Question on when to wear my uniform.

Started by THX-1138, March 18, 2019, 11:18:43 PM

THX-1138

This may sound stupid, but if I got my "Welcome to CAP" email and have my temporary membership card and all, am I authorized to war my ABU to my first meeting as a CAP member?

PHall

Does it have all of the required CAP insignia on it in the correct places?

THX-1138

Quote from: PHall on March 18, 2019, 11:42:49 PM
Does it have all of the required CAP insignia on it in the correct places?
Yes, both the nametape and "Civil air patrol" tape were both sown on by modifications on the ANGB that the meetings take place on.

MSG Mac

Since you're brand new member, check with your unit. I assume you're a cadet. Most units send out orders of the day detailing which uniform to wear or a call down from your Flight Sergeant telling you what's going on at the next meeting. They should answer that question
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

THX-1138

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 19, 2019, 12:04:11 AM
Since you're brand new member, check with your unit. I assume you're a cadet. Most units send out orders of the day detailing which uniform to wear or a call down from your Flight Sergeant telling you what's going on at the next meeting. They should answer that question
You seemed to have misunderstood what I was trying to say. I meant that I'm wondering if I am authorized to wear my ABU to the meeting since I was just processed into the system. BDU/ABU is the uniform for the next meeting.

etodd

Gotta like a young Cadet that knows THX-1138
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

THX-1138

Quote from: etodd on March 19, 2019, 12:27:38 AM
I am unsure if I am supposed to take that as a compliment or not.

arajca

Quote from: THX-1138 on March 19, 2019, 12:30:18 AM
Quote from: etodd on March 19, 2019, 12:27:38 AM
I am unsure if I am supposed to take that as a compliment or not.
It's a compliment.

You are authorized to wear your uniform as long as it is complete. Check with your unit to see if wing patches are required. They are in some wings. I would suggest bringing some civilian clothes just in case the shop made a mistake. We had an AF uniform alterations shop mess up a bunch of wing patches.

If you get to the meeting early, see if your flight sgt can give your uniform a quick once over.

NIN

It should be clear: your unit is the final arbiter of this sort of thing.

If you're in training and you're all going to be inspected and wear your ABUs on a certain night of training, then if you show up 3 weeks earlier in ABUs because a "bunch of guys on the Internet said it was OK," you might have a bad day.

Your immediate chain of command (your element leader, flight sergeant, etc) should be your first stop, not randos on the Interwebz
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.