The uniform I like the best

Started by flyguy06, June 11, 2007, 11:09:17 PM

RiverAux

Hmmm, so we've got a couple of people complaining about uniform topics...well, lets just take a look at where they post the most according to their stats:
Critic1 -- most posted to board -- Uniforms!
Critic2 --- 2nd most posted to board -- Uniforms!

jimmydeanno

I don't think anyone is crticizing the discussions about uniforms, but there is more to them than what is coming out of the discussions.

Since we can all tell who the "critic 1 and 2" are, I think it would be wise to actually look at the comments made during these posts.  They aren't talking about rating members based on their ability to fit in an AF uniform.

The issue that came up was people getting offended by the comments about segregating people according to body shape and telling them that they shouldn't be allowed to work with certain people because of it.

Thank you Chaplain Don for that unique "story," and I completely agree with you. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Quote from: RiverAux on June 12, 2007, 01:45:13 PM
Hmmm, so we've got a couple of people complaining about uniform topics...well, lets just take a look at where they post the most according to their stats:
Critic1 -- most posted to board -- Uniforms!
Critic2 --- 2nd most posted to board -- Uniforms!

I'm not saying that, as an organization, there's nothing to discuss about uniforms.  Yeah, I post here a lot too.  Perhaps it's also the little fact that, oh, I don't know... I'm an administrator of the board and the most activity on the board, besides the lobby, is about uniforms.  But it's really an aside.

My point was that we've gone around in circles and circles - hundreds and hundreds of posts on the corporate uniform vs. Air Force uniforms, vs. need to consolidate, vs. new uniform ideas, vs. what uniforms I prefer, vs. what uniforms you prefer, vs. what uniforms we should wear around cadets, vs. what uniforms you wear while flying, vs. what uniforms you wear while reading the newspaper in the bathroom.

Seriously, folks.  I'm all for productive conversation, but how many times are we going to rehash the same conversations?  Go back and look at past threads in the uniform section (no really, go look).  These topics have been pretty much already been covered to their deaths and then some.   

"Critic 1" thinks maybe it's time we put a bit more time into other, professionally-oriented discussions, even if "Critic 1 of Critic 1" thinks that's hypocritical.  Mea maxima culpa.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Chaplaindon

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 12, 2007, 02:17:08 PM
F22's???  I thought we were getting F-18's (http://capblog.typepad.com/capblog/2006/04/we_got_new_plan.html)

Al,

Sorry both the F-18 and the new double-breasted Corporate Service Dress uniform would be criticized as looking too Navy-ish. We can't have that, now can we?

Looks matter!

Critic-2
Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

Al Sayre

I guess as a former squid, my taste tends to run that way...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SKYKING607

FAVORITE UNIFORM?

The USAF 1505 (tan) from the 60's!   Most comfortable I've ever worn!

CAWG Career Captain

ddelaney103

That's easy, I loved this one:

Now, we wore them with ties and w/o the SAC Elite Guard bling, but that was a great suit.

Chappie

The only thing I can say about uniforms in CAP is that there is little uniformity.  I can attend one CAP function and see at least 6 various approved uniforms  ::)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

SarDragon

Of the 20 most prolific posters, the uniform topic was the "favorite" of four posters, 3nd fave of eleven, 3rd fave of two, 4th fave of one, and 5th fave of one.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled complaint session.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Quote from: ddelaney103 on June 12, 2007, 05:35:00 PM
That's easy, I loved this one:

[pic redacted]

Now, we wore them with ties and w/o the SAC Elite Guard bling, but that was a great suit.

Oh I loved that uniform, in both the AF style, and Navy style. Sad days when they went away.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ddelaney103

Quote from: SarDragon on June 12, 2007, 06:16:50 PM
Of the 20 most prolific posters, the uniform topic was the "favorite" of four posters, 3nd fave of eleven, 3rd fave of two, 4th fave of one, and 5th fave of one.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled complaint session.

We talk about uniforms more than anything else because it's one of the topic that will touch every member.

I remember meeting an old friend who was an ARNG type while I was ANG.  The one commonality we had to talk about was floor buffers.  We were both a little green eyed about the top of the line floor buffer they were using at the university.

Jolt

Senior members Officers are complicated. :)

I just wear what most of the people around me are wearing.  So I wear a BDU when everyone's wearing BDUs, blues when everyone's wearing blues, and a flight suit when I'm flying.