Main Menu

New NEAT

Started by arajca, November 21, 2006, 02:54:53 PM

arajca

Lat night, I was talking with my unit ES Officer about members who attended the wing GSAR school not being authorized to wear the patch from the school. As we were talking, an idea emerged: A new NEAT-type program. The basic idea is that NEAT schools would be at least five days long with three days of curriculum dictated by National and at least two days by the wing. This provides a good standard for everyone - somethings are the same nationwide, regardless of what some members think - and still allows for tailoring for wing specific needs as well. Ie, in CO we'd concentrate on mountain work.

Pylon

Quote from: arajca on November 21, 2006, 02:54:53 PM
Lat night, I was talking with my unit ES Officer about members who attended the wing GSAR school not being authorized to wear the patch from the school. As we were talking, an idea emerged: A new NEAT-type program. The basic idea is that NEAT schools would be at least five days long with three days of curriculum dictated by National and at least two days by the wing. This provides a good standard for everyone - somethings are the same nationwide, regardless of what some members think - and still allows for tailoring for wing specific needs as well. Ie, in CO we'd concentrate on mountain work.

Sorry, I'm a bit obtuse... what does NEAT stand for?   ???
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Applogies. NEAT = National Emergency Asistance Training. IIRC, is was a collection of wing/region level ES schools.