New Corporate Uniform

Started by mikeylikey, March 07, 2006, 09:22:30 PM

Pylon

Okay, okay... the moment you've all been waiting for (and the one that I've been trying to avoid)...

The new CAP Corporate Uniform as modeled by some goof.

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Major_Chuck

You just don't seemed excited about the new duds.

My Vanguard order arrived with the epaulets today (AF Style) and I'm just waiting for the name tag.  As promised, I too will place myself up for public ridicle.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

AlphaSigOU

Here's my new uniform shirt... I'll be sporting it tomorrow night at the cadet meeting. Full photos of the uniform when I put 'em on tomorrow. Don't expect 'Glamour Shots'.  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Monty

Today must be "Wear the Type 2 Aviator Uniform" Day....or April Fools Day.

Taught a CPPT/Level 1 and figured, "why not?"

See attached.

[attachment deleted by admin- older than one year]

SFox167

I don't know if I'm speaking for myself here, or not.  I for one, like the new uniform.  It gives members who do not meet the weight, or grooming requirements a chance to look more USAF, and less Corprate Pilot.  I for one, am glad I do not have to wear gray pants.  :)   
I look much better in blue anyway. ;D
Steven Fox

MIKE

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 01, 2006, 06:33:45 PM
Here's my new uniform shirt... I'll be sporting it tomorrow night at the cadet meeting. Full photos of the uniform when I put 'em on tomorrow. Don't expect 'Glamour Shots'.  ;D

No encampment ribbon Lt ?
Mike Johnston

Eclipse

I'm a little confused by that rack myself, though as a Senior you're only supposed to wear the encampment ribbon if you were on staff.

Seems a little light for a Cadet Major, who's now a 1lt.

"That Others May Zoom"

Monty

Quote from: SFox167 on April 02, 2006, 01:47:07 AM
I don't know if I'm speaking for myself here, or not.  I for one, like the new uniform.  It gives members who do not meet the weight, or grooming requirements a chance to look more USAF, and less Corprate Pilot.  I for one, am glad I do not have to wear gray pants.  :)   
I look much better in blue anyway. ;D

Based on the pic above, I think it is safe to say that I don't mind the uniform at all.  I tend to wear all the uniforms (yes, the beard comes off and on on whims) and this one isn't bad.

I'd really appreciate it if we had the requirement to wear the 1990s-era blue rank insignia with the embroidered "CAP" on it...I for one like the distinctive look that says, "I'm CAP...an auxiliary of the USAF: not the USAF."

And I'm a proud USAF vet so, don't think me anti-USAF.

-msmjr2003

PS - And by the way, there's proof above that even a few of us field-grade senior members can run 4 miles a day and keep the "dunlap" disease in check (at least it's working for me, thus far!)  Nothing wrong with being overweight if that is one's druthers but...far too many folks think the CAP distinctive uniforms are only for those seniors that can't meet the standards.  Some of us can meet the standards as quick as a shave!

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: MIKE on April 02, 2006, 01:52:44 AM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 01, 2006, 06:33:45 PM

No encampment ribbon Lt ?

Had one with a bronze clasp first time around when I was a senior from 1985-88 (carried over from WIWAC), but unfortunately my old records went -POOF!- after a 17-year break in membership. So I gotta start over (unless Georgia Wing keeps cadet encampment records that far back). :(
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: msmjr2003 on April 02, 2006, 02:00:23 AM
I'd really appreciate it if we had the requirement to wear the 1990s-era blue rank insignia with the embroidered "CAP" on it...I for one like the distinctive look that says, "I'm CAP...an auxiliary of the USAF: not the USAF."

I wouldn't be surprised if USAF makes us go back to those old blue epaulets with CAP on them, once the general USAF population finishes having their conniption fit of titanic proportions.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Eclipse on April 02, 2006, 01:58:25 AM
I'm a little confused by that rack myself, though as a Senior you're only supposed to wear the encampment ribbon if you were on staff.

Seems a little light for a Cadet Major, who's now a 1lt.

A 17-year break in membership will do that to you...  ;D Once had SLS and CLC, as well as a tech rating, unfortunately my records were lost. No proof, no pudding.  ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SFox167

I meant no offense to anyone that is overweight, or that is perfectly fit.  I'm just stating that I like the newer  style.  8)
Steven Fox

Lamh Dearg

OFF TOPIC - SM Fox - sorry to call you out on this, but you may want to change your sig to IL Wing (not 61st Wing), & Fox Valley Composite Squadron (not 274th)

arajca

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 02, 2006, 02:06:24 AM
Quote from: msmjr2003 on April 02, 2006, 02:00:23 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if USAF makes us go back to those old blue epaulets with CAP on them, once the general USAF population finishes having their conniption fit of titanic proportions.
If they do, it'll still be an improvement.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Lamh Dearg on April 02, 2006, 04:59:49 AM
OFF TOPIC - SM Fox - sorry to call you out on this, but you may want to change your sig to IL Wing (not 61st Wing), & Fox Valley Composite Squadron (not 274th)

Not to gang up on you further, but likewise, you should change 'U.S. Air Force Auxiliary' to 'CAP' or 'Civil Air Patrol'. While we are the U.S. Air Force's Auxiliary, the Air Force and CAP brass prefers that we use our corporate name. (Not too long ago, the Texas wing king put out a policy letter cracking down on more than a few who put 'USAF Aux' instead of 'CAP' in their signature lines on official correspondence.)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SFox167

OFF TOPIC- Thank you for the useful info.  I'm new at this being a SM since Feb. of this year.  Last time I was in CAP was from 96-98.  I will make the changes, and will keep in mind if I ever need to send letters on CAP business.  Thank's Again   :D
Steven Fox

Eclipse

In the new duds, note lighter color of nametag...

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: msmjr2003 on April 02, 2006, 12:34:54 AM

See attached.

Major, aren't you supposed to wear a v-neck with an open collar?  I only noticed it when I was zooming to see your nametag.

"That Others May Zoom"

Monty

Quote from: Eclipse on April 05, 2006, 06:06:16 AM

See attached.

Major, aren't you supposed to wear a v-neck with an open collar?  I only noticed it when I was zooming to see your nametag.

Certainly in the service uniform...but methinks not so in the aviator styles.

Have a peek and if I'm mistaken, I'll eat crow.  Otherwise, you can have my slice!  :)

Take care,
-msmjr2003

shorning

Quote from: msmjr2003 on April 05, 2006, 06:53:32 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 05, 2006, 06:06:16 AM

See attached.

Certainly in the Service Uniform...but methinks not so in the aviator.  Have a peek and if I'm mistaken, I'll eat crow.  Otherwise, we're all the wiser.

Actually, I'm under the same impression.  I haven't seen it specified for corporate uniforms, but then I really haven't looked recently. 

On the other hand, I really don't like the new uniform.  It's that image that makes me reconsider my membership.  YMMV...