Main Menu

Best AF Safety Quote of the Year.

Started by Stonewall, May 25, 2009, 02:40:42 AM

jb512

Quote from: PHall on May 27, 2009, 12:22:49 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on May 26, 2009, 03:01:59 AM
Quote from: PHall on May 25, 2009, 04:11:02 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on May 25, 2009, 04:08:17 AM
You're always up there when I'm gone, Kirt.

I'm up at Fairchild right now going through SERE.  I should be back on June 13th if you're still around..

Say hi to Igor for me! ;D

I'm going to say as little as possible to any of the "Igor"s during that part...   :-\

Uh Huh, Right....   ;)

Return with Honor... and a couple of bruises.

I've heard it makes you appreciate pizza and beer a whole lot more.

SJFedor

Quote from: BTCS1* on May 25, 2009, 07:34:45 PM
At a debrief after a GT sortie at the NYWG Apr 09 SAREX. My GT was tasked with locating "explosives" under blue tarps, they would be at a marina north of the Tappan Zee bridge, 1st off, do you know how many blue tarps there are at marinas! so back to topic, we were asked if we had found the tarps, we said yes, the came the real question, and how close did you get to the tarps? us:ummm, 4 feet? The safety officer: and what was supposed to be under the tarps? Us: Ohhhhh, right.   ;)

And the point of that was.....?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Gunner C

Quote from: olefido on May 27, 2009, 02:29:29 AM
Quote from: Gunner C on May 25, 2009, 02:15:51 PM

Safety quote?  Can't think of one.

Ah! The infamous Australian peel back.
Very good!  Very few folks are familiar with the Australian Peel.  Great tactic for breaking contact, but you'll never see it in a TTP manual.  Very safe, unless you have a former Marine throwing 'nades.  ;D

Gunner C

Isn't AF but it is joint and almost 20 years old:

In Panama, our unit had received "cross border authority" on 19 Dec.  That meant we were going to war in a few hours.  Everyone had been jerked around for months with the on-again/off-again war.  COMSOCSOUTH gathered us together in our hanger at Albrook Air Force Station to give us a pep tak/send off.  Everyone was pumped and ready to go.  This was the talk that everyone always envisioned getting just before setting off for a historic event.

We were all gathered together when Col Jake Jacolbly stood on a table to address us.  He was a tall, lean, well respected SF officer. Silence fell over the excited crowd.  "Men," he said, "the president has set H-Hour for 0100 tomorrow morning.  Our missions are set and everyone is well trained.  When you venture out tonight, don't do anything dangerous."

Everyone stood there with their mouths agape - we were being ordered to have a safe war.  Holy Cow!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

AirDX

Quote from: Gunner C on May 25, 2009, 02:15:51 PM
Safety quote?  Can't think of one.

How 'bout everyone's favorite safety quote: "Oh [mess]!"

I survived this exact scenario at Ft. Leonard Wood many years ago.  It's pretty funny AFTER you account for everyone in the squad, and make sure no one has any excess holes in their body!

Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Flying Pig

I'm up at Fairchild right now going through SERE.  I should be back on June 13th if you're still around..

They let you have computers in a POW Camp?

Gunner C

Quote from: Flying Pig on September 08, 2009, 11:53:09 PM

IIRC, the Fairchild program let's you off at night - POW by day, barracks rat by night.  ;D

PHall

Quote from: Gunner C on September 09, 2009, 03:37:40 AM
Quote from: Flying Pig on September 08, 2009, 11:53:09 PM

IIRC, the Fairchild program let's you off at night - POW by day, barracks rat by night.  ;D

You remember wrong.   

You get a couple of days in the classroom before you get a chance to put your newly learned skills to work.
And you're in the barracks while you're doing the classroom phase.

Stonewall

Quote from: Gunner C on September 09, 2009, 03:37:40 AMIIRC, the Fairchild program let's you off at night - POW by day, barracks rat by night.  ;D

Several days in classroom.

Several days in the woods (no nights/days off).

Couple days back in class.

Several days in "camp" (no nights/days off).

In fact, from start to finish, there are no days off, only nights while in academic portion.

SERE-C Graduate, November 2005, Fairchild AFB.
Serving since 1987.

jb512

Man, it feels like that was such a long time ago now.  Since SERE I've been to 7 or 8 different countries and counting...

"C-5 Loadmaster - The life of a rockstar without the lawsuits and STDs".

Stonewall

Quote from: Stonewall on May 25, 2009, 02:40:42 AM
"With zero fatalities, we must assume that everyone had their reflective belts on."

And if you're interested in the "History of the Reflective Belt", click here.
Serving since 1987.

SarDragon

Glad I set the food and drink aside before reading that.  ;D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Fifinella

@ Stonewall: reflector belt history - niiiice.  This will be shared w/ appropriate personnel.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

davidsinn

Quote from: Stonewall on April 19, 2010, 11:59:20 PM
And then there's this...

Please tell me that's not a Spectre or Spooky?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Nick

Quote from: jaybird512 on October 19, 2009, 06:43:22 AM
Man, it feels like that was such a long time ago now.  Since SERE I've been to 7 or 8 different countries and counting...

"C-5 Loadmaster - The life of a rockstar without the lawsuits and STDs".
How long have you been a Load?  7 or 8 countries isn't much... I hit just about that many in just one deployment. :)
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

"The safest place for the aircraft is in the hangar."  Stated when a Deputy was concerned that we may have an engine failure during a SAR....therefore, according to him, we shouldnt use aircraft for SAR.

Eagle400

Best CAP Safety Quote, ever:

Quote from: Old CAP Safety PosterGo ahead, make my day... A safe one!