Forget about CAP getting ABUs

Started by RiverAux, September 12, 2010, 04:06:45 PM

DogCollar

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on December 01, 2010, 05:36:00 PM
The Army has gone fully to the "ASD," the blues uniform with a dark blue four square pocket, gold trimmed epaulets, you can either wear full size medals or ribbons, and the headgear is beret or service cap. The pants are almost an Infantry blue with NCOs wearing a gold stripe down the legs and private to E-4 (E-4 team leader considered NCO) with no gold stripe.

I have not heard of USAF thinking of changing the dress uniform again.

DOD says that they ant all branches to transfer into the same field uniform, but I don't see that happening with all the money that has already gone into the uniform changes.

My son just graduated from Army BCT at Ft. Sill.  The new Army blue uniform looks very, very classy and attractive in person.
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

manfredvonrichthofen

I love the Army blues, they are the only thing that I kept from the Army.

MIKE

I thought this thread was about ABUs?
Mike Johnston

bosshawk

Like most threads on CT, it always wanders.  Guess that interest was lost on the subject of ABUs.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

JohnKachenmeister

Well, it IS still about uniforms and changes the AF may or may not make to such uniforms, so it hasn't wandered as much as some do!
Another former CAP officer

DakRadz

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 02, 2010, 10:13:31 PM
Well, it IS still about uniforms and changes the AF may or may not make to such uniforms, so it hasn't wandered as much as some do!
And if these Service Dress options had been put into effect, the likely outcome is we would have phased them in. Seems that they are no longer being considered, but it was still relevant.

JArvey

Quote from: HGjunkie on September 12, 2010, 04:48:12 PM
Quote from: DBlair on September 12, 2010, 04:26:58 PM
BDUs are already getting scarce, if we are going to wear them for another 5 years, where are we going to find them?
Propper, Ebay, Army Navy stores, and other places. I can get a new set of BDUs easily through Propper, Army Navy stores either order new ones or sell surplus.

Propper BDU Blouse

Propper BDU Trousers

Barre Army Navy BDUs

Edit- added links
there are only a few BDUs in the army navy store at the moment, and nobody wants to order bdu's because that would cost almost twice the amount for a new set of ABUs in the army navy store.... and does anybody know if CAC has said anything about the ABU's?

DakRadz

CAC doesn't determine anything when it comes to uniforms. Or any regulation, for that matter.

CAC provides the adults with insight into our views and ideas for the cadet program.

We have no authority to authorize things.

Source: C/2d Lt, Primary CAC Rep. GAWG CAC.

ABUs are not allowed for CAP wear. Likely they will not be for some years. Buy the BDUs, because ABUs are far in the future for us.

Hawk200

Quote from: JArvey on December 08, 2010, 12:49:31 AM...nobody wants to order bdu's because that would cost almost twice the amount for a new set of ABUs in the army navy store
Not sure where you're shopping, but that's a fail. ABUs are more expensive than BDUs, easily anywhere from five to twenty bucks per piece.

Quote from: JArvey on December 08, 2010, 12:49:31 AM
.... and does anybody know if CAC has said anything about the ABU's?
If you're talking Cadet Advisory Council, it doesn't matter what they say. Not up to them.

JArvey

Quote from: DakRadz on December 08, 2010, 12:55:40 AM
CAC doesn't determine anything when it comes to uniforms. Or any regulation, for that matter.

CAC provides the adults with insight into our views and ideas for the cadet program.

ABUs are not allowed for CAP wear. Likely they will not be for some years. Buy the BDUs, because ABUs are far in the future for us.

First of all Wing CAC does not determine any regs. Only NCAC does (look at their website) and what Lt.? Becuase I am a C/2nd Lt. primary CAC rep in GAWG.

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

Eclipse

Quote from: JArvey on December 10, 2010, 09:06:47 PM
First of all Wing CAC does not determine any regs. Only NCAC does (look at their website)

NCAC doesn't "authorize" anything.

CAC has zero authority regardless of echelon, thus the "A".

"That Others May Zoom"

DakRadz

^^^^^^^^Thank you, Eclipse, my good sir! ^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote from: JArvey on December 10, 2010, 09:06:47 PM
Quote from: DakRadz on December 08, 2010, 12:55:40 AM

First of all Wing CAC does not determine any regs. Only NCAC does (look at their website) and what Lt.? Becuase I am a C/2nd Lt. primary CAC rep in GAWG.
Me, as to the source. I'm a primary rep.

NCAC does not determine regs either. Anyone believing they do is misinformed. We are cadets- we do not determine governance or regs.

JArvey

Cant the NCAC change some regs? I thought that until I read the NCAC website.

DakRadz

Quote from: JArvey on December 10, 2010, 09:14:15 PM

No.

Eclipse

No.  The only bodies which can make any regulatory changes are the NEC and the BOG.

"That Others May Zoom"

JArvey

My apologies. And DakRadz what squadron are you from?

ßτε

Quote from: Eclipse on December 10, 2010, 09:16:30 PM

No.  The only bodies which can make any regulatory changes are the NEC and the BOG.
... and the NB.

DakRadz

Quote from: JArvey on December 10, 2010, 09:18:08 PM
My apologies. And DakRadz what squadron are you from?

Dunno. Pretty sure I'm about to be OHWG. Not very active right now unfortunately.

JArvey

oh ok, Because at the GACAC conference I am the only lieutenant besides one.