Main Menu

DFLCS at Sportsman's Guide

Started by CFToaster, June 10, 2020, 12:11:44 PM

Shuman 14

As a side note, I still wear LBE to this day. As senior staff officer, all I get is a pistol; so two canteens, a pistol ammo pouch, first aid pouch and my holster is all I really need. I still carry a woodland poncho on the belt and an emergency flasher/strobe too. The olive drab blends well with the OCP pattern as well.

Body armor when needed fits over it without issue but for garrison field work, the LBE still works fine. Yes I'm old school. Still carry a GI whistle and Ranger beads in the field too.

As pointed out cheap and reliable. I have box full of the new field gear in ACU pattern that I never opened. It will be years befor the USAR sees the same gear in OCP pattern, hopefully I'll be retired by then.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

GroundHawg

Quote from: shuman14 on July 13, 2020, 02:23:12 PMAs a side note, I still wear LBE to this day. As senior staff officer, all I get is a pistol; so two canteens, a pistol ammo pouch, first aid pouch and my holster is all I really need. I still carry a woodland poncho on the belt and an emergency flasher/strobe too. The olive drab blends well with the OCP pattern as well.

Body armor when needed fits over it without issue but for garrison field work, the LBE still works fine. Yes I'm old school. Still carry a GI whistle and Ranger beads in the field too.

As pointed out cheap and reliable. I have box full of the new field gear in ACU pattern that I never opened. It will be years befor the USAR sees the same gear in OCP pattern, hopefully I'll be retired by then.

Gotta get those birds first...

Shuman 14

Quote from: GroundHawg on July 14, 2020, 11:49:10 AMGotta get those birds first...

That is highly unlikely. I'm currently undergoing cancer treatments for sarcoma of the abdomen. When everything is said and done, I'll most likely be forced to medically retire at the end of it.

Also my MRD is creeping up on me and it's unlikely I would be able to complete the needed requirements (i.e. the Advanced Operations Course and a Battalion Command) with my medical issues going on at the same time before I reach MRD.

It's been a good ride, but it's almost at an end.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

CFToaster

Quote from: usaf_defender on June 21, 2020, 01:15:11 PMIf you guys don't mind me asking, why is anyone wearing an LBE?

I like the modularity. I can fit my 24 hour kit in my LBE, and strap on my backpack with my 72 hour kit without having to unpack/repack anything. I also like that I don't have to take off my LBE to mount or dismount from a vehicle, like I would with a backpack. Finally, I like that I can access everything without taking it off, once again, unlike a backpack.

A backpack is definitely a solid option for 24 hour gear, but my personal preference is LBE.