Flight Suit Survival 'Gear' - What would you include in your pockets?

Started by Pumbaa, August 24, 2008, 09:24:22 PM

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

Are yours the green or the red or do they make a white light one?  I have an IR one but it isn't any good for anything civilian...

Stonewall

Not sure.  I've got them in an ammo can and haven't looked at them in a few years. 
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

If you have a few spares that you would part with, I'm sure I could find you somebody who would want to buy them....    >:D >:D >:D

CAPLAW

In my pockets I carry the following:
Singal mirror
Protein bar
Sure fire flash light
glow stick
survival knife
extra pair of glasses
parchute crord
matches
whistle
cash

blackrain

Has anyone mentioned a standard aviation band handheld? Don't most airliners monitor 121.5? I do know that they are monitoring the enroute frequencies. In a survival situation I would scan and listen for aircraft flying overhead and try to contact. If your outside of cell coverage the handheld might be a viable alternative. I actually carry mine in my flightsuit pocket.
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

Pumbaa

blackrain

Quote from: Pumbaa on January 03, 2009, 05:56:21 PM
Remember this exercise was IN YOUR POCKETS.

My Yaseu VXA-220 will just fit in my chest pocket of my flightsuit with the antenna on. I'm sure some other models would as well, especially if you disconnected the antenna and put it in the pocket next to it. My Yaseu is also about as waterproof a radio as I've seen.
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

Timbo

Quote from: Pumbaa on January 03, 2009, 05:56:21 PM
Remember this exercise was IN YOUR POCKETS.

I would stuff my pockets with delicious veal.  I can then cook the veal in the fire that was once my airplane.  If you are going to be stranded......might as well do it with some style.  PLUS any wild animals that come my way would eat some veal instead of me.  (very logical....I know!)

Mustang

Quote from: Sqn72DO on December 29, 2008, 04:01:02 AM
I wonder if they make a civilian version of the Phoenix lights we had in the Army.  They were an infrared programmable strobe light that fit to the top of a 9V battery.  You programmed it with a penny.  Anyone seen one of those around.  That would be a great thing to have.

http://www.s-lite.com/products.php?id=3
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "