Started by ironputts, January 13, 2022, 03:11:20 PM

ironputts

January 13, 2022

Lt. Col. Cheri Jennings
Group 225
New Jersey Wing

Obituary coming

CAP Note:

On behalf of the Wing Commander, I am saddened to report the death of Lt Col Cheri Jennings, former Group 225 Deputy Commander, former NJWG Chief of Staff, and former TXWG Chief of Staff.

Lt Col Cheri Jennings was married to the former NJWG Vice Commander for Operations, Lt Col Robert Jennings for many years.  Bob announced his wife's death earlier today.  She passed away on Tuesday night, 11 January 2022.

I am sharing the Facebook post that Lt Col Robert Jennings updated today:

I am sad to share the news that my best friend, partner-in-hijinks and most beloved wife Cheri Fischler Jennings lost her battle with Acute Leukemia last night. She was surrounded by family and loved ones and passed peacefully. She is survived by me, her devoted mother Sue Kristoffersen, Brother John Kristoffersen and his wife Rhonda, son Michael Moody and his wife Tawni Moody, stepsons Paul Jennings and Nicholas H. Jennings, their significant others Shelby Wedgeworth and Erin Uholik and the granddaughter she loved deeply, Charlotte Rose.
I know some of you reading this will be surprised, Cheri did not make her diagnosis widely known. She fought like hell for 7 months.
Much more about my amazing wife later.
Greg Putnam, Lt. Col., CAP