Main Menu

AFIADL Tests

Started by davedove, March 15, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

davedove

Once a person requests a test from AFIADL, how long does it take to get to the unit?  Also, how long may the unit hold the test until it has to be returned is the person does not take it?

I am asking because I am about ready to take the AFIADL 00013 test, but I am going on a two week vacation next month.  I plan to wait until I get back before ordering the test, but I was wondering.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

arajca

It can take up to a month for the test to reach your unit. AFIADL usually send it out within a couple days of receiving the request, but they send it to wing hq. How long it takes wing to record, figure out what unit you're in, and forward it varies.

IIRC, tests can be held for six months.

Camas

Quote from: davedoveI plan to wait until I get back before ordering the test, but I was wondering

I'd order it now; don't wait.  It can sit in your TCO's secured test file until you're ready to take it.  Follow the instructions here but maybe you already know that.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Camas on March 15, 2007, 04:27:18 PM
Quote from: davedoveI plan to wait until I get back before ordering the test, but I was wondering

I'd order it now; don't wait.  It can sit in your TCO's secured test file until you're ready to take it.  Follow the instructions here but maybe you already know that.
It can also wait for them to just even send it to your squadron.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

davedove

Based on the advice here, I went ahead and ordered the test.  Now I guess I'll see how long it takes to get to my unit.

The response message told me to contact AFIADL if the test didn't arrive at my wing TCO within 3 weeks that I should contact them.  So I guess they're not in any hurry.  As has been said, I wonder how long it will take wing to get it to my unit.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

SAR-EMT1

Unrelated:
In terms of manpower and such how big is AFIADL as an organization?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

davedove

Quote from: davedove on March 22, 2007, 11:58:47 AM
Based on the advice here, I went ahead and ordered the test.  Now I guess I'll see how long it takes to get to my unit.

Just a little update.  Saturday I got an email from the Wing PDO stating that he had the test.  He offered to administer the test himself or to make arrangements with the unit testing officer to get it to the unit.  Since I didn't have anything major happening on Sunday I went ahead and took the test.  So it looks like it took over a month between ordering the test and getting notification from wing.

As far as the test, it only took me about a half hour to take it.  Most of the questions were directly from the review questions (word for word), but a significant amount were not, so you need to know all the material.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

jimmydeanno

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on March 23, 2007, 10:10:12 AM
Unrelated:
In terms of manpower and such how big is AFIADL as an organization?

The organization isn't that large in terms of numbers of individuals, but you also have to consider that only a few of those people deal with CAP, so while there may be say 75 people that work at AFIADL, only 1 or 2 do CAP stuff.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SAR-EMT1

^ Thanks jim.
On another topic, has anyone taken the Air and Space Power Course through CADRE? Im about to finish it and wondered as to the best way to study for the test. Thanks

- edit for spelling
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

SJFedor

And speaking of, has anyone seen the new letter from Col. Hodgkins re: AFIADL PME courses? Good call on my part, I'm wondering if they're making the change because of certain allegations and/or results of investigations.  :-\

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Capt Rivera

Quote from: SJFedor on May 20, 2007, 04:29:20 AM
And speaking of, has anyone seen the new letter from Col. Hodgkins re: AFIADL PME courses? Good call on my part, I'm wondering if they're making the change because of certain allegations and/or results of investigations.  :-\

What letter? URL?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

Camas

This page has the memo from Gen Pineda.

mikeylikey

^^  That is a step in the right direction.  Now.....lets get CAP members access to other AF distance ed courses as well.
What's up monkeys?

arajca

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 20, 2007, 05:37:41 PM
^^  That is a step in the right direction.  Now.....lets get CAP members access to other AF distance ed courses as well.
CAP members can already access every AFIADL course that is not restricted. The restrictions are generally placed because of 1. security clearance issues or b. copywritted materials. The policy letter only covers the PME (Professional Military Education) courses, not the CDC (Career Development) courses, whic comprise the bulk of the AFIADL offerings.

Has anyone else taken steps to get the required advanced approvals from their SD? I am fortunate to have not one, but two USAF reservists in my unit. One is our CAP-RAP and the other is a regular member and our TCO. I have submitted the request for approval to my commander for signature and forwarding to the SD.

SJFedor

Quote from: Camas on May 20, 2007, 05:12:17 PM
This page has the memo from Gen Pineda.

This rule came from Col Hodgkins, CAP-USAF/CC, not Pineda. Pineda just echoed the same thing the good Col. wrote under his own letterhead  :P

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

davedove

Quote from: davedove on May 07, 2007, 12:45:10 PM
Quote from: davedove on March 22, 2007, 11:58:47 AM

Just a little update.  Saturday I got an email from the Wing PDO stating that he had the test.  He offered to administer the test himself or to make arrangements with the unit testing officer to get it to the unit.  Since I didn't have anything major happening on Sunday I went ahead and took the test.  So it looks like it took over a month between ordering the test and getting notification from wing.

