AFIADL Tests

Started by davedove, March 15, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

IceNine

They took a scanned copy of the cert.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

dwb

So today was the first business day since they got the certificate?

Be patient, man. :P

IceNine

I just sent it to them with the level 2 paperwork,

They posted it today with a scanned copy of the Cert.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Capt M. Sherrod

Having spoken with NHQ about this at some length, AFIADL only sends a report once a month.  So, if you took and passed a test at the beginning of the month, you could potentially have to wait 30+ days to see it recorded on e-Services.  Unless, as previous posters have indicated, you send them a copy of the completion certificate.
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Wildblueflyer

Aha...another question comes to mind:  Is it possible to request the test without re-enrolling in the course?  I've had the books and have read through them and think I can pass.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Wildblueflyer on September 05, 2007, 06:10:31 PM
Aha...another question comes to mind:  Is it possible to request the test without re-enrolling in the course?  I've had the books and have read through them and think I can pass.

No matter... they'll still send you a new set of books - even though they haven't really updated the course in several years. Need a 65 or better to get the 'Af-a-diddle' albatross off yer back and make Capt.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SAR-EMT1

Here is a question. I wish to enroll in on of the CDCs
namely the 10011 and 10012 (AF Firefighter)
(basically a federal version of Fire I and Fire II)

AFIADL's website states that CAP can take any Course not requiring a Security Clearance.

To pass however requires a skills checkoff at a Military Fire Dept.
So the question is this... do I call AFIADL and ask if I am eligible, Or do I just call Scott Fire (or its Education Office) and ask for an appointment?

Its not circumventing procedure (Id guess no CAP type has tried this before) Id just like to avoid an Alabama desk-jockey telling me I can do what a CE SMS at Scott thinks is perfectly acceptable.

Sorry if I seem to have an attitude here.
Thoughts.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

IceNine

I would say, enroll.  Once you get to where you can "check out" call Scott and see what they say.

I would also give the Info Squirrel a call, and let him know whats going on.  Plus he has a ton of contacts on base that could probably get things done.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

SAR-EMT1

Just got back from a 3 day shift...
Thanks Hendricks, I'll give Lt. Col. Squirrel a call.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

mikeylikey

When you enroll, and I assume you will be a taking the tests at Scott (as per the new testing rules) the distance ed center/ education office personell should be setting all that stuff up for you.  Best bet is to go through them, not contact the Fire Department directly unless the ed office tells you too. 

I think the new testing rules were a step in the right direction for getting CAP on military basses more.  Sure it may only be the education center, but that is a start, right!
What's up monkeys?

SarDragon

If you got good guidance when you enrolled, and ordered the test right away, so it's sitting at Wing, Group, or your unit, just go ahead and take it. I went a little long on my year, and nothing was said when I finally took the test. If you haven't requested the test yet, give it a shot anyway. They don't seem to get too hyper about the CAP courses.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DrDave

The new testing rules do not apply to AFIADL courses, they only apply to PME courses such as Air War College, etc.

Your Wing Testing Officer continues to handle AFIADL exam requests and will then forward the requested exam to your unit's testing officer.

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

SAR-EMT1

I knew these courses didnt apply to the new testing rules. (but there is a practical skills demonstration that must be completed on base at the fire dept.)

I went ahead and called the Fire Dept. Phone answered by a SrA, transfered to a SSgt, transfered to a TSgt (fire dept's OOD) transfered to a CE 2nd lt,  who transfered me to Base Ed. where I talked with a civilian who said " The only service we provide Civil Air Patrol is a testing facility for your PME, all other services are out of the question by Air Force Directive" When I told her the test would be done at the fire dept she transfered me back to the fire house where no one answered the phone.

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Lee Davis

...and yet again, Welcome to Civil Air Patrol.

Don't forget to pay your dues renewal.
1LT Lee Davis
IL 303 PAO

Fifinella

Quote from: RiverAux on September 04, 2007, 11:49:43 PM
Just to clarify, they do not post all AFIADL course completions to eservices.  They do for ECI-13, but other ECI courses I've taken do not show up in eservices.  Anyone know if the higher level AF courses show up in eservices? 

