CAP Online Safety Education - Monthly Courses.

Started by exFlight Officer, January 08, 2012, 07:54:21 PM

exFlight Officer

Does anyone know if the online safety courses in eServices will have any additional courses for this year? I have taken all but one course (Fire Extinguisher Training) from last year. With the new year, I may not be able to make every meeting (or the meeting with the safety briefing).

Thanks for your input.

ßτε

I think they have been adding new ones every month or two. There is nothing that prevents you from retaking courses you have already passed and still maintain safety currency.

Brad

I'm in the same boat as you (and ironically enough I took the fire extinguisher course mere days after I already covered the same in one of my firefighting classes lol!) and I'm wondering this too.

I do remember this though: http://www.capvolunteernow.com/news.cfm/civil_air_patrol_partners_with_faa_for_safety_training?show=news&newsID=12193  about how we can get CAP safety credit for online FAA courses. So hopefully that will help keep us afloat until more courses drop in.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

OMG - there are 13 on-line safety courses when I just looked on eServices.  That should cover anyone who fails to attend any safety briefings at a regular meeting for at least TWO years!!!  Take a briefing on the 1st of the month and you are good until the end of the following month.  You don't get extra credit for taking extra courses...
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

And yet we still have people who constantly pop "INCOMPLETE" on monthly reports, and toss a fit when you make an issue of it.

If you're active, it's a non-issue, if you aren't, and a less then 10 minute briefing once every two months is "too much hassle",
what value are you to CAP?

The value as a safety tool may be debatele, but as an indicator of involvement and initiative, it's pretty spot on.

"That Others May Zoom"