As far as the test, it only took me about a half hour to take it.  Most of the questions were directly from the review questions (word for word), but a significant amount were not, so you need to know all the material.

Just another quick update.  I received the postcard on Saturday and I passed the test with an 86.  I have now completed all the requirements for Level II.  8)
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

cnitas

Way to go!
So when are you up for promotion?
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
MER-MD-003

davedove

Quote from: cnitas on May 21, 2007, 03:36:17 PM
Way to go!
So when are you up for promotion?

December 21.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

captrncap

Quote1. Effective 1 June 2007, CAP members enrolled in Air Force Professional Military Education
c. Under the supervision of two CAP members who have been approved in
advance by the CAP-USAF State Director

Does anyone know what the procedure is to do this?

mikeylikey

Call your SD.  Find 2 fellow members to proctor your test.  Send the SD thier CAPID, and contact info.  Setup a location, your SD will mail the test to the Wing HQ, they will send it to one of the members proctoring. 

OR......Wing HQ will now use this as an opportunity to make you go to the Wing HQ location.  If so.......[darn] this new system. 
What's up monkeys?

arajca

Have your unit admin officer type up a letter requesting the authorization and include at least three CAP officers to help make sure there are two available. Send it to your SD. I recommend including your TCO and any ATO's you have.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: captrncap on May 21, 2007, 05:02:03 PM
Quote1. Effective 1 June 2007, CAP members enrolled in Air Force Professional Military Education
c. Under the supervision of two CAP members who have been approved in
advance by the CAP-USAF State Director

Does anyone know what the procedure is to do this?

Does this apply to ALL AFIADL courses or just the 0013, SOS, ACSC etc... ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

arajca

It only applies to  the AF PME (SOS, ACSC, AWC, NCOA). It does not apply to the CAP specific courses (AFIADL 13, Scanner, PAO, etc) or the CDC courses.

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Capt Rivera

Quote from: arajca on May 21, 2007, 05:31:42 PM
Have your unit admin officer type up a letter requesting the authorization and include at least three CAP officers to help make sure there are two available. Send it to your SD. I recommend including your TCO and any ATO's you have.

Anyone want to post a template for this letter?

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

arajca

Quote from: riveraj on May 24, 2007, 12:32:47 AM
Quote from: arajca on May 21, 2007, 05:31:42 PM

Anyone want to post a template for this letter?
No template, but here is what I used.

IceNine

Seems like the best place for this...  Sorry to resurect an old thread...

After taking AFIADL 13 how long does it take to get confirmation of passing.

Does it automatically get posted at nationals?

Which one happens first (card or posting)?

Thanks
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

davedove

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 28, 2007, 03:27:13 PM
Seems like the best place for this...  Sorry to resurect an old thread...

After taking AFIADL 13 how long does it take to get confirmation of passing.

Does it automatically get posted at nationals?

Which one happens first (card or posting)?

Thanks

I just did this in May.  If I remember correctly, you receive notification that you passed the test within a couple of weeks.  AFIADL does forward this to CAP and it took an extra week or two to be posted on eservices.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

SAR-EMT1

You will recieve notification via postcard in a week to ten business days. The diploma (you get a diploma for ECI-13 and the other PME) will follow shortly. AFIADL crossloads its list of course completions to NHQ once a month. And will be posted to E services when that happens.

- Hendricks, Did bloomington or you in particular get to do any ES work up north after the last big storms ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

futura

My test results were sent in on a Saturday morning and I recieved the post card the following Thursday. Received the diploma a week later.

Wildblueflyer

I let my course completion time expire without taking the test.  What can I do to get back on track?  Long story short:  Move to Texas + Hurrican Rita = Ran out of time.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Wildblueflyer on September 04, 2007, 05:27:15 PM
I let my course completion time expire without taking the test.  What can I do to get back on track?  Long story short:  Move to Texas + Hurrican Rita = Ran out of time.

You should start by sending an email of explaination to the AFIADL help desk. Then to your Sq./Grp/WG Professional Development Officer.

Usually if something like this happens the CAP member in question is suspended by AFIADL from reenrolling in said course for a period of up to six months.  (they assume you are a slacker and punish you)

In your case, since you can claim migitating circumstance an email of explaination will probably be very helpful. Most likely the response will tell you to go ahead and [re]enroll as you had previously.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

IceNine

OR just try to re-enroll,

They don't care much if its not a PME course.  All you can do is try, all they can say is no.

