USAF DL CDCs no longer available

Started by Holding Pattern, December 17, 2019, 05:11:40 PM

Holding Pattern

Today I found out that the Distance Learning Career Development Courses are no longer open to CAP Members. This is disappointing as taking some of these courses were on my 2020-2021 roadmap for my personal development.

What can we do to bring this program back?

This was in response to a query to NHQ, the reply back I got on it was:
"Right now we do not have access to the CDCs, only professional military Education such as Squadron Officer School."

I can't take the the Officer PME because I don't have a Bachelor's degree. I can't take the enlisted PME because not being prior service I can't become a NCO. The one course set I can take is now just... gone.

THRAWN

Did this come from CAP or the Air Force? You could always register if you're a federal employee or a Red Cross volunteer....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Holding Pattern

Quote from: THRAWN on December 17, 2019, 05:20:22 PM
Did this come from CAP or the Air Force? You could always register if you're a federal employee or a Red Cross volunteer....

It came from the CAP PD office.

I must say though I'm tempted to sign on with ARC for a year and see what the paperwork to action ratio is there vs CAP...

THRAWN

Quote from: Holding Pattern on December 17, 2019, 05:27:25 PM

I must say though I'm tempted to sign on with ARC for a year and see what the paperwork to action ratio is there vs CAP...

I may have asked the wrong question. When they said that "we do not have access to the CDCs" was that due to an instruction from the Air Force, an ID10T error, or because the person that channels the applications at CAP is on leave?

Joining ARC might not be a bad idea, if for no other reason than keeping uninterrupted access to CDCs.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Holding Pattern

Quote from: THRAWN on December 17, 2019, 05:44:29 PM
Quote from: Holding Pattern on December 17, 2019, 05:27:25 PM

I may have asked the wrong question. When they said that "we do not have access to the CDCs" was that due to an instruction from the Air Force, an ID10T error, or because the person that channels the applications at CAP is on leave?

Joining ARC might not be a bad idea, if for no other reason than keeping uninterrupted access to CDCs.

I did not get a why. I did inquire as to when they might come back, but I expect it will be a day or so before I get a response.

I am curious if this also coincided with the ACE review of SM PD going away though...