eServices announcement about ABUs

Started by Tim Medeiros, December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

Spaceman3750

Going back to the original topic for a moment...

So CAP (AF Auxiliary) isn't on the list of approved users, but JROTC is? http://www.txwgcap.org/content/news_110418.htm

Someone said something about upward-facing sunshine earlier...

Eclipse

Sorry, I'm still calling Class-3 shenanigans.

Did your Unit CC also tell you to buy the pack and kneepads?

There's nothing to see here, the OK-103 CC did not tell anyone it was OK to wear ABU's, and I still doubt this poster is really who he was saying he
was.  His email has been removed from his profile in the last hour or so.

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 16, 2012, 10:33:32 PM
Rustyjeeper, I agree with you on stating facts and sticking to guns.  If a CC did in fact say that then it's on him for the cadet wearing said uniform.  There is a time to stick to your guns and a time to retreat,  IMHO the cadet would be better advised to discuss the issue and his behavior in regards to it and retreat.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he does not act this way within his unit or towards his own SM however if and that is a big IF that this is normal for him then then the action would only add fuel to an already hot fire.

This is one situation where a public forum is not the ideal place to learn what is and is not proper. hopefully it becomes a learning experience and as a result the end product is a cadet who learns from mistakes and does not repeat them. A lot of people only know what they see and hear in their own unit and many units dont interact much with others in CAP. Captalk can be a double edged sword and can provide good information, but it can also be a place where you easily get yourself neck deep in Sh_t fast :). At this point in time, clear discussion of all the facts is the only way to go and like I mentioned before, LEARN from the entire ordeal. What is said online in a forum is not private, it is public and a small misunderstanding can quickly become a BIG problem as happened here. When Basher discovered that a mistake might have been made at the unit level, he should have shut his mouth and faded into the woodwork, hoping to be forgotten. He did not and this grew and gained attention. Now in effect this if not his own mistake is in effect his unit's "dirty laundry" aired out for all of us to see. It would have been best if he waited and discussed the discrepeancies in the regulation that he discovered here internally within his unit. I am sure that next time he will think twice. Everyone makes mistakes, the important thing is to learn from them and be able to move on and not repeat the same ones!

abdsp51

Quote from: rustyjeeper on January 16, 2012, 10:52:05 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on January 16, 2012, 10:33:32 PM
Rustyjeeper, I agree with you on stating facts and sticking to guns.  If a CC did in fact say that then it's on him for the cadet wearing said uniform.  There is a time to stick to your guns and a time to retreat,  IMHO the cadet would be better advised to discuss the issue and his behavior in regards to it and retreat.  I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he does not act this way within his unit or towards his own SM however if and that is a big IF that this is normal for him then then the action would only add fuel to an already hot fire.

This is one situation where a public forum is not the ideal place to learn what is and is not proper. hopefully it becomes a learning experience and as a result the end product is a cadet who learns from mistakes and does not repeat them. A lot of people only know what they see and hear in their own unit and many units dont interact much with others in CAP. Captalk can be a double edged sword and can provide good information, but it can also be a place where you easily get yourself neck deep in Sh_t fast :). At this point in time, clear discussion of all the facts is the only way to go and like I mentioned before, LEARN from the entire ordeal. What is said online in a forum is not private, it is public and a small misunderstanding can quickly become a BIG problem as happened here. When Basher discovered that a mistake might have been made at the unit level, he should have shut his mouth and faded into the woodwork, hoping to be forgotten. He did not and this grew and gained attention. Now in effect this if not his own mistake is in effect his unit's "dirty laundry" aired out for all of us to see. It would have been best if he waited and discussed the discrepeancies in the regulation that he discovered here internally within his unit. I am sure that next time he will think twice. Everyone makes mistakes, the important thing is to learn from them and be able to move on and not repeat the same ones!

I concour

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on January 16, 2012, 10:46:46 PM
Sorry, I'm still calling Class-3 shenanigans.

Did your Unit CC also tell you to buy the pack and kneepads?

There's nothing to see here, the OK-103 CC did not tell anyone it was OK to wear ABU's, and I still doubt this poster is really who he was saying he
was.  His email has been removed from his profile in the last hour or so.
Just let it drop.

Really.

Is this the first time that some squadron commander talked out his butt?
Is this the first time that someone "misudnerstood" something in such a way that they got what they wanted?

Instead of jumping down this guys throat......let's report this incident to the wing commander and let him handle it.
At the same time let's report CAWG and PAWG for their BS....