But if you flag yourself by asking you're a target.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Wildblueflyer

"But if you flag yourself by asking you're a target."

Sounds like the old SF adage: It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

:-)  I'll try re-enrolling first. 

jimmydeanno

IIRC if your time lapses you must wait 6 months to re-enroll.  If you are running out of time you may request an extension.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

Don't ruin it for everyone else by not following established procedure.
Mike Johnston

Wildblueflyer

Relax Mike...it's been more than 6 months.  Everything is copacetic Dude.

RiverAux

Just to clarify, they do not post all AFIADL course completions to eservices.  They do for ECI-13, but other ECI courses I've taken do not show up in eservices.  Anyone know if the higher level AF courses show up in eservices? 

IceNine

Just FYI-
  Took CAPSOC last Tuesday, got the certificate on Saturday, and the Card today.  Still no posting on E-services however.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

dwb

I took it a while back, but I had to fax the completion certificate to NHQ to have it show up in e-Services.  You may want to try that if you're itching to see it on there.

IceNine

They took a scanned copy of the cert.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

dwb

So today was the first business day since they got the certificate?

Be patient, man. :P

IceNine

I just sent it to them with the level 2 paperwork,

They posted it today with a scanned copy of the Cert.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Capt M. Sherrod

Having spoken with NHQ about this at some length, AFIADL only sends a report once a month.  So, if you took and passed a test at the beginning of the month, you could potentially have to wait 30+ days to see it recorded on e-Services.  Unless, as previous posters have indicated, you send them a copy of the completion certificate.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Wildblueflyer

Aha...another question comes to mind:  Is it possible to request the test without re-enrolling in the course?  I've had the books and have read through them and think I can pass.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Wildblueflyer on September 05, 2007, 06:10:31 PM
Aha...another question comes to mind:  Is it possible to request the test without re-enrolling in the course?  I've had the books and have read through them and think I can pass.

No matter... they'll still send you a new set of books - even though they haven't really updated the course in several years. Need a 65 or better to get the 'Af-a-diddle' albatross off yer back and make Capt.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SAR-EMT1

Here is a question. I wish to enroll in on of the CDCs
namely the 10011 and 10012 (AF Firefighter)
(basically a federal version of Fire I and Fire II)

AFIADL's website states that CAP can take any Course not requiring a Security Clearance.

To pass however requires a skills checkoff at a Military Fire Dept.
So the question is this... do I call AFIADL and ask if I am eligible, Or do I just call Scott Fire (or its Education Office) and ask for an appointment?

Its not circumventing procedure (Id guess no CAP type has tried this before) Id just like to avoid an Alabama desk-jockey telling me I can do what a CE SMS at Scott thinks is perfectly acceptable.

Sorry if I seem to have an attitude here.
Thoughts.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

IceNine

I would say, enroll.  Once you get to where you can "check out" call Scott and see what they say.

I would also give the Info Squirrel a call, and let him know whats going on.  Plus he has a ton of contacts on base that could probably get things done.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

SAR-EMT1

Just got back from a 3 day shift...
Thanks Hendricks, I'll give Lt. Col. Squirrel a call.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

mikeylikey

When you enroll, and I assume you will be a taking the tests at Scott (as per the new testing rules) the distance ed center/ education office personell should be setting all that stuff up for you.  Best bet is to go through them, not contact the Fire Department directly unless the ed office tells you too. 

I think the new testing rules were a step in the right direction for getting CAP on military basses more.  Sure it may only be the education center, but that is a start, right!
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

If you got good guidance when you enrolled, and ordered the test right away, so it's sitting at Wing, Group, or your unit, just go ahead and take it. I went a little long on my year, and nothing was said when I finally took the test. If you haven't requested the test yet, give it a shot anyway. They don't seem to get too hyper about the CAP courses.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DrDave

The new testing rules do not apply to AFIADL courses, they only apply to PME courses such as Air War College, etc.

Your Wing Testing Officer continues to handle AFIADL exam requests and will then forward the requested exam to your unit's testing officer.

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

SAR-EMT1

I knew these courses didnt apply to the new testing rules. (but there is a practical skills demonstration that must be completed on base at the fire dept.)

I went ahead and called the Fire Dept. Phone answered by a SrA, transfered to a SSgt, transfered to a TSgt (fire dept's OOD) transfered to a CE 2nd lt,  who transfered me to Base Ed. where I talked with a civilian who said " The only service we provide Civil Air Patrol is a testing facility for your PME, all other services are out of the question by Air Force Directive" When I told her the test would be done at the fire dept she transfered me back to the fire house where no one answered the phone.

