Main Menu

NSC 2009

Started by dwb, April 22, 2009, 01:10:29 PM

jimmydeanno

I purchased my ticket.  However, I am NOT flying into MGM.  I got a round trip ticket from BOS to ATL for $87.00.  I can rent a car for the entire week and fly to and from for less than a ticket into MGM.  I don't mind the 2.5 hour drive, plus...I'll have a car for the week :-P

When I was on staff at E-Tech a few years back, I made the ATL to MGM trip 3 times on arrival day.  What a pain that was...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Strick

Just for FYI : Got notification via email that lodging will be free!!!!!!!!!  The Air Force is allowing us to stay in the OTS dorm.  Room mates will be assigned if you dont pick one by 0CT 1.   
[darn]atio memoriae

RickFranz

I guess I'll be seeing some of you there...  Look me up.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

CAPSGT

*BUMP*

1 day until the start of NSC 2009!  Can't wait.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Fifinella

Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

jimmydeanno

Suppose I should pack...see y'all tomorrow!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Strick

I got to pack...........see yall there
[darn]atio memoriae

AlphaSigOU

You guys have fun at 'Super Maggot School' in 'Mun-gummery'! ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

jimmydeanno

So far I've met everyone in this thread abd quite a few lurkers.  Nothing but professionals, all of them.

MSG Mac

I saw the National Press release about the NSC somebody had better tell them that COL Jake Jacobs USAF is really COL Jake Jacobs US Army.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

jimmydeanno

NSC is complete.  I have now finished Level V!  WOOT!

brasda91

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 24, 2009, 06:17:10 PM
NSC is complete.  I have now finished Level V!  WOOT!

How much did lodging cost after all was said and done?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Fifinella

^^ $10 for sheets and towels.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

brasda91

Quote from: Fifinella on October 24, 2009, 06:33:00 PM
^^ $10 for sheets and towels.

That's it?  That is cheaper than my RSC this year.  So the talk about the rooms being $28 -$39 was blown out of portion?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

jimmydeanno

Initially, the lodging was going to be in the base hotel and was not going to be "free."  The expected rate was ~35-40/night.

however, last minute they found some accommodations at the Squadron Officer School dorms - for free.  We only had to put a $50.00 deposit on our room key (in case it was lost) and pay $10.00 for sheets and towels.

So it could have been more, we were expecting to pay more until about a week prior to the event.

brasda91

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 24, 2009, 06:47:27 PM
Initially, the lodging was going to be in the base hotel and was not going to be "free."  The expected rate was ~35-40/night.

however, last minute they found some accommodations at the Squadron Officer School dorms - for free.  We only had to put a $50.00 deposit on our room key (in case it was lost) and pay $10.00 for sheets and towels.

So it could have been more, we were expecting to pay more until about a week prior to the event.

Sweet!  Myself, my Chaplain and a fellow Sqd Cmndr are planning on attending next year.  The estimated cost for lodging was really disheartening.  I hope they can work the same accomidations next year.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brenaud

Quote from: brasda91 on October 24, 2009, 06:51:31 PM

Sweet!  Myself, my Chaplain and a fellow Sqd Cmndr are planning on attending next year.  The estimated cost for lodging was really disheartening.  I hope they can work the same accomidations next year.

I highly recommend it.  Especially if they are able to arrange the same lodging for next year.  We didn't have wireless access in the dorm, but you can't really complain considering the price!

And now I'm like you jd...need to scan a couple of participation letters & send in the CAPF24.
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

Cecil DP

Time for me to go again for the third time  (86, 95). Once a decade should do it.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Fifinella

however, last minute they found some accommodations at the Squadron Officer School dorms - for free.

Minor correction - OTS dorms.  Can't complain for the price.  Very convenient location.  How long since *you* slept in bunk beds? :)
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

CAPSGT

well, for me it's been less than 24 hours since I slept in a bunk bed  ;D  Sure will be nice to sleep in my full sized bed tonight.

It was an absolute blast meeting and working with everyone this week.  Now we just need to get some pictures up.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron