SM Cadet Programs progression.

Started by Майор Хаткевич, October 30, 2009, 04:35:44 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I am still a cadet, but I just checked a nifty website posted in another thread and saw this:

Cadet Program Officer Specialty Track - Technician Rating     07-May-06 - 09:40 PM
   Cadet Program Officer Specialty Track - Senior Rating    07-May-06 - 10:03 PM
   Cadet Program Officer Specialty Track - Master Rating    07-May-06 - 10:36 PM

I'm an Earhart Cadet, so the Senior Tech Rating is going to be there once I roll over to the SM side, but what about the time when I took these tests? Incidentally it was 3 years and 1 day since joining, and I was brand new C/2d Lt (part 2).

Does the test mean much/will I have to take it again down the road?

P.S. I remember it being really simple, thus getting them done within an hour, so I'm not putting too much weight into the test itself for eventual progression.

CAPSGT

Tecnically, they are not valid because A) you took them as a cadet.  B) you cannot bank the tests.  You must take the tech test when you are working on a tech rating, senior after you get your tech rating, etc.

Also, as an Earhart cadet, you can receive credit for a Technician rating.  You are only eligible for an immediate Senior rating if you receive the Spaatz.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

SilverEagle2

QuoteI'm an Earhart Cadet, so the Senior Rating is going to be there once I roll over to the SM side

Earhart = Tech
Spaatz = Senior

EDIT: Oops, already clarified.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Майор Хаткевич

"Once a cadet earns the General Billy Mitchell Award, he or she is promoted to the grade of Cadet 2d Lieutenant. Any cadet who has received this award, and who later enters CAP's Senior Member program, is eligible for immediate promotion to CAP 2d Lieutenant at age 21."

"Once a cadet earns the Earhart Award, he or she is promoted to the grade of Cadet Captain. Any cadet who has received this award, and who later enters CAP's Senior Member program, is eligible for immediate promotion to CAP 1st Lieutenant at age 21."

"a. Credit will be awarded to former cadets based on specific accomplishments. Those members who earned the Earhart Award may receive the technician rating in the Cadet Programs Officer specialty track. Members who have earned the Eaker Award may be awarded completion of SLS, the CAP Senior Officer Course, and Level II. In addition to Level II completion, members who earned the Spaatz Award may be awarded the senior rating in the Cadet Programs Officer specialty track and the Yeager Award."

Hm...don't know why I assumed Mitchell gets anything in this department.

Thanks for the input though!

lordmonar

Quote from: CAPSGT on October 30, 2009, 04:43:24 PM
you cannot bank the tests.  You must take the tech test when you are working on a tech rating, senior after you get your tech rating, etc.

I dont't think this is true.  Service time for Senior Rating must be done as a tech rated CP member but it does not say anything about having to wait for the tests.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

CAPSGT

You are correct.  I was blurring the lines between cadet testing and cadet programs track testing.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron