Missed the anniversary...

Started by Ozzy, July 30, 2018, 06:33:48 PM

Ozzy

So 10 years ago this past April national sent out the `current` iteration of the Cadet Great Start. While it does say national is looking to post a new updated one this year, has anyone seen a draft for it?

Linked here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/library/greatstart/
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

NIN

Quote from: Ozzy on July 30, 2018, 06:33:48 PM
So 10 years ago this past April national sent out the `current` iteration of the Cadet Great Start. While it does say national is looking to post a new updated one this year, has anyone seen a draft for it?

Linked here: https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/library/greatstart/

Sort of. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Ozzy

Any ETA for the draft/publication? I have about 5 cadet or so joining the squadron in the next few weeks and I'm willing to try a little beta testing for it ;-)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Ozzy

Quote from: NIN on July 31, 2018, 11:28:20 AM
Not that soon.

Resurrecting this post... Has there ever been an update posted? I did a bit of a google search and NHQ and I haven't found squat. It's been just under a year.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
GAWG Encampment 18, 19

MSG Mac

The NHQ Cadet Staff have a tendency to roll out new stuff at the National Conference. Maybe next month.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Ned

Mostly we have prioritized staff time toward creating and administering the new cadet flight training while investing some $2.4 million of new AF funding.  We're going to have a whole bunch of new private pilots this year.

So, yeah, we're a dirty on getting the revised Great Start program out the door.

Please accept my personal apology for not getting updated publication information out to you all.  We can and will do better at that. 

At this time we do not have a firm publication date for revised Great Start.  I will let you know when we have  it in coordinating draft form.

Ned Lee
Col, CAP
National Cadet Program Manager