Yes, AF PME courses do.

http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/professional_development/index.cfm?nodeID=6682&audienceID=4
How to Record Course Completion
AFIADL will send the student a postcard, AFIADL Form 9, which is the official documentation of course completion.  The student must present the Form 9 to the Unit Test Control Officer, who will update the member's CAP Form 45b, Senior Member Professional Development Record, or CAP Form 66, Cadet Master Record.

AFIADL does NOT notify HQ CAP of all course completions.  AFIADL sends a monthly completion report only for the CAP Senior Officer Course (00013) covering the previous month.  National Headquarters only records the CAP Senior Officer Course, Squadron Officer School , Air Command and Staff College , and Air War College in the data base at this time.  If one of these courses is not listed in the national database then please send a copy of your AFIADL Form 9 to the address, fax, or e-mail below, so the National Headquarters Registrar can update the record in the CAP national database:

AFIADL Form 9 Completion
HQ Civil Air Patrol / DPR
105 S Hansell St
Maxwell AFB AL 36112-6332

Fax:

E-mail:
LMMEFORMS@CAP.GOV
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SAR-EMT1

Last two tests I ordered I never recieved a postcard before hand. I did however recieve an email.
... Then again, one of the courses required that I re-register.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I recently got 2 members who timed out on 00013 reinstated with a 90 day window to take the exam. I faxed the letters to AFIADL @ 334-416-6143 and they got reinstatement postcards with in the week.

The request has to come from a group commander (or higher) I've attached a sanitized version of the letter. The format I got from AFIADL but I do not remember where.

For the justification section the last part starting with "Lt Doe understands..." is required.

Maj Phil Hirons
RIWG Director of Professional Development

Capt Rivera

Quote from: phirons on December 10, 2007, 08:07:09 PM
I recently got 2 members who timed out on 00013 reinstated with a 90 day window to take the exam. I faxed the letters to AFIADL @ 334-416-6143 and they got reinstatement postcards with in the week.

The request has to come from a group commander (or higher) I've attached a sanitized version of the letter. The format I got from AFIADL but I do not remember where.

For the justification section the last part starting with "Lt Doe understands..." is required.

Maj Phil Hirons
RIWG Director of Professional Development

thx for posting the letter
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

sarmed1

QuoteI went ahead and called the Fire Dept. Phone answered by a SrA, transfered to a SSgt, transfered to a TSgt (fire dept's OOD) transfered to a CE 2nd lt,  who transfered me to Base Ed. where I talked with a civilian who said " The only service we provide Civil Air Patrol is a testing facility for your PME, all other services are out of the question by Air Force Directive" When I told her the test would be done at the fire dept she transfered me back to the fire house where no one answered the phone.

If you ever get a real answer let me know, I have been thinking about the same route for at least FFII, Instructor I and Officer I. (I have FFI and Hazmat ops)
(I know a guy who is a CAP-RAP firefighter and a DoD Civilian, might help there too)
It beats trying to work those courses into my rotating night shift schedule at a civilian facility.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: sarmed1 on December 11, 2007, 12:37:50 AM
QuoteI went ahead and called the Fire Dept. Phone answered by a SrA, transfered to a SSgt, transfered to a TSgt (fire dept's OOD) transfered to a CE 2nd lt,  who transfered me to Base Ed. where I talked with a civilian who said " The only service we provide Civil Air Patrol is a testing facility for your PME, all other services are out of the question by Air Force Directive" When I told her the test would be done at the fire dept she transfered me back to the fire house where no one answered the phone.

If you ever get a real answer let me know, I have been thinking about the same route for at least FFII, Instructor I and Officer I. (I have FFI and Hazmat ops)
(I know a guy who is a CAP-RAP firefighter and a DoD Civilian, might help there too)
It beats trying to work those courses into my rotating night shift schedule at a civilian facility.

mk

I have the same certs as you do currently and I am in the same boat: not enough time to do it the civilian way. ... Talk to that CAP-RAP firefighter... you might have more luck then me. BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT HE/SHE SAID!  :)
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328