from cadet to Senior Officer(member)

Started by Dutchboy, March 06, 2008, 02:51:16 AM

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: georgia_maverick on May 13, 2008, 10:46:44 AM
:) I apologize for using a poor sense of judgment in my original post.  It was not my intention to cause controversy.  I was only attempting to blow some steam and in the process I stuck my foot in my mouth.  As I have stated before I will respect the rules and regulations set out by CAP.  I recognize that I cannot, nor will I ever, put a rank on that I have not rightfully earned.  I have waited eight years to rejoin the program and I can wait a little longer to reach this achievement.  I apologize to anyone that I may have offended. 

No offense taken... now go and sin no more!  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Eagle400

Quote from: DeputyDog on May 11, 2008, 06:34:18 AMSo am I. It is possible to do both. Three of the five senior members that are under 30 in my squadron are full time college students. Why is that stopping you?

[Sigh]

I am very tired of hearing this [farg]ing argument.  Allow me to end it for you: 

I am not you, and you are not me.

End of discussion.

Eagle400

Quote from: JThemann on May 11, 2008, 05:59:07 PM
This reminds me of that scene from The Big Lebowski where Walter argues with the waitress about his first amendment rights in a diner.

Uhh... apples and oranges.

CAP is not a diner.  That's all the info you need.

JayT

Quote from: CCSE on May 14, 2008, 09:28:37 PM
Quote from: JThemann on May 11, 2008, 05:59:07 PM
This reminds me of that scene from The Big Lebowski where Walter argues with the waitress about his first amendment rights in a diner.

Uhh... apples and oranges.

CAP is not a diner.  That's all the info you need.

Was that an attempt at wit?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Eagle400

Jimbo

Quote from: arajca on March 14, 2008, 05:16:36 PM
The easiest way to avoid confusion as to whether or not to wear an award is: Do you have documentation to justify it?

As a former cadet, I wear the Earhart, since I have a copy of the CAPNews listing from National. I do not wear three clasps on my encampment ribbon, DR w/o V, or CAC, since I cannot document them.

All encampments are posted to eServices... you can't document all of your encampment attendances via eServices?  All of my six are posted there, both as a Cadet and as a Senior...
James Keohane, Lt Col, CAP (Maj, USAFR)
Wing Director of Cadet Programs
Chief of Curriculum/Chief Instructor, Cadet Officer School
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Units: VA-001, VA-025, TX-023, MA-015, MA-070, MA-032
Billy Mitchell (#49097); Amelia Earhart (#12098); Gen Ira C Eaker (#1239)

mikeylikey

^ Mine were never posted on Services.  Good thing I kept a "me book".  I have faxed sooooo many forms, and certificates to NHQ to update my records it is ridiculous!  Mostly PAWG Admin Officers fault.  (the woman is 90, has been doing the job for 50 years, is not computer savy, and keeps all wing files in her basement, even though PAWG has a decent Wing HQ). 
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

Quote from: Jimbo on May 28, 2008, 07:00:32 AM
The easiest way to avoid confusion as to whether or not to wear an award is: Do you have documentation to justify it?

As a former cadet, I wear the Earhart, since I have a copy of the CAPNews listing from National. I do not wear three clasps on my encampment ribbon, DR w/o V, or CAC, since I cannot document them.

All encampments are posted to eServices... you can't document all of your encampment attendances via eServices?  All of my six are posted there, both as a Cadet and as a Senior...

It also depends on how long ago you attended encampment. They managed to have my Mitchell left over from some olde records after my broken service, but neither one of my encampments. It emailed scans of my certificates, and they now show up.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Quote from: Jimbo on May 28, 2008, 07:00:32 AM

All of mine predate Eservices. I had a 13 year break in service and my records got lost along the way...

Cecil DP

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 28, 2008, 04:40:50 PM
^ Mine were never posted on Services.  Good thing I kept a "me book".  I have faxed sooooo many forms, and certificates to NHQ to update my records it is ridiculous!  Mostly PAWG Admin Officers fault.  (the woman is 90, has been doing the job for 50 years, is not computer savy, and keeps all wing files in her basement, even though PAWG has a decent Wing HQ). 

The Liason Officer( or his current incarnation) is responsible for certifying and sending the encampment forms to National.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Cecil DP

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 28, 2008, 04:40:50 PM
The State Director Formerly the AF Liason Officer should have been the one to send it in.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

RiverAux

Why would this be a SD responsibility?  Seems like it is a purely internal CAP matter. 

mikeylikey

^ It is.  All we need is his Signature on the form certifying our training goals as perscribed by CAP Regulation were met.  I know NJWG-PAWG SD, usually shows up the last day of Enc, signs the form which is waiting for him, then its up to the Enc Commander or Admin types to forward to NHQ. 
What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

Weird.  They don't have to sign of on other stuff like that, at least that I'm aware of. 

mikeylikey

Quote from: RiverAux on June 01, 2008, 05:48:31 PM
Weird.  They don't have to sign of on other stuff like that, at least that I'm aware of. 

CAP Form 20  http://level2.cap.gov/documents/u_082503130820.pdf

I thought I read you have been working Encampment for years?  Maybe I am mistaken, sorry.
What's up monkeys?

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on June 01, 2008, 05:30:45 PM
Why would this be a SD responsibility?  Seems like it is a purely internal CAP matter. 

Mikey's right - the SD is charged with approving the curriculum and completion of the activity.

Quote from: RiverAux on June 01, 2008, 05:30:45 PM
Seems like it is a purely internal CAP matter. 

An encampment is one of the few truly objective parts of becoming a cadet officer, which in turn makes one eligible for advance military grade, thus direct approval authority of CAP-USAF.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Wasn't doubting the info, just think it is a little bit odd. 

FYI, I went to encampment as a cadet about 23 years ago, but haven't been to one since.  I've got the work schedule flexibility so that I could actually go as staff and might do that at some point in the future.

lordmonar

Quote from: CCSE on May 14, 2008, 06:59:03 PM
[Sigh]

I am very tired of hearing this [farg]ing argument.  Allow me to end it for you: 

I am not you, and you are not me.

End of discussion.

It's amazing how many times and different forums this comes up.

You spend a lot of time grousing about how bad CAP is and making all sorts of suggestions....but  you do nothing to actually try to fix any of them.

If you don't like it...and don't do the simple act of joining CAP and trying to fix it....just go away!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP