Main Menu

PM Not Working

Started by A.Member, April 28, 2009, 02:02:28 PM

A.Member

Anyone else having IE error issues with PM?  Seems to have occured as a result of last updates.  I would've sent a PM to the admins on the issue rather than posting here but...   ;)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

MIKE

At about what time did you try to send the PM... If you can give it to me in eastern it'll be quicker... There are a lot of error logs for your account.

Also, if you get an error message, copy and paste it in the thread.
Mike Johnston

A.Member

Received the error multiple times when attempting to PM a couple different members (including you as a test).  Times (ET) are approx. 10:00 and 10:40. 

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

MIKE

What version of IE are you using?  Doesn't seem to generating any error reports for the PMs in the error logs for the board... just when you post on the forum.

Error looks like IE is choking on some bad code.
Mike Johnston

A.Member

7.0 (7.0.6001.18000 to be precise)

Sent you a test using Firefox and that seemed to work.

MIKE

I did not get any error messages from IE when I sent you the PM in IE8, but the forum seems to have logged one for each PM.
Mike Johnston

whatevah

easy solution: stop using IE!  Everybody knows it's bad for you. :)

I'll look into it...
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Eclipse

Quote from: whatevah on April 28, 2009, 06:26:34 PM

Ditto, how about a browser detect that just blocks people using IE?  They are just propagating malware and other security issues anyway!

Frankly, I'm surprised people still using IE can even find CAPTALK.  Does it have an AOL Keyword?   >:D

"That Others May Zoom"

A.Member

Quote from: Eclipse on April 28, 2009, 06:45:55 PM
Quote from: whatevah on April 28, 2009, 06:26:34 PM

Ditto, how about a browser detect that just blocks people using IE?  They are just propagating malware and other security issues anyway!

Frankly, I'm surprised people still using IE can even find CAPTALK.  Does it have an AOL Keyword?   >:D
Meanwhile, back in the real world...

A.Member