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Lee Davis

...and yet again, Welcome to Civil Air Patrol.

Don't forget to pay your dues renewal.
1LT Lee Davis
IL 303 PAO

Fifinella

Quote from: RiverAux on September 04, 2007, 11:49:43 PM
Just to clarify, they do not post all AFIADL course completions to eservices.  They do for ECI-13, but other ECI courses I've taken do not show up in eservices.  Anyone know if the higher level AF courses show up in eservices? 

Yes, AF PME courses do.

http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/professional_development/index.cfm?nodeID=6682&audienceID=4
How to Record Course Completion
AFIADL will send the student a postcard, AFIADL Form 9, which is the official documentation of course completion.  The student must present the Form 9 to the Unit Test Control Officer, who will update the member's CAP Form 45b, Senior Member Professional Development Record, or CAP Form 66, Cadet Master Record.

AFIADL does NOT notify HQ CAP of all course completions.  AFIADL sends a monthly completion report only for the CAP Senior Officer Course (00013) covering the previous month.  National Headquarters only records the CAP Senior Officer Course, Squadron Officer School , Air Command and Staff College , and Air War College in the data base at this time.  If one of these courses is not listed in the national database then please send a copy of your AFIADL Form 9 to the address, fax, or e-mail below, so the National Headquarters Registrar can update the record in the CAP national database:

AFIADL Form 9 Completion
HQ Civil Air Patrol / DPR
105 S Hansell St
Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6332

Fax:

E-mail:
LMMEFORMS@CAP.GOV
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SAR-EMT1

Last two tests I ordered I never recieved a postcard before hand. I did however recieve an email.
... Then again, one of the courses required that I re-register.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I recently got 2 members who timed out on 00013 reinstated with a 90 day window to take the exam. I faxed the letters to AFIADL @ 334-416-6143 and they got reinstatement postcards with in the week.

The request has to come from a group commander (or higher) I've attached a sanitized version of the letter. The format I got from AFIADL but I do not remember where.

For the justification section the last part starting with "Lt Doe understands..." is required.

Maj Phil Hirons
RIWG Director of Professional Development

Capt Rivera

Quote from: phirons on December 10, 2007, 08:07:09 PM
I recently got 2 members who timed out on 00013 reinstated with a 90 day window to take the exam. I faxed the letters to AFIADL @ 334-416-6143 and they got reinstatement postcards with in the week.

The request has to come from a group commander (or higher) I've attached a sanitized version of the letter. The format I got from AFIADL but I do not remember where.

For the justification section the last part starting with "Lt Doe understands..." is required.

Maj Phil Hirons
RIWG Director of Professional Development

thx for posting the letter
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

sarmed1

QuoteI went ahead and called the Fire Dept. Phone answered by a SrA, transfered to a SSgt, transfered to a TSgt (fire dept's OOD) transfered to a CE 2nd lt,  who transfered me to Base Ed. where I talked with a civilian who said " The only service we provide Civil Air Patrol is a testing facility for your PME, all other services are out of the question by Air Force Directive" When I told her the test would be done at the fire dept she transfered me back to the fire house where no one answered the phone.

If you ever get a real answer let me know, I have been thinking about the same route for at least FFII, Instructor I and Officer I. (I have FFI and Hazmat ops)
(I know a guy who is a CAP-RAP firefighter and a DoD Civilian, might help there too)
It beats trying to work those courses into my rotating night shift schedule at a civilian facility.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: sarmed1 on December 11, 2007, 12:37:50 AM
QuoteI went ahead and called the Fire Dept. Phone answered by a SrA, transfered to a SSgt, transfered to a TSgt (fire dept's OOD) transfered to a CE 2nd lt,  who transfered me to Base Ed. where I talked with a civilian who said " The only service we provide Civil Air Patrol is a testing facility for your PME, all other services are out of the question by Air Force Directive" When I told her the test would be done at the fire dept she transfered me back to the fire house where no one answered the phone.

If you ever get a real answer let me know, I have been thinking about the same route for at least FFII, Instructor I and Officer I. (I have FFI and Hazmat ops)
(I know a guy who is a CAP-RAP firefighter and a DoD Civilian, might help there too)
It beats trying to work those courses into my rotating night shift schedule at a civilian facility.

mk

I have the same certs as you do currently and I am in the same boat: not enough time to do it the civilian way. ... Talk to that CAP-RAP firefighter... you might have more luck then me. BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT HE/SHE SAID!  :)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on December 14, 2007, 08:28:52 AM
Quote from: sarmed1 on December 11, 2007, 12:37:50 AM

mk

I have the same certs as you do currently and I am in the same boat: not enough time to do it the civilian way. ... Talk to that CAP-RAP firefighter... you might have more luck then me. BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT HE/SHE SAID!  :)

For the sake of curiosity...

