Forget about CAP getting ABUs

Started by RiverAux, September 12, 2010, 04:06:45 PM

DakRadz

Quote from: JArvey on December 10, 2010, 09:25:37 PM
oh ok, Because at the GACAC conference I am the only lieutenant besides one.
Yes, that's a long drive.

I also had a JROTC Regional Drill Meet that day, and got a trophy with my team... Priorities.

JArvey

Quote from: DakRadz on December 10, 2010, 10:50:41 PM

I also had a JROTC Regional Drill Meet that day, and got a trophy with my team... Priorities.

Oh, what squadron are you with? And congratulations on the trophy.

DakRadz

Quote from: JArvey on December 12, 2010, 01:26:57 AM
Quote from: DakRadz on December 10, 2010, 10:50:41 PM

Oh, what squadron are you with? And congratulations on the trophy.

As I said in another thread in response to the same question....

I don't have a squadron right now. Probably soon to be in OHWG due to a move. So.

AngelWings

SABRE17

QuoteGo ABU's.

considering your from my unit, with a huge trailer full of ABU's i don't know where you get the idea ABU's will be happening as long as that trailer has a single blouse in it...

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: SABRE17 on December 15, 2010, 11:51:39 PM
QuoteGo ABU's.

considering your from my unit, with a huge trailer full of ABU's i don't know where you get the idea ABU's will be happening as long as that trailer has a single blouse in it...

HUH? Why if you have a trailer full of ABUs would you not go into ABUs?

SABRE17

wow fail... not enough coffee, trailer full of BDU's 

manfredvonrichthofen

HGjunkie

Lol I couldn't understand that either.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

BradM

Quote from: DakRadz on December 02, 2010, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 02, 2010, 10:13:31 PM
Well, it IS still about uniforms and changes the AF may or may not make to such uniforms, so it hasn't wandered as much as some do!
And if these Service Dress options had been put into effect, the likely outcome is we would have phased them in. Seems that they are no longer being considered, but it was still relevant.

Why dont they just go back to this version of the Air Force uniform? Was this the version that was in the 1990s?

BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

Hawk200

Quote from: BradM on December 16, 2010, 02:46:21 AM
Why dont they just go back to this version of the Air Force uniform? Was this the version that was in the 1990s?

That was the version replaced in the '90's. It was used for decades prior. There was attempt a few years ago to replace the current uniform with something similar, but it didn't pan out.

BradM

Quote from: Hawk200 on December 16, 2010, 03:40:57 AM
Quote from: BradM on December 16, 2010, 02:46:21 AM

That was the version replaced in the '90's. It was used for decades prior. There was attempt a few years ago to replace the current uniform with something similar, but it didn't pan out.

I like this uniform better that the two heritage ones they were considering. Next would be the Hap Arnold heritage uniform, or even the 1950s uniform with the lighter shade of blue like the one Robert Mitchem wore in the move The Hunters

What is the blue shade number for this uniform?
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

AngelWings

Ahh Sgt Bowles. Its C/Ab Austin DeGregorio. Got bored and decided to find a place to talk about CAP stuff. ABU's are awesome IMO No more ironing and polishing. Some cadets in our squadron can't get the BDU's right and I think the ABU's would be a clean slate for them, since they are built for what all most everyone does, wash and wear. If anyone F's them up I'd be surprised, but I'm assured someone if CAP gets them will fail miseably.

cap235629

Quote from: Littleguy on December 16, 2010, 08:07:56 PM
Ahh Sgt Bowles. Its C/Ab Austin DeGregorio. Got bored and decided to find a place to talk about CAP stuff. ABU's are awesome IMO No more ironing and polishing. Some cadets in our squadron can't get the BDU's right and I think the ABU's would be a clean slate for them, since they are built for what all most everyone does, wash and wear. If anyone F's them up I'd be surprised, but I'm assured someone if CAP gets them will fail miseably.

??????????
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

SABRE17

QuoteAhh Sgt Bowles. Its C/Ab Austin DeGregorio. Got bored and decided to find a place to talk about CAP stuff. ABU's are awesome IMO No more ironing and polishing. Some cadets in our squadron can't get the BDU's right and I think the ABU's would be a clean slate for them, since they are built for what all most everyone does, wash and wear. If anyone F's them up I'd be surprised, but I'm assured someone if CAP gets them will fail miseably.

PM sent

a2capt

Quote from: cap235629 on December 16, 2010, 08:55:39 PM??????????
He's talking to the other person from the same unit about the trailer full of uniforms.. unfortunately the slightly immature structure and apparent lack of understanding before moving ones fingers across the keyboard is going to lend a lot of credibility to their viewpoint .. not.

AngelWings

Like I've said on other topics, I have lately been in a fog and I didn't act the way I should. Please forgive me.

HGjunkie

Quote from: Littleguy on December 17, 2010, 01:20:36 AM
Like I've said on other topics, I have lately been in a fog and I didn't act the way I should. Please forgive me.
I think we can put that behind us. Just don't do it again.  ;)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

AngelWings

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: BradM on December 16, 2010, 07:58:30 PMWhat is the blue shade number for this uniform?

Shade 84, later 1084. They are distinguished from the later shade 1549/1577/1608 uniforms by the 'Captain Kangaroo' lower pockets. (The 1549 and later service dress jackets do not have the lower pockets but kept the pocket flaps.)

The current service dress jacket shade is 1620. They did have a 1625 polyester jacket but that has since been phased out. (The trousers are still used.)

An excellent website detailing the history of the USAF uniform can be found at http://usafflagranks.com/index.html .
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040