Main Menu

AFOEA

Started by CAP_truth, March 06, 2018, 03:25:10 PM

CAP_truth

Anyone interested in knowing if you are eligible to wear the AFOEA ribbon, just go into your e-services records under awards and decorations. My was enter there  2 days ago.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

MHC5096

I just noticed that as well. That should end the debate about whether wear of the ribbon is authorized or not. The placement in the order of precedence for prior service members seems a little odd to me, despite the explanation provided. Another subtle difference between the Air Force Auxiliary and the Coast Guard Auxiliary. Not that big of a deal though since I stopped wearing my military awards on my CAP uniform some time ago.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DVC-VI, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

NC Hokie

is there an official USAF certificate that I could adapt to present to my members that cannot wear the AFOEA ribbon?
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Fester

Quote from: MHC5096 on March 06, 2018, 04:18:53 PM
I just noticed that as well. That should end the debate about whether wear of the ribbon is authorized or not. The placement in the order of precedence for prior service members seems a little odd to me, despite the explanation provided. Another subtle difference between the Air Force Auxiliary and the Coast Guard Auxiliary. Not that big of a deal though since I stopped wearing my military awards on my CAP uniform some time ago.

Not to be argumentative, but the order of precedence makes sense to me.  This AFOEA was awarded due to your CAP Service, not your AF service.  From your perspective, why is it odd?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Fester

Quote from: NC Hokie on March 06, 2018, 09:25:13 PM
is there an official USAF certificate that I could adapt to present to my members that cannot wear the AFOEA ribbon?

Why not just present them with the lapel pin?
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Fester on March 06, 2018, 10:12:49 PM

Why not just present them with the lapel pin?

This is our intended strategy.

PHall

None that I know of.

ZigZag911

Has anyone heard a sensible explanation as to why this can't be worn on the aviator shirt?

Fester

Quote from: ZigZag911 on March 07, 2018, 07:29:31 AM
Has anyone heard a sensible explanation as to why this can't be worn on the aviator shirt?

Because Military ribbons aren't worn on Corporate Uniforms.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

kwe1009

There is no individual certificate for unit or group awards like this.  You can always create one if you like but there is nothing official.

AlphaSigOU

Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

kwe1009

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 08, 2018, 07:10:38 AM
Try this: http://www.expressmilitary.com/air-force-organizational-excellence-award.htm

It looks nice but at $20 per certificate that is a huge expense.  I wonder how many of those they sell.  I'm sure most are to CAP members.

DrJbdm

Something to keep in mind - In the Air Force, the custom is that officers do not wear ribbons on anything other then the Service coat. However, Enlisted airmen will wear ribbons on the short sleeve or long sleeve service uniform shirt but you won't find officers doing it. If CAP Officers were to follow the same custom, you would only have your awarded ribbons displayed when you wore the service coat. As must of know, Cadets are different, they wear ribbons on the uniform shirt the same as enlisted airmen do. I follow the uniform wear custom of the Air Force, it just looks better.

Personally, I think it's fantastic that CAP non-prior service members have been awarded an Air Force ribbon that can be worn with the Air Force style uniform, let's celebrate the win that we have rather then complaining because some eligible members can't wear the ribbon.

PHall

Quote from: DrJbdm on March 08, 2018, 11:15:18 PM
Something to keep in mind - In the Air Force, the custom is that officers do not wear ribbons on anything other then the Service coat. However, Enlisted airmen will wear ribbons on the short sleeve or long sleeve service uniform shirt but you won't find officers doing it. If CAP Officers were to follow the same custom, you would only have your awarded ribbons displayed when you wore the service coat. As must of know, Cadets are different, they wear ribbons on the uniform shirt the same as enlisted airmen do. I follow the uniform wear custom of the Air Force, it just looks better.

Personally, I think it's fantastic that CAP non-prior service members have been awarded an Air Force ribbon that can be worn with the Air Force style uniform, let's celebrate the win that we have rather then complaining because some eligible members can't wear the ribbon.

You know, I keep seeing this line about enlisted ribbon wear. But what I saw in 31-1/2 years in the Air Force / Air Force Reserve doesn't support it.
The only enlisted who I saw wearing ribbons all the time worked in offices in the Wing Headquarters and blues was their normal duty uniform.
And even then not everybody wore them.
The majority of enlisted personnel don't wear blues as their normal duty uniform. ABU's is what they wear.
In flying units where I served, Flight Suits were the normal uniform of the day, even if you weren't flying that day.

abdsp51

I can tell you in my years that rarely have I seen enlisted wear ribbons between 2 different career fields. 

SarDragon

As we slowly circle the drain ...

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAP_truth

Someone lock it up.
Cadet CoP