Civilian Population Confusion with CAP Members Wear of Military Field Uniforms

Started by RADIOMAN015, May 26, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Flying Pig

"Im out in the county, only the Sheriff can arrest me in the county"......

Um, well not true, but good news is that Im a Sheriff so it doesnt matter......

Oh....I thought you were the PD

Private Investigator

I had a 5150 (mentally ill subject) who was dressed like Woody from "Toy Story" exclaimed to the officers, "I will not surrender to anybody except the sheriff!" Of course the subject is 6' 5" and a hard 300 pounds.

I told the guys, let me talk to him. On my uniform I had the Distinguish Master pistol badge that look like a small sheriff's badge. I told the 5150, that badge was my commission from the sheriff to bring him. He let me put the cuffs on him and take him to the mental hospital.

jks19714

Corps of Engineers?  Is this "civilian" even aware that the VAST majority of Corps employees are civilian?  You're not too likely to see many servicemembers on a CONUS engineering project, let alone in the old BDUs.

OTOH, it wasn't unusual to see Department of Defense employees in ACUs with "deployed civilian" patches (yes, Vanguard carries them) in the box in the early days.

I don't understand why certain people are SO fixated on this subject...  CAP members on ES missions are more likely to be taken as airsofters.  :o
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

bflynn

Quote from: jks19714 on May 31, 2012, 01:48:50 PM
Corps of Engineers?  Is this "civilian" even aware that the VAST majority of Corps employees are civilian? 

Probably not - it's the ARMY corps, so everyone must be in the military, right? 

What most people know about the ACoE starts with building airfields in WWII and ends with inspecting levees in New Orleans.

Yes, I know...they are confusing SeeBees with ACoE...my point is they lump everyone together and don't make distrinctions beyond Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: bflynn on May 31, 2012, 01:56:31 PM
What most people know about the ACoE starts with building airfields in WWII and ends with inspecting levees in New Orleans.

Around here everyone knows them for blowing Mississippi River levees and flooding out farmland.

Smokey

Why after reading one of RM's posts do I feel the need to take a shower?!
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

bflynn

Quote from: Smokey on May 31, 2012, 07:38:40 PM

I don't know - why do you feel the need to post that you do?  An interesting psychology question I suppose...

I probably should follow this advice too, but if he posts something that bothers you, just ignore it.

manfredvonrichthofen

I am over the issue of people confusing us with military. If they ask, tell them, if not, then what is the issue? Someone is there either training to help them, or helping them.

It is good to know that there are well trained people who are professional and look good out furthering their training to help.

Smokey

I'm sorry Bflynn.....you are the almighty wise one. I apologize for not rising to your level of moral relativism.  I will go give myself 30 lashing.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Extremepredjudice

Chill out guys. We are on the same side. If you don't like someone ignore his or her posts. Simple as that.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 31, 2012, 11:03:36 PM
Chill out guys. We are on the same side. If you don't like someone ignore his or her posts. Simple as that.

We've discussed this before - it's not that simple.

Since this is a public board and is fully indexed externally, these ideas and comments are exposed to the universe.
Unchallenged they come back as "fact".  BTDT.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Sir, getting snippy with each other won't enhance our reputation. As Bflynn and Smokey were getting.

Sometimes you have to take a break, relax, maybe watch some TV?  My post was directed at Bflynn and smokey.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

AngelWings

Quote from: bflynn on May 31, 2012, 07:56:14 PM

I don't know - why do you feel the need to post that you do?  An interesting psychology question I suppose...

I probably should follow this advice too, but if he posts something that bothers you, just ignore it.
She we just ignore things that hurt our organization?

We sure as hell didn't ignore Pearl Harbor or 9/11 as an organization.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Littleguy on May 31, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

That is a big leap... Pearl harbor != trolls on a forum.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

AngelWings

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on June 01, 2012, 12:04:38 AM
Quote from: Littleguy on May 31, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

That is a big leap... Pearl harbor != trolls on a forum.
If you are calling me a troll, than stop. Remember Coastal Patrol? We didn't sit down with our thumbs up our butts during Pearl Harbor or 9/11. We did something. Blyfnn's attitude towards the issue is that we should ignore problems that arise instead of fix them. RM's comments are surely a problem for us as an organization. Our attitudes here as Civil Air Patrol is much more different than to sit down when a challenge arises. Give me a break, I was trying not to say something along the lines of two highschooler kids in a fight.

Personally, I am sick of RM feeling he needs to repeat his agenda to get us out of uniform. He has his right, but it has crossed the line.

bflynn

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on May 31, 2012, 11:45:19 PM
Sir, getting snippy with each other won't enhance our reputation. As Bflynn and Smokey were getting.

Sometimes you have to take a break, relax, maybe watch some TV?  My post was directed at Bflynn and smokey.

And your post isn't snippy?  lol

Let's talk about ideas, not people...?

EMT-83

Quote from: Littleguy on June 01, 2012, 12:25:06 AM
If you are calling me a troll, than stop...

EP and "troll" is on par with RM and "civilian".

If you have a different opinion, you obviously are a troll. Maybe that's another word that could be added to the profanity filter.

Extremepredjudice

I only use troll when I see a troll.

We could change "troll" to "unicorn."

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Flying Pig

Quote from: bflynn on May 31, 2012, 01:56:31 PM
Quote from: jks19714 on May 31, 2012, 01:48:50 PM
Corps of Engineers?  Is this "civilian" even aware that the VAST majority of Corps employees are civilian? 

Probably not - it's the ARMY corps, so everyone must be in the military, right? 

Yes, I know...they are confusing SeeBees with ACoE...my point is they lump everyone together and don't make distrinctions beyond Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine.

Now youve crossed the line.  As a Marine I was NEVER confused with being in the Air Force! >:D

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Flying Pig on June 01, 2012, 04:37:56 PM
Now youve crossed the line.  As a Marine I was NEVER confused with being in the Air Force! >:D

What about being confused with the Navy? :D ;)

Seriously...the opinions (and you know the old saw about opinions, everybody's got one and they all stink, some more than others) of CAPTalkers (and that includes me; I'm as full of Bull Durham as the next one sometimes) aren't worth getting an ulcer about.  Take a break, take some Pepto, or whatever you need to do.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011