Main Menu

AFIADL Tests

Started by davedove, March 15, 2007, 02:14:32 PM

arajca

Have your unit admin officer type up a letter requesting the authorization and include at least three CAP officers to help make sure there are two available. Send it to your SD. I recommend including your TCO and any ATO's you have.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: captrncap on May 21, 2007, 05:02:03 PM
Quote1. Effective 1 June 2007, CAP members enrolled in Air Force Professional Military Education
c. Under the supervision of two CAP members who have been approved in
advance by the CAP-USAF State Director

Does anyone know what the procedure is to do this?

Does this apply to ALL AFIADL courses or just the 0013, SOS, ACSC etc... ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

arajca

It only applies to  the AF PME (SOS, ACSC, AWC, NCOA). It does not apply to the CAP specific courses (AFIADL 13, Scanner, PAO, etc) or the CDC courses.

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

Capt Rivera

Quote from: arajca on May 21, 2007, 05:31:42 PM
Have your unit admin officer type up a letter requesting the authorization and include at least three CAP officers to help make sure there are two available. Send it to your SD. I recommend including your TCO and any ATO's you have.

Anyone want to post a template for this letter?

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

arajca

Quote from: riveraj on May 24, 2007, 12:32:47 AM
Quote from: arajca on May 21, 2007, 05:31:42 PM

Anyone want to post a template for this letter?
No template, but here is what I used.

IceNine

Seems like the best place for this...  Sorry to resurect an old thread...

After taking AFIADL 13 how long does it take to get confirmation of passing.

Does it automatically get posted at nationals?

Which one happens first (card or posting)?

Thanks
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

davedove

Quote from: mfd1506 on August 28, 2007, 03:27:13 PM
Seems like the best place for this...  Sorry to resurect an old thread...

After taking AFIADL 13 how long does it take to get confirmation of passing.

Does it automatically get posted at nationals?

Which one happens first (card or posting)?

Thanks

I just did this in May.  If I remember correctly, you receive notification that you passed the test within a couple of weeks.  AFIADL does forward this to CAP and it took an extra week or two to be posted on eservices.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

SAR-EMT1

You will recieve notification via postcard in a week to ten business days. The diploma (you get a diploma for ECI-13 and the other PME) will follow shortly. AFIADL crossloads its list of course completions to NHQ once a month. And will be posted to E services when that happens.

- Hendricks, Did bloomington or you in particular get to do any ES work up north after the last big storms ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

futura

My test results were sent in on a Saturday morning and I recieved the post card the following Thursday. Received the diploma a week later.

Wildblueflyer

I let my course completion time expire without taking the test.  What can I do to get back on track?  Long story short:  Move to Texas + Hurrican Rita = Ran out of time.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Wildblueflyer on September 04, 2007, 05:27:15 PM
I let my course completion time expire without taking the test.  What can I do to get back on track?  Long story short:  Move to Texas + Hurrican Rita = Ran out of time.

You should start by sending an email of explaination to the AFIADL help desk. Then to your Sq./Grp/WG Professional Development Officer.

Usually if something like this happens the CAP member in question is suspended by AFIADL from reenrolling in said course for a period of up to six months.  (they assume you are a slacker and punish you)

In your case, since you can claim migitating circumstance an email of explaination will probably be very helpful. Most likely the response will tell you to go ahead and [re]enroll as you had previously.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328

IceNine

OR just try to re-enroll,

They don't care much if its not a PME course.  All you can do is try, all they can say is no.

But if you flag yourself by asking you're a target.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Wildblueflyer

"But if you flag yourself by asking you're a target."

Sounds like the old SF adage: It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

:-)  I'll try re-enrolling first. 

jimmydeanno

IIRC if your time lapses you must wait 6 months to re-enroll.  If you are running out of time you may request an extension.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

Don't ruin it for everyone else by not following established procedure.
Mike Johnston

Wildblueflyer

Relax Mike...it's been more than 6 months.  Everything is copacetic Dude.

RiverAux

Just to clarify, they do not post all AFIADL course completions to eservices.  They do for ECI-13, but other ECI courses I've taken do not show up in eservices.  Anyone know if the higher level AF courses show up in eservices? 

IceNine

Just FYI-
  Took CAPSOC last Tuesday, got the certificate on Saturday, and the Card today.  Still no posting on E-services however.

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

dwb

I took it a while back, but I had to fax the completion certificate to NHQ to have it show up in e-Services.  You may want to try that if you're itching to see it on there.