Mission Scenarios

Started by Okayish Aviator, September 24, 2021, 01:15:28 PM

Okayish Aviator

All, I've decided to create a workbook of exercise scenarios for use during training missions and thought it might be a good idea to share with everyone and allow others to add to it with their own scenarios they've used for training.

Emphasis should be on realism but can be unlikely and off the wall as well. The goal is to provide somewhere where members can go to find ideas to create challenging, interesting and fun scenarios. Mods this might be a good one to sticky.

I'll go first.

(This is for coastal areas)
Exercise Scenario:
On [date] at approximately [time] local time, a previously uncatalogued 400-meter diameter asteroid entered the atmosphere above central Florida. It began to break up at 46 thousand feet and most of the impactor struck the in the Atlantic Ocean at N30.0, W79.5. The impact generated a 10-meter-high tsunami from Vero Beach, FL north to Jekyll Island, GA. The air blast was sufficient to damage some homes and shatter windows on homes as far west as Orlando FL, and the fireball was visible across most of the eastern seaboard. Ejecta and falling debris impacted across central Florida leaving damage and destruction.

FLWG CAP is tasked with assessing the damage in the affected areas along the shoreline, coastal and riverways for flooding. Ground and sUAS surveying of other affected areas as requested by CAP, agency partners and customers.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

Jester

I've been toying with the idea of adapting the Tactical Decision Game (TDG) method into ES training.  Give a situation and have leaders work out a plan with the resources provided, with a time restriction.

I'm thinking much smaller scale, aimed at GTLs and GBDs.  I've only seen it with military tactical scenarios, not with a GSAR focus.

With your idea, I would support a shared resource where users can submit their scenario and you add it to the bank.  I think it's a good idea you should submit to HUBCAP.