<aol> me too </aol>
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

SAR-EMT1

^ Anything new as to the above?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

SAR-EMT1

Question: Does anyone have any idea wether the test for  course 00017
( Air Force Reserve, Officers Prep Course ) needs to be done on base or not?

Its basically the ECI 13 for Reserve Lts.

- mod'd for spelling
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

mikeylikey

I do believe it does.  I have a call tomorrow into the State Director, I will ponder him.  Let you now.
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 02, 2008, 06:59:05 AM
I do believe it does.  I have a call tomorrow into the State Director, I will ponder him.  Let you now.

Thank you.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

mikeylikey

^ State Director says take it on Base.  Call your State Director if you run into problems!  Others without a base should find the CAP members allowed to proctor,and well have them........ proctor.
What's up monkeys?

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 03, 2008, 03:37:38 AM
^ State Director says take it on Base.  Call your State Director if you run into problems!  Others without a base should find the CAP members allowed to proctor,and well have them........ proctor.

Danke!
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Capt Rivera

has anyone taken course 17? What was it like? Worth your time? lean anything? those in ANG/AFR - Do you think its a carrier booster to an enlisted member? etc? applicable to CAP how?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

BillB

You might check with your Wing Director. Often you can take the AFIADL tests at an AFROTC Detachment at a University. I took my Air Command and Staff College and Air War College tests there administered by the Detachment Testing Officer.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: riveraj on January 03, 2008, 05:37:15 AM
has anyone taken course 17? What was it like? Worth your time? lean anything? those in ANG/AFR - Do you think its a carrier booster to an enlisted member? etc? applicable to CAP how?

Im taking it right now.

Its six modules long.
Volume 1: History Mission and Organization of the USAF
(Includes details on the NCA, DoD JCS and SECAF)

Volume 2: Military Training: (D&C, Flags, Uniforms)

Volume 3: Military Law:
( VERY in depth as to Company Grade Officers relationship to giving Art 15's to the enlisted - makes them seem like peasants-, as well as the ten most common violations of the UCMJ)

Volume 4: Human Relations
( Just what it says, basic info on counseling others, as well as a bit on group psych)

Volume 5: Effective Leadership
(Just what it says, plus a bit on public image and professionalism)

Volume 6: Communications
( Basically identical to the Communications section of the CAPSOC, effective listening, effective writing, basic intro to military briefings)

Impression: Basically a AF version of the CAPSOC, albeit longer, the material is dated as June of '86 and still bears the " ECI, Gunter AFS " logo.  The pics look horrid but the material is still valid.
Enrollment could definately be considered a stepping stone between the CAPSOC and SOS.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Capt Rivera

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 04, 2008, 05:12:02 AM
Quote from: riveraj on January 03, 2008, 05:37:15 AM

Im taking it right now.

Its six modules long.
Volume 1: History Mission and Organization of the USAF
(Includes details on the NCA, DoD JCS and SECAF)

Volume 2: Military Training: (D&C, Flags, Uniforms)

Volume 3: Military Law:
( VERY in depth as to Company Grade Officers relationship to giving Art 15's to the enlisted - makes them seem like peasants-, as well as the ten most common violations of the UCMJ)

Volume 4: Human Relations
( Just what it says, basic info on counseling others, as well as a bit on group psych)

Volume 5: Effective Leadership
(Just what it says, plus a bit on public image and professionalism)

Volume 6: Communications
( Basically identical to the Communications section of the CAPSOC, effective listening, effective writing, basic intro to military briefings)

Impression: Basically a AF version of the CAPSOC, albeit longer, the material is dated as June of '86 and still bears the " ECI, Gunter AFS " logo.  The pics look horrid but the material is still valid.
Enrollment could definately be considered a stepping stone between the CAPSOC and SOS.

So now that you completed Course 17 and taken the test what do you think of the experience? (anyone else feel free to chime in also)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander

SAR-EMT1

Did me some good.... If the ROTC ever lets me back in, maybe I could get credit for taking this course  ::)

As far as what it did for me as a CAP type- it helped expand on a few tenets that were covered in the CAPSOC, and gave me a broader knowledge of the sort the typical AF 2nd Lt has in the back of his head.

Definately helped prep me for the SOS, and familiarized me with the On base testing procedure.
(That was a trip... there was me, MSgT and three full bird Colonels. )
They all stared at me the whole time (probably trying to figure out what the CAP ribbons were and why I had the CG PUC )
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328