Main Menu

The Coin Thread

Started by Stonewall, August 30, 2007, 05:08:47 AM

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on February 07, 2008, 05:10:16 PM
You know, Air Force Enlisted Forums has their own coin.  You get it for donating to help support the site.

A CAP Talk coin would be cool, no?

Suuuuure.  You funding it?  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

ddelaney103

Coins have become very popular in geocaching.  I saw someone showing off "coins" (though many  are oddly shaped) they collected from caches.

Eclipse

Mine front and back (scanner is definitely not the best way to photograph these).

The top group are coins I "earned" (i.e. was directly affiliated with the activity or group), the bottom ones were presented as gifts, or "in kind" tokens from other agencies (usually returning one of mine).

Here's a hi-res link if you want to see the detail:
http://group22.net/files/other/coins_feb_2008.jpg

I've posted my coin rack here before, but this seems an appropriate place, too:

The vendor we use for coins can do beautiful work from a sketch on a napkin, and turns them around in about a month, for $185 complete w/ shipping in lots of 50.

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

My NYWG Encampment coin:

This one is from the first run of coins that we did.  Subsequent orders omitted the epoxy finish, so they don't have the smooth surface anymore.

I have a couple more coins that I got from work, but I don't have pictures of them.

Challenge coins are cool.

Mac

Quote from: Eclipse on September 01, 2007, 03:12:12 AM
The coin Pacemaker and I worked on a while back is the large chrome one on the left.  My understanding was it was a limited run - I got two, and gave one as a gift to someone busting butt for me.

My suggestion would be to design your own and have them made. 5 of the coins you see were done
at incirlik coin.  50=$185 shipped, no charge for the art.  Takes about 30 days.

It's been a long time since I have been on here and saw this thread.

I still have a lot of the original 50 coins I got from the first run dcpacemaker did that a bunch of us help finance. The ones I have are Shiny Silver and then some shiny brass with silver GT badge on the back.

If anyone is still interested in getting one of these send me a PM and I will get the price for you.

* I have attached two pics, one shows the two tone coin the other shows a misty silver coin, but mine are shiny silver.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Stonewall

Can't see it in my rack of coins in the first post, but you can bet I've got mine....

Serving since 1987.

davedove

Quote from: Stonewall on February 07, 2008, 07:59:09 PM
Can't see it in my rack of coins in the first post, but you can bet I've got mine....

That's a pretty sweet coin.  I wouldn't mind one of those. 8)
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Mac

I only have 2 of the 2 tones left, then I have 30 of the shiny silver. And I do check quals in e-services.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

davedove

Quote from: Nukem on February 07, 2008, 08:03:57 PM
I only have 2 of the 2 tones left, then I have 30 of the shiny silver. And I do check quals in e-services.

Well, I am a qualified GTM-1 and UDF, plus I am about to start my GTL training. ;)
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Mac

Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Mac

**UPDATE** I only have the Shiny silver left.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

Pace

I see my coins have become popular again.  The very few I have left at not for sale.  I'm only giving them out to people I think have earned them.

Derk, if you have any of the two-tone coins left that you're willing to part with, name your price and I'll be glad to take them (it was my favorite out of all the variants and it's the one I carry).

I've been asked by two people if I'm ever going to make another batch (of the regular shiny silver).  The answer for right now is no, but that could change if there is enough demand.  I'm not personally able to afford to contribute to another batch, and one of those interested isn't willing to chip in for a 50 coin batch.

Even if more are produced, I would prefer to limit it to only the shiny silver so that the value of the variant versions that have been presented to deserving members isn't diminished.

If I had access to a camera, I'd post the ones I've been presented.  The only ones that are noteworthy are from Maj Gen Dwight Wheless and (former) Maj Gen Antonio Pineda.  I've started something here.  Now I just need to find a way to keep the tradition up by getting the coin of the next CAP/CC.

[FAA is here.  I'm bailing.  I'll edit this post later...]

Ok.. I'm back and safe from the Feds.

Like Stonewall, I would prefer to be able to bite the cost of production and present each coin the way they are meant to be presented.  That's why I'm pretty set that I'm not going to chip in for another batch until I graduate nursing school and can eat the cost of the coins.
Lt Col, CAP

mikeylikey

So that means what??  Can't get one if not qualified.  Nice
What's up monkeys?

Pace

Quote from: mikeylikey on February 08, 2008, 12:38:56 AM

So that means what??  Can't get one if not qualified.  Nice
That's exactly what it means.  One of the ground rules I tried to make was that only those qualified in CAP Ground Search and Rescue should get their hands on this coin (as far as buying to make up for the initial cost).  If you award them, that's your business who you award them to.
Lt Col, CAP

Pace

Quote from: dcpacemaker on February 07, 2008, 11:13:24 PM
Derk, if you have any of the two-tone coins left that you're willing to part with, name your price and I'll be glad to take them (it was my favorite out of all the variants and it's the one I carry).
I need to learn to read, especially when my question is answered by the post directly above it...
Lt Col, CAP

SSgt Rudin

I am working on ordering these:

They would only be for sale to Senior Members to be awarded. I may consider selling them to C/Officers too, not sure yet.
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

pixelwonk

"No one is more professional than I?"

pretentious much?  :D

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: tedda on February 08, 2008, 05:31:17 AM
"No one is more professional than I?"

pretentious much?  :D

First sentence of the NCO's creed.

QuoteNo one is more professional than I. I am a
Noncommissioned Officer: a leader of people. I am proud
of the Noncommissioned Office corps and will, at all times,
conduct myself so as to bring credit upon it. I will not use
my grade or position to attain profit or safety.

Competence is my watchword. I will strive to remain
tactically and technically proficient. I will always be
aware of my role as a Noncommissioned Officer. I will
fulfill my responsibilities and display professionalism at all
times. I will strive to know my people and use their skills to
the maximum degree possible. I will always place their
needs above my own and will communicate with my
supervisor and my people and never leave them uniformed.

I will exert every effort and risk any ridicule to
successfully accomplish my assigned duties. I will not look
at a person and see any race, creed, color, religion, sex,
age, or national origin, for I will only see the person; nor
will I ever show prejudice or bias. I will lead by example
and will resort to disciplinary action only when necessary.
I will carry out the orders of my superiors to the best of
ability and will always obey the decisions of my superiors.

I will give all officers my maximum support to ensure
mission accomplishments. I will earn their respect, obey
their orders, and establish a high degree of integrity with
them. I will exercise initiative in the absence of orders
and will make decisive and accurate decisions. I will never
compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage.

I will not forget that I am a Professional, a Leader, but above all a

Noncommissioned Officer

/drift
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: SSgt Rudin on February 08, 2008, 04:37:32 AM
I am working on ordering these:

They would only be for sale to Senior Members to be awarded. I may consider selling them to C/Officers too, not sure yet.

Or this layout:

SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)