Main Menu

NSC 2009

Started by dwb, April 22, 2009, 01:10:29 PM

dwb

My application was sent to NHQ last week.  Next up: trying to convince my employer to pay for it as a professional development expense.  :-\

genejackson

My application is in and the VAWG/CC told me he approved it.  I have permission to fly C-17 in one of our G1000 aircraft from MER to Maxwell.   I'm looking for another who would like to share the C-17 costs down and back.    From my base in Danville Va, it flight plans out to approximately 3.5 hrs one way and we can land right on Maxwell's runway.

email directly to me if you're in MER and want to talk about sharing a ride:  gjackson@gamewood.net

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

Chappie

Quote from: Spike on April 22, 2009, 03:41:50 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 22, 2009, 02:46:33 PM
I hope it will be good, I hear many good things about it.

It is the best Senior Member Activity CAP has to offer.

Make some contacts, because you never know when it will benefit you.

Also get a chance to go to the Montgomery Brewing Co.  It is a restaurant that brews their own beer. The beer is fantastic, and they have live music most nights.  The usual guests are between 35 and 65, so it fits our age group perfectly!!  The "Brew Pub" as it is known locally has ads on base, or ask the BOQ desk.

That is where Seminar 5 had dinner the first evening of the '08 NSC.    It is located downtown -- so you get a feel of the local community.  Not a "franchise" by any means.
Food is great and cost is reasonable.  Great place to hang out.

http://www.montgomerybrewpub.com/

Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Strick

Does any person know how much lodging runs a night at NSC?
[darn]atio memoriae

RickFranz

The email I received yesterday stated lodging would be betwee $28.00 to $35.00 a night.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Strick

Rick, thanks for the info.....  I applied yesterday and just need the wing cc to sign off.   Going to have to start looking for a flight  from NY to AL.  I wish I still lived in FL because I would just drive up.
[darn]atio memoriae

Strick

Just for FYI, I called the Unviersity Inn at Maxewell AFB and the service desk stated that as of 1 OCT the room fee wil be 39.00 per night.  It sucks because I was told it would cost me 28.00 per night.   I guess I wont be going now! :(   
[darn]atio memoriae

dwb

I had to rescind my application, I just can't swing the coin to get down there and spend a week in lodging.  :-[

I'll go when I get another free ticket on United.

Strick

That sucks DWB.......  These are hard times for people and CAP can get very expensive.   With the right type of budget I still might get to go.   The issue right now to get to go is to find a cheaper plane ticket.   If I can find the ticket for under $250.. Then IT MIGHT HAPPEM :) .     
[darn]atio memoriae

jimmydeanno

D'Oh...the average age for the school just went WAY up...  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

CAPSGT

Well, I'm still planning to go, so I'll help to drag the average age down. 
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Strick

What age do you think the youngest memeber might be? , I was the youngest at the RSC  ;D
[darn]atio memoriae

jimmydeanno

Yeah, I was the youngest at my RSC, I was 25 at the time.  I'm just waiting for my confirmation for NSC and I'm 27.  Not sure about CAPSGT, but he's one of the younger guys, I think...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Camas

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 01, 2009, 06:30:43 PM
D'Oh...the average age for the school just went WAY up...  >:D
Quote from: Strick on September 01, 2009, 05:26:46 PM
I guess I wont be going now!   

I'll help keep the age average down as I won't be going either. Had to buy some tires for my beater of a car plus a trip to Illinois to see family earlier this summer.

Strick

Thank GOD, I will not be the youngest if I go  :clap: , I am 29.   
[darn]atio memoriae

keystone102

When I went to NSC in 1976 I was a 19 year old Warrant Officer. Any 18 year olds NSC graduates out there? Obviously the requirements for attending have changed since then.

Fifinella

I am planning to go if my promotion is approved in time.  And I will have my POV.  As far as my age...a lady never tells.  ;)
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

jimmydeanno

Alright, just got my acceptance e-mail today.  Look out Alabama! Here I Come!

ROLL TIDE!

CAPSGT

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 01, 2009, 07:29:49 PM
Yeah, I was the youngest at my RSC, I was 25 at the time.  I'm just waiting for my confirmation for NSC and I'm 27.  Not sure about CAPSGT, but he's one of the younger guys, I think...

Yeah, I've got you beat for potentially being the youngest student there.  I'm 26.  I was a few days shy of 25 when I went to RSC and was the youngest student there.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Strick

Ok folks, here I come.......  just purchased the plane ticket.  I figure that the cost increase in the lodging isn't going to get any cheaper in the coming years so I guess I will go now.  looks like my birth day present to myself this year is the NSC :D.
[darn]atio memoriae