Main Menu

MN wing Encampment

Started by fronzz, June 11, 2005, 03:48:12 PM

fronzz

Who here has been or is going to this years MnWG Encampment?  I am. :) :)
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

MIKE

Are you going to complete achievement 1 before attending?

Quote from: CAPR 52-165-6. b. Cadets. Cadets with a current membership card who have completed the Curry achievement may participate in
an encampment.
Mike Johnston

ladyreferee

My son went to the pre-encampment, and will be attending the MN encampment - coming from Wisconsin!
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

Pylon

Quote from: ladyreferee on June 14, 2005, 10:16:53 PM
My son went to the pre-encampment, and will be attending the MN encampment - coming from Wisconsin!

That's a heck of a hike!   :o
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ladyreferee

Actually, it's not so bad - we have a trailer about 40 minutes north on Pelican Lake so I'll have a vacation that week!  Hope it doesn't rain.....

fronzz

Quote from: ladyreferee on June 14, 2005, 10:16:53 PM

Really who is your son?
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

fronzz

Quote from: MIKE on June 14, 2005, 03:07:14 PM
Are you going to complete achievement 1 before attending?

Quote from: CAPR 52-165-6. b. Cadets. Cadets with a current membership card who have completed the Curry achievement may participate in
an encampment.

Yea i am really trying hard to get it done i didnt pass the mile(which i need to pass) by 16 seconds!
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

ladyreferee

Keep running!  Did you go to the pre-encampment?  My son was in Alpha - C/1C Dan with the red hair.

MIKE

Quote from: ladyreferee on June 16, 2005, 03:15:11 PM
C/1C

Wow... You are "Old Skool"...  :)

It's C/A1C now per CAPR 52-16... CAPP 151 hasn't been updated and still lists the "Old Skool" grades.
Mike Johnston

fronzz

Yes i was in his flight. C/AB Hibma.
C/Amn Peter Hibma
CAP

ladyreferee

I noticed on the encampment equipment packing list that it says it is optional to bring a camelbak (must b woodland camo, brown or black).  What is this?  Is this the vest that carries the flashlight, first aid kit, etc.?

Pylon

Quote from: ladyreferee on June 21, 2005, 09:06:07 PM
I noticed on the encampment equipment packing list that it says it is optional to bring a camelbak (must b woodland camo, brown or black).  What is this?  Is this the vest that carries the flashlight, first aid kit, etc.?

Nope.  A Cambelbak is a backpack-type thing that carries inside it a plastic water bladder.  It also has a rubber "hose" that comes out of it and attaches near your neck on the strap.  This way it's easy to hydrate yourself all day long without the clumsiness of canteens, nor the hassel of opening and closing your canteens.  You simply put the spout in your mouth and drink.  Nifty little things, really.

Some of the higher-end models have pouches for storing or carrying other things on your Camelbak, while the basic ones are just that - the insolated water bladder with a spout.  :)

CAPM 39-1 requires they be in those colors you listed above to be worn with uniform.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cmdbuddy

To add onto the camelbak discussion, you can find them here: www.camelbak.com  Most sporting goods stores carry them, along with many surplus stores.  They also keep your water much cooler than canteens, and it doesn't taste like plastic like canteen water is.  I own 4 camelbaks, and love them!
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

MIKE

Quote from: Cmdbuddy on June 21, 2005, 11:12:05 PM
To add onto the camelbak discussion, you can find them here: www.camelbak.com  Most sporting goods stores carry them, along with many surplus stores.  They also keep your water much cooler than canteens, and it doesn't taste like plastic like canteen water is.  I own 4 camelbaks, and love them!

I highly recommend you read this thread.

Also, It is not likely that you will find a style/color hydration system that will meet the requirements specified CAPM 39-1 at your average sporting goods store, EMS or REI...  Your better off getting a Mil-Spec one made by Camelbak or Blackhawk.
Mike Johnston