Who's Got A Good Calendar with Deadlines?

Started by Ed Bos, July 11, 2015, 08:03:22 PM

Ed Bos

Good Day, CAP Talk.

Who's got a good (and current) calendar/list/resource for the various and sundry deadlines that a unit should be aware of?

Does anyone have something similar for groups and/or wings as well?

I'm hoping to steal one review one for ideas.

Cheers!
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

Ed Bos

Seriously? No love for admin support? I was hoping I wouldn't have to comb through all the regs to put together a list of all the deadlines.

Does no one have anything I can use?
PCR-OR-001

Pylon

Some friends and I were going to make a comprehensive list of all of the requirements and suspense dates of administrative burden on units some years back. We started but the project never got finished but I can share what I had at the time.  I only got through a handful of the regulations.

Caveat: these regs and quotes could be out of date as I compiled this partial list in Oct 2010.

Here's a very partial list from the regs I did go through:
CAPR 36-1, Civil Air Patrol Non-Discrimination Program, Paragraph 4.d(2): Requires commanders to brief all individuals in their command on CAP's Non-Discrimination Policy annually.

CAPR 77-1, Operation & Maintenance of CAP Vehicles. If your unit possess a COV: Paragraph 1-2.b(5): Requires monthly time, usage & mileage log to be submitted.
Paragraph 1-2.b(6) requires vehicles to be washed monthly and waxed annually.

CAPR 62-1, CAP Safety Responsibilities & Procedures. Paragraph 3.d(1): Requires "At least once annually, Operational Risk Management (ORM) will be discussed during a unit safety meeting."
Paragraph 3.c: Requires an on-line "Safety Survey" be filled out annually, with a copy sent to the next higher echelon safety officer.
Paragraph 3.d: Requires 15-minute minimum safety briefings per month for every member. Requires missed members review the briefed material before participating in their next CAP activity or meeting. Requires ALL members attend a face-to-face safety briefing at least once per quarter without exceptions.
Paragraph 3.h: Requires a Safety Day be held annually by each unit in October.

CAPR 5-4, Publications & Forms Management, Paragraph 7.a(2): Requires units that maintain paper regulations and publications files check for updates every 6 months.

CAPR 50-4, Test Administration & Security, Paragraph 1-5(2)c: Requires combination on all test-related locks are changed annually and additionally any time commanders or TCOs change. Requires documentation of lock combinations being changed (both annually & for change of personnel) in test control log.
Paragraph 1-6: Requires inventory of tests and recording of the inventory every 90 days plus whenever a TCO changes.

CAPR 50-17, SM Professional Development Program, Paragraph 3-8: Requires commanders offer Level I summary conversations at least once each quarter for new members and also ideally as new members enroll.

CAPR 50-1, DDR, Paragraph 3-5: All units using DDR funds are encouraged to submit quarterly reports and required to submit annual reports due NLT 30 days from close of fiscal year (30 Sept + 30 days).
Paragraph 3-4: Units should develop a DDR budget annually and submit to Wing for inclusion in their DDR planning.

CAPR 52-16, Cadet Program Management, Paragraph 1-1.d(2)(b): Moral leadership discussions should be held at least once per month for a minimum of 1 hour.
Paragraph 2-2.b(2): Opportunities for written testing must be provided every 30 days.
Paragraph 2-11.c(2): Jack Sorensen Cadet Programs Officer of the Year award nominations due to Wing HQ by 15 January annually.
Paragraph 3-4.c: Commanders will appoint Cadet Advisory Council representatives via a CAPF 2A no later than 1 July annually.

CAPR 123-1, CAP Compliance Assessment Program, Paragraph 3.L(1): requires annual mandatory unit self-assessment be conducted on or before the anniversary of the unit's latest SUI.
Paragraph 12.b(2): Reports of annual self-assessments must be forwarded to the Wing/IG within 30 days.
Paragraph 12.b: Units will receive a SUI from Wing/IG no less than once every 36 months. Units that go 39 months without an SUI must cease all activities.

CAPR 10-2, Files Maintenance & Records Disposition. Paragraph 9: Requires files that have calendar year cutoffs (e.g.: correspondence file) are closed by 31 Dec and new files established 1 Jan. Requires fiscal related files to be closed 30 Sept and new files established 1 Oct each year.
Table 1: Requires general correspondence files, safety correspondence & files pertaining to cadet activities, CAPF 37's on non-expendable property, public affairs reports, be closed on 31 Dec and destroyed 1 year later.
Requires general correspondence related to fiscal activities, ES qualification records, CAPF 9's and waivers to fly non-CAP members, CAPF 16's, and CAP Flight Release Logs be closed on 30 Sept and destroyed 1 year later.
Requires CAP Counterdrug Reports (CAPF 82 & 84) files be closed on 30 Sept and destroyed 2 years later.
Requires test inventory logs and reports be closed on 31 Dec and destroyed after 2 years.
Requires Accident & incident reports files be closed on 30 Sept annually & destroyed 3 years later.
Requires reports & forms files, and files with inspection reports and notifications, IG Complaints, personnel plans & policies, to be closed on 31 Dec and destroyed 3 years later.
Requires operational monthly activity reports (CAPF 18s) files be closed on 30 Sept and destroyed 4 years later.
Requires files of correspondence and documents (leases, etc.) about real property be closed on 31 December each year and destroyed 7 years later.
Requires personnel records are purged 5 years after each member's termination date.
Requires regular evaluation of all other types of files which are to be destroyed when no longer needed.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

AirAux

Several years ago, I had one.  At the Squadron level, we had over 97 reports due a year...  I am sure it's more now. 

Ed Bos

PCR-OR-001