot happens to be an MP.

etodd

Quote from: EMT-83 on February 18, 2018, 01:54:44 AM
Quote from: etodd on February 18, 2018, 01:07:44 AM

Sure, if the pilot happens to be an MP.

Not that its relevant to the actual question raised .... Geez ... make it ANY kind of qualified O'Ride pilot.  Does that work for you? ;)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Live2Learn

Quote from: etodd on February 18, 2018, 02:53:12 AM

Not that its relevant to the actual question raised .... Geez ... make it ANY kind of qualified O'Ride pilot.  Does that work for you? ;)

Yep, "Clear comms are a characteristic of 'good' [Mission] Pilots.   :)