Reminder: US Flags required 01 APR 07

Started by Eclipse, March 28, 2007, 04:34:23 PM

Eclipse

(I see MIKE's sticky reminder at the top of the list, but this still seems to be escaping people's attention, so one last time):

At RST for ILWG Spring Enc 07 this last Sunday, I got way too many wide-eyes when I mentioned the flags would be required as of 01 April, which meant that everyone participating in our little party starting on the 13th would be required to have the flags on their BDUs.

Since our encampment is one of the earlier ones in the season, I have to imagine this will be an issue for a lot of summer events (we still have members in ILWG wearing wing patches on the service dress).

So, for the good of all CAP-kind, I offer this reminder:

Quote from: CAP KnowledgebaseNote: Optional patches previously worn on the right shoulder of the BDUs, field and utility uniforms that were removed to allow wear of the reverse American flag on the right shoulder are now authorized to be worn centered on the lower portion of the left pocket or corresponding position on the utility uniform. The mandatory wear date of the reverse American flag was extended to 1 April 2007.(emphasis mine)

Full article: http://tinyurl.com/2ehg2h

I know this has been discussed at length in several other threads.

I know it is a contentious issue not only because of the flag (and whether we should wear it at all), but also because of what it means for the NCSA patches, etc.)

It is what it is, and what it is (in 4 days), is required.

"That Others May Zoom"

DNall

Thanks for the reminder, but we seem to be doing pretty well on that in Texas. Only time I see it not right is when an old set gets pulled out, but honestly the need to get grade on both sides tends to get the sewing started & all that fixed.

I don't see many wg patches on blues either suprisingly, that damaged the items more times than not in a non-recoverable way.

Eclipse

It should be noted that the KB article refers to "utility uniform" which of course does not use the reverse flag...

"That Others May Zoom"