Main Menu

New 39-1

Started by alexalvarez, October 24, 2013, 01:06:18 AM

Eclipse

^ Not precisely 1" x 1", which is why they get scaled weird.

Quote from: NIN on December 08, 2013, 07:37:24 PM
A 3ft piece of white butcher paper would solve your "arrow thru the head" problem.

DWB, in your entire hour there isn't one wall without a texture or pattern on it?  Why would you stand in front of a door with panels?
Those will not only show through, but the dimension will produce shadows.

Though even that is a simple enough fix.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: dwb on December 08, 2013, 07:27:02 PM
Can you get digitals? Not every unit has a scanner.

I would like the digitals.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

dwb

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2013, 07:39:07 PMThough even that is a simple enough fix.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6936/smku.jpg
Looks worse, IMO. I look like Max Headroom.

And yeah, besides the doors, I don't have any white/offwhite walls I could stand in front of where I could get the lighting right.

Quote from: NIN on December 08, 2013, 07:42:24 PM

I would like the digitals.
Dork. :)

PHall

That's interesting because every unit was supposed to get a combination fax/scanner/printer a couple of years ago from National.

dwb

I admit I could be operating on outdated information. Maybe every unit does have a scanner now.

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2013, 07:36:40 PM

Yes, and every unit has a scanner.

My Squadron doesn't have a scanner...but I'd be willing to trade a "Like New" Overhead Projector.

Eclipse

Quote from: dwb on December 08, 2013, 07:48:30 PM

No, Now you look like Max Headrorom.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: SARDOC on December 08, 2013, 07:50:15 PM
My Squadron doesn't have a scanner...but I'd be willing to trade a "Like New" Overhead Projector.

Then it's because they have issues with tracking property, or refused the issue.
("Well, if we don't take no stuff, we don't got to do no inventory..."  BTDT with some misguided units.)

Either way, it can't be used as an excuse, because they made their own problem, and there's plenty of
people in the unit with scanners, cell phone cameras, and probably a few courtroom artists.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2013, 07:55:14 PM

Then it's because they have issues with tracking property, or refused the issue.
("Well, if we don't take no stuff, we don't got to do no inventory..."  BTDT with some misguided units.)

Either way, it can't be used as an excuse, because they made their own problem, and there's plenty of
people in the unit with scanners, cell phone cameras, and probably a few courtroom artists.

Actually, we never refused Issue.  We've had two that have both been retired but never replaced with no offer for a new one.  I like to see that you think it's the unit problem and not a problem coming from somewhere else.  We would love to have one.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2013, 07:53:35 PM

And not a single cadet has any idea what this means.

Eclipse

Quote from: SARDOC on December 08, 2013, 07:58:00 PM
Actually, we never refused Issue.  We've had two that have both been retired but never replaced with no offer for a new one.  I like to see that you think it's the unit problem and not a problem coming from somewhere else.  We would love to have one.

Did you ever ask?  You can't imagine how much stuff is DRMO'ed by wings every year because it's "old" - the scanner / printer I most recently
gave up with my cold, dead fingers (new guy got my job) is still cranking strong after 10 years of heavy use, and the one I got to replace it is nearly as old.
Notebooks, printers, radios, etc.  Sitting on the shelf, until someone gets tired of looking at it.

That or ask other units for equipment they aren't using - many have several issued.

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

This is going into eServices pronto.

a2capt

Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on December 08, 2013, 07:59:47 PMAnd not a single cadet has any idea what this means.
Paranoimia and Perestroika. Both for the history books.

Eclipse

Quote from: dwb on December 08, 2013, 08:12:38 PM

This is going into eServices pronto.

You show me a bona-fide CAPID with that photo on it from NHQ and I will send you a $10 Starbucks gift card!

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on December 08, 2013, 08:15:24 PM
Quote from: Phil Hirons, Jr. on December 08, 2013, 07:59:47 PMAnd not a single cadet has any idea what this means.
Paranoimia and Perestroika. Both for the history books.

...doesn't even rhyme...

"That Others May Zoom"

dwb

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2013, 08:21:15 PMYou show me a bona-fide CAPID with that photo on it from NHQ and I will send you a $10 Starbucks gift card!
Ha! I assume my commander would not approve. Although I could buy him a cup of joe if he does... ;D

Ratatouille

Quote from: Eclipse on December 08, 2013, 07:55:14 PM

In my experience, the issued Multi-Function Copiers issues tended to be on the cheap (sub-$200) end. They can last 10 years, or they can last two, or six months, or 1,000 copies, basically a total crapshoot quality-wise. I don't recall if it came down from National, or from my Wing, but we were told that since MFC's had gotten so cheap as to be basically disposable, they would no longer be issues and would need to be purchased by the unit itself.

SARDOC's unit may have had one at some point, that crapped out and was never replaced. SARDOC's unit may have decided it would be better to spend their money on Cadet or ES activities instead of on a machine that several staffers had at home already and didn't need to have an extra of at the unit.

Remember what happens when you assume.

Eclipse

I wasn't making an assumption, I was making a point.

Your recollection matches mine, however in a world where people carry 8Mp cameras in their pocket and
everything has to be uploaded to eServices, WMIRS, next echelon, etc.,
saying "We don't have a scanner."  is a silly assertion to make about ID pics, etc.

It also on change that he are required for anyone over 18.

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

Quote from: NIN on December 08, 2013, 07:13:08 PM
Quote from: dwb on December 08, 2013, 06:40:19 PM

Dude, you totally made my point! :)

Nice arrow. I think Steve Martin had that trademarked. Your C&D letter is on its way.

Custer, did anyone else survive?   ;)

The CyBorg is destroyed

But can he do "King Tut?"

I wish we could all have professional photographers to do our mug shots photos in EServices.

Mine is awful.  It looks like it could be hanging on a bulletin board at your local post office.

I doubt very much that the new 39-1, whenever it comes out, will solve all our uniform problems, and that's not a knock on Colonel Lee and the people helping to re-do the bloody thing.  There are always going to be those who look for/find loopholes.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011