Duty Performance Promotion Blues

Started by RNOfficer, November 13, 2010, 03:45:02 AM

Hawk200

Quote from: jeders on November 16, 2010, 02:44:30 PM
Quote from: RNOfficer on November 16, 2010, 05:02:39 AM
Quote from: jeders on November 16, 2010, 03:32:43 AM

As an aside, when I was a squadron commander,

You wouldn't be my Squadron Commander. I wouldn't be in a Squadron where the CC did not deserve respect.

Fortunately, for CAP, you're no longer a Squadron Commander.

So because I would want you to be an example of CAPs Core Values (because they're not just for cadets) I don't deserve respect, which is a core value. That's...interesting.
I would have used the word "telling."

ol'fido

Quote from: RNOfficer on November 15, 2010, 06:59:59 PM
Quote from: ol'fido on November 14, 2010, 09:40:47 PM
I was at a meeting yesterday where my wing commander stated that he expects everyone to complete the PD requirements for their grade. He stated that we are "corporate" officers who should not expect to do one "thing"( i.e. flying, HSO, legal, et al) to the exclusion of the rest of the program. I, myself, was indifferent to the idea but after hearing his explanation, I find that I agree with him.

That's the Illinois Wing Right? Col Gordon Larson?

Thanks for the information.

This is completely against Regulations.

KB Answer ID 1452

Can a squadron create additional requirements for promotion other than those stated in the official CAP regulations?

No. CAP REGULATION 35-5 (E) CAP OFFICER AND NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER APPOINTMENTS AND PROMOTIONS makes it clear that criteria for promotion of CAP senior members will be applied uniformly throughout Civil Air Patrol. CAP unit supplements to this regulation in the form of publications or oral instructions that change the basic policies, criteria, procedures, and practices prescribed herein are prohibited.

Note however that no CAP member is entitled to a promotion simply by fulfilling the training and time-in-grade requirements. Commanders still have the obligation to recommend or not recommend individuals for promotion based on criteria such as job performance, contributions to the unit, involvement, human relations, leadership potential and other factors which require some subjective evaluation and judgment.

See below from  CAPR 35-5 CAP Officer and NCO Appointments and Promotions 16 MARCH 2010

SECTION A - GENERAL PROVISIONS
1-1. General. Criteria for promotion of CAP senior members will be applied uniformly throughout Civil Air Patrol. CAP unit supplements to this regulation in the form of publications or oral instructions that change the basic policies, criteria, procedures, and practices prescribed herein are prohibited.
That's right. Col. Larson. Col. Larson came inot this organization after serving in the USAF . He flew O-2 FACs in RV and KC-135s in Desert Shield/Desertt Storm.. As a retired  USAF O-5, he came into the program as a Lt. Col.. He did not have to go back and go through the PD program, but he did because he felt he should learn the CAP way of doing things and because he felt it was the right thing to do. He didn't rest on his laurels and I have the utmost respect for him because he leads by example.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

MSG Mac

Can we end this thread. It has turned into a pi***** contest.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member