PD course eligibility report

Started by cobra6987, January 22, 2019, 07:18:23 AM

cobra6987

I know we can pull a Training Status report that shows who has or has not completed something. But is there an easy way to use that to show who is eligible to take a course?

Basically, I'm planning a CLC course coming up and I want a list of people that have not attended CLC yet. Easy enough. However, when you run the Training Status report for those that have not completed CLC, it will pull everyone that hasn't taken it, including those that are on day one of CAP. Is there an easy way that I can filter to say "Has not completed CLC, but has completed SLS"?
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL

MSG Mac

run a report that lists everyone who has completed SLS, and another that shows who hasn't completed CLC
Remove the ones who haven't completed SLS.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Spam

Should be able to just run one report.

Will it let you run the dl as an Excel file and apply the filter?

Vr
Spam

cobra6987

I wouldn't mind do that if it was just for a unit, but I'm looking at about 500 people throughout the wing.I can narrow down to 236, but if I'm going line by line, that's still pretty tedious. I know I have 236 that do not have CLC, and 174 that do not have SLS, so that leaves 62 people to find. there's got to be away to filter this a lot easier than line by line examination.

The excel down load separates by unit and whatever course, looks just like the PDF. the contact report prints it in a way that is easy to set as a table, but it will still require a line by line review to see who to remove.
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL

dwb

No way to do it in the current system. I just did this manually last week looking for people eligible to attend RSC. It would be nice if you could "AND" the criteria together in the training status report.

baronet68

Quote from: cobra6987 on January 22, 2019, 09:27:07 AM...but it will still require a line by line review to see who to remove.

In today's world, nobody has the time (or the eyes) for a line-by-line review of Excel files.  There are a lot of underused functions in Excel that can be helpful.  In this case, with two sets of data (report A with SLS, and report B with CLC), you can use the "=COUNTIF()" function in Excel to identify and remove everyone in report A who is also in report B. 

Even if the report is rendered with the most screwed up of Excel formatting, the whole process shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get a usable list of candidates. 

Not being one to just say, "it can be done," and then walking away... PM me and I'll give you a hand.

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager