Do I have to apply to receive the Red Service Ribbon

Started by jfkspotting, April 28, 2018, 01:47:31 AM

jfkspotting

Am I awarded this automatically, or do I apply to receive the two-year service ribbon? I've been an extremely active member at all events including encampment and have promoted to chief in 1.5 years

SarDragon

If you have a sharp Admin/Personnel Officer, they will periodically review your record and notice that you are eligible. They will then do a 2a, get the commander's approval, file it, and tell you to wear the ribbon.

Otherwise, let your Admin/Personnel Officer that you have completed the time, and they should handle it from there.

You might be told that you need to fill out the form and submit it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAP_truth

National is working on auto-award for Red Service Ribbon.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

I_Am_Twigs

I got permission from my commander then just logged into eServices clicked on my name in the top right corner and went down to "service ribbons". You should be able to figure it out from there, if not PM me
C/Maj, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." --Winston Churchill

lordmonar

The question should be directed to your chain of command up to your unit personal officer or admin officer.

Units do it differently.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

GaryVC

Notice that is says "previously authorized" service ribbons in eServices. For now, at least, you have to do the paper work as well. I hope that eServices can eventually be used for awarding service ribbons by those with that authority. I suspect that the fact that each wing delegates the awarding of service ribbons in different ways is a (fixable) problem.

Briank

I just did this recently.  In my case I had to print out and fill out the paperwork myself.  I then took it to my Unit Commander for approval.  He signed it and gave it back to me for my records.  I then put the information into e-services, where it went to him for approval again.  He approved it there and it shows up now.