Main Menu

ID Cards

Started by William K. Bolan, February 10, 2016, 01:59:06 PM

William K. Bolan

Are they gonna ever replace our cracker jack thin ID cards? Just saying, We need stronger cards. Like the material they use for the drivers licensce card.
With the same format design, of course.

FW

Nope.
BTW; they are membership cards, not ID cards. You get a new one every year, so I wouldn't worry about how thin they are. 

William K. Bolan

Chappie

From my understanding, the ID cards are produced/provided by a contracted third-party vendor.  In other words, you get what you pay for.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

THRAWN

Meh. Put it in one of those plastic ID sleeves with your 101 and forget about it.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Гугл переводчик

When I first joined,  the cards were much thicker, but they faded much easier
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

THRAWN

Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on February 10, 2016, 04:13:24 PM

When I first joined, they were thin and the personal info was printed on with a dot matrix printer.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

William K. Bolan

I mean I really don't mind the cards but I was thinking there is a need for a stronger card. But I'll take what I get

Raikkonen

Anybody ever seen a Coast Guard Auxiliary card?  I would be interested to see how they are doing theirs.  I'm in Arizona so there isn't a whole lot of Coast Guard anything here. 

William K. Bolan

Yeah...Dont think there is really anything "Coast Guard Auxiliary" out in Arizona, it's mostly desert. However, I have seen a USCG Auxiliary ID card, here is an attachment belowhttp://www.perrimarinesales.com/images/_products/marinesupplies/96_USCG_in_.jpg

See if you can click ob the link

William K. Bolan

if not search USCG Aux ID card

THRAWN

Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 10, 2016, 05:03:36 PM
Yeah...Dont think there is really anything "Coast Guard Auxiliary" out in Arizona, it's mostly desert. However, I have seen a USCG Auxiliary ID card, here is an attachment belowhttp://www.perrimarinesales.com/images/_products/marinesupplies/96_USCG_in_.jpg

That's a wallet. And from what I remember, their cards are issued by DHS and HSPD-12 compliant.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Raikkonen

Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 05:31:29 PM

That's a wallet. And from what I remember, their cards are issued by DHS and HSPD-12 compliant.

Hmmmmm.....  So they are the official aux. of the Coast Guard and they get fancy smancy ID cards...   And we are the official aux. of the Air Force and we get crap.  Me thinks there is some sorcery at work here.

Garibaldi

Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: SamuelRosinsky on February 10, 2016, 04:13:24 PM

When I first joined, they were thin and the personal info was printed on with a dot matrix printer.

Yep. A paper one that fell apart the first time I took an unscheduled swim in a creek on an FTX.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

THRAWN

Quote from: Raikkonen on February 10, 2016, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on February 10, 2016, 05:31:29 PM

Hmmmmm.....  So they are the official aux. of the Coast Guard and they get fancy smancy ID cards...   And we are the official aux. of the Air Force and we get crap.  Me thinks there is some sorcery at work here.

Nope. Check the rules. They are ALWAYS USCG Aux. We are sometimes USAF Aux and sometimes CAP corporate. There has been a lot of chatter about this. Hit the search icon above and just enter "auxiliary", open a nice bottle of something red and wrap your head around the legal nuances...
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

William K. Bolan

Ok. So yeah thats the wallet that holds the aux id card for the uscg aux. The uscg aux id card is fancier than CAP, but, We are a better organization than the uscg aux

THRAWN

Quote from: William K. Bolan on February 10, 2016, 05:49:37 PM
Ok. So yeah thats the wallet that holds the aux id card for the uscg aux. The uscg aux id card is fancier than CAP, but, We are a better organization than the uscg aux

Define "better". They do a lot in the coastal communities, especially during boating season, to maintain a good level of safety and outreach among the recreational boating community. Sure they don't have a CP, but they do have a closer relationship with their parent service, the ability to augment AD units ashore and afloat...little things...
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

William K. Bolan

Homeland Security, Disaster Recovery, SAR. Emergency support services to the USAF. Might be more dont know If I named them all

William K. Bolan

like the uscg aux, we do things year round. I forgot to mention cadet programs with the other one

THRAWN

They are a part of a DHS component, and they do a lot of DR, SAR, emergency support in the form of MSCA missions, air transport, education and training outreach and boating safety classes and they operate year round. Walk into a Coast Guard station, and I guarantee that you'll find at least one Auxie. There was a blind CAP member named Robert Dittman who was also an Auxie. Big big into commo. Used to stand radio watches and went afloat a few times with his furry companion, Harriet. Point being, which org is "better" is subjective.
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023