Main Menu

National Conference

Started by lordmonar, August 12, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: lordmonar on August 16, 2014, 01:45:08 AM
Lots of good stuff going on.  Great brief from the NUC about the last 39-1 and the changes coming.  Nothing earth shaking just good staff work.  CAPTALK was mentioned both positively and negatively.

What were some examples of CT mentioned both positively and negatively?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Chappie

Quote from: lordmonar on August 14, 2014, 03:58:17 AM
So....back to the National Board.

Met some CAP talkers.   

Had the second session of Air Crew Survival.

Mary Feik is here now.  Met Chief Todd.  There seems to be 5 of us CAP NCOs here now.

Opening reception is tomorrow.   

I'm working the front desk coordinating the cadets working the conference.   Drop buy and say hi!

Shout outs to Tim Medeiros, Prodigal Jim, a2Capt!

Missed meeting you Pat.... Met Tim and Chuck.  Glad to be going home...I only had 1 15-20 minute segment where I had a little down time.  I had meetings up the wazoo.  Lunches and dinners were always some kind of working times.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

lordmonar

Want to make a report about uniforms at the national conference. For the most part not a lot of gross violations.  Same old stuff. Badges in the wrong place military badges on the gray and whites. But not a lot of overweight people in blues (but there were some).
The most violations were on banquet night.  We had seniors in semi formal we had state wards on mess dress we had cadets an seniors in all levels of uniforms. But all in all we looked pretty good. 
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

We should weightwait and let the Flicker Pool speak to that.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: Eclipse on August 20, 2014, 01:08:26 AM

What, wait for them to weigh in?
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 20, 2014, 01:33:03 AM

What, wait for them to weigh in?

It will be interesting to see how "heavy" things were in Vegas...

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

So....you are basically saying my on the spot observations are worthless.

Thanks

capmaj

Pat

So what we're your gut reactions to what you were hearing.... not just in the meetings but also in the equally (if not more) important, lounge and hallways meetings?

More of the same.... chance for change... blend of both? Any thoughts?

A.Member

After 6 pages we have approx. 2 reports (1 here from lordmonar and another thread) from the 4 day conference.  That probably speaks volumes for the effectiveness and value (or lack thereof) of the event.  Anecdotal first hand accounts I've heard also seem to support this.  Vegas just might not be the right venue for organization, although I'm sure it boosted attendance.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Garibaldi

Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2014, 08:42:25 AM
So....you are basically saying my on the spot observations are worthless.

Thanks

Yo yo yo...fa dose uv us dat wernt dere, we needs da foto prufe, yo.  >:D

Garibaldi

Quote from: A.Member on August 20, 2014, 01:30:53 PM
After 6 pages we have approx 2 reports (1 here from lordmanor another thread) from the 4 day conference.  That probably speaks volumes for the effectiveness and value of the event.  Anecdotal first hand accounts I've heard seem to support that view.  Vegas just might not be the right venue for organization, although I'm sure it boosted attendance.

Lordmanor? *snicker*

Well, he *is* the lord of all he surveys...

MSG Mac

.  Vegas just might not be the right venue for organization, although I'm sure it boosted attendance.

Next year we invade Disney World
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Garibaldi

Quote from: MSG Mac on August 20, 2014, 01:40:39 PM
.  Vegas just might not be the right venue for organization, although I'm sure it boosted attendance.

Next year we invade Disney World

I can just see the AAR on THAT one...

Me: In 2015 while heading to the National Conference, I commandeered an M-60 tank without the permission of my immediate superiors. I then attempted to invade Orlando. However, en route I stopped off at Disneyland, and was subsequently apprehended on Space Mountain.

Arresting Officer: Do you have any explanation as to why you might have done this?

Me: Well sir, at the time, I was suffering from serious emotional problems that had clearly affected my judgement. I had immersed myself in a fantasy world of my own creation, regarding ABUs and the new PD program, and as a result I became very insular and uncommunicative.

Arresting Officer: Why do you think that was?

Me: [Shrugs] I'unno.

lordmonar

Quote from: capmaj on August 20, 2014, 12:34:02 PM
Pat

So what we're your gut reactions to what you were hearing.... not just in the meetings but also in the equally (if not more) important, lounge and hallways meetings?

Positive change, where change was needed.  Lots of people were complaining about 35-5......and a lot of NHQ types were actively listening and taking notes on those conversations.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

JeffDG

Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2014, 03:55:16 PM
Quote from: capmaj on August 20, 2014, 12:34:02 PM
Pat

Positive change, where change was needed.  Lots of people were complaining about 35-5......and a lot of NHQ types were actively listening and taking notes on those conversations.

Perhaps they might consider publishing regulations in "DRAFT" for comment again...nah, no need for that.

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2014, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 20, 2014, 04:10:46 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 20, 2014, 03:55:16 PM
Positive change, where change was needed.

Such as?
You may have to wait for the pictures.

Fair enough.  Members from my wing came back specifically complaining about the state of uniform wear during the conference, thus my previous comment.

"Positive change" is rhetoric.

So far, there has been an org chart that doesn't mean much outside NHQ.

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

I heard the phrase self licking ice cream cone used... 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."