This get a little tiring......My first post was all that needed to be said.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

lordmonar

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 16, 2012, 10:45:24 PM

So CAP (AF Auxiliary) isn't on the list of approved users, but JROTC is? http://www.txwgcap.org/content/news_110418.htm

That was me.

BS. BS. BS. BS.

Like I said....tell me yes, tell me no, tell me to just shut up and wait.....but feed me BS and I get angery.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spaceman3750

Quote from: lordmonar on January 16, 2012, 10:56:29 PM

That was me.

BS. BS. BS. BS.

Like I said....tell me yes, tell me no, tell me to just shut up and wait.....but feed me BS and I get angery.

Today Facebook suggested that I friend Maj Gen Carr... Maybe we should friend him and ask him what the deal is >:D.

The CyBorg is destroyed

All I am going to say further is that, to use two shopworn cliches, I hope that this has been a "teachable moment" for our young friend Basher.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SARDOC

So CAP (AF Auxiliary) isn't on the list of approved users, but JROTC is?

Exactly another prime reason that the announcement from NHQ hasn't been thoroughly researched.  I think the NHQ statement is smoke and mirrors to get people to stop asking.  Instead they stirred a hornets nest.

For the JROTC ABU discussion see link below

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=11402.0

NCRblues

I have been doing some hard core research to find the exact DOD policy given to cap members over eservices, even going so far as to use several "contact us" features at different DOD level web sites and the pentagon. Surprisingly (that's sarcastic) not a single one of those I have asked can find it, and I can not seem to find it on the internet either. I have found several talking about controlling the IR and the license to produce them, but nothing to the extant that NHQ said....

Makes one wonder.....
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Spaceman3750

I'd bet we could get Propper to produce them without IR squares (assuming the ones they're selling publicly aren't already produced without them). Poof, problem solved.

AngelWings

I am considering using the new ask the commander feature why they are pumping out misinformation to us instead of giving us a straight answer. This is ridiculous, lying breaks our core value of integrity first.

NCRblues

Quote from: Littleguy on January 17, 2012, 12:09:14 AM
I am considering using the new ask the commander feature why they are pumping out misinformation to us instead of giving us a straight answer. This is ridiculous, lying breaks our core value of integrity first.

I'm sure someone will jump me for this, but I will go ahead and put out my vast right wing/left wing conspiracy theory....

I do not think NHQ went out of its way to lie to us...

What I do think happened is that someone went off half cocked and stepped in it, and now NHQ does not know how to reel it back in without certain ex members turned bloggers losing his mind over it.

I also believe that the root cause forcing someone to go off half cocked was that NHQ is caving to the "lets not make MA BLUE angry over anything crowd" and the radioman style "Abu's or anything close to active uniforms are scary crowd".

But that is just me
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

rustyjeeper

I do not feel it is appropriate to direct to the National Commander button. When the time comes for ABU's to become the uniform we will be notified.
Littleguy- the choice is yours to make. Think it thru before you act and ask yourself how important it is before you submit the query.
I feel strongly that NHQ and those with influence at NHQ check these forums regularly to keep track of what the membership is saying or thinks overall. We might not see a speedy change as a result of gripes or problems BUT I am sure that what is posted here makes it's way upstairs eventually...
Choice is yours to make, as are the possible repercussions if you are one of the 2,935,000 others who hit the Ask the National Commander button on this topic >:D The button should only be used for items of real importance in my opinion.

Extremepredjudice

Didn't anyone read my post?

He got the image off of google.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 17, 2012, 02:26:16 AM
Didn't anyone read my post?

He got the image off of google.

Hosted on Google doesn't = "found on Google".

I have to say, after seeing the full photo, at a minimum it looks legit for this cadet - even including
having the luggage tag sewn in place of the branch tape.  (Yes, people that item with the fully embroidered
edge is supposed to be a luggage tag...)

That doesn't fill in the why or how this came to be, but certainly answer the "if"....

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

What is the brown item by the right leg? Looks like a small fish to me...... :)
Could this somehow be a specially authorized uniform for cadet fishing trips 8)

Eclipse

Kneepads twisted around - certainly not something CAP would ever need, especially for a unit meeting.

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

I only saw the one, now that I look closer I see the other.
No kneepads would not be neccessary although some who spend a lot of time on their knees worshipping the bureacracy might appreciate them if authorized ;)

Spaceman3750

The wing patch looks like Wisconsin to me.