Main Menu

MK4 Sniffer Saves The Day!

Started by JoeTomasone, February 01, 2011, 10:33:49 PM

Larry Mangum

If I was a betting man, I would bet he is referring to the unit or units that were presented to CAP at national Boards in San Diego.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

Major Lord

These units are in CAP possession? Has Major Keilholtz had a chance to test them?

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

SARJunkie

Didnt he say they were in Tampa?
Ex CAP Guy!

Major Lord

He said they were demonstrated in Tampa. I have never personally known a member of CAP (other then their own people, masquerading here as third parties) who has seen a functioning prototype, let alone a production unit. They did provide a unit to someone on this forum for evaluation, but alas, it was not functioning. The poster on this page seems to think I have an axe to grind... and in this there is some "degree" of truth. I Don't want to see any more units scammed for venture capital while they try to build a working device. I am not a competitor, as they have tried to imply. I manufacture ham radio tracking transmitters.  I would love to be convinced of their products existence and functions!  I marvel at the incredible specifications! Its able to detect ELT's out to nearly the horizon! (80 KM)  It can provide a bearing resolution of 2 Degrees to a target 2 Kilometers away! It can be used to deliver artillery fire against Icom radios! Awesome. Bring one out to Travis or anywhere we can objectively test one, even a prototype, and you will make me the biggest advocate for your remarkable claims. Until then I am afraid, it stays in the snake oil aisle of your supermarket.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Al Sayre

I will once again offer my services to test a unit.  I am an electrical engineer with no axe to grind, and as an IC, I can arrange for the unit to be tested in the field on a SAREX (like we did the last time we tried to test it).  I will give you my honest opinions about the capabilities of the unit.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Major Lord

Al,

I apologize for not remembering that is was you who made the offer ( and attempt) to test the TS. I look forward with great enthusiasm to the response from FSEMS and any tests you may carry out.

Major Lord

ECHO35

First: I am not masquerading around I am not a CAP member (yet), I am a member of army SOF

AL I would be interested in setting something up I just need some details (where, when,who) shoot me an email and we can work something out. pgreaves23@gmail.com

The numbers in regards to accuracy were recorded and verified by SOCOM personnel at an event at Camp Roberts.
In that test we recorded consistent numbers at 5 km of plus or minus 3 degrees using 3 different freqs 121.775/146.565/243
This was a test to demonstrate the ability to DF icom chatter as seen in OEF and other hot lz's thru out the world

Major Lord

Okay, you are in "army SOF", great. And a group of people at Roberts tested the unit. Excellent. 6 degrees of resolution at 6 Klicks. Super. Show Al a working unit that will do what Murray claims the TigerStrike will do and I will happily believe it. Naturally, you have declassified test reports from your Roberts Eval too? We would be delighted to see them.

Major Lord

ECHO35

Quote from: Major Lord on February 15, 2011, 08:47:12 PM
Okay, you are in "army SOF", great. And a group of people at Roberts tested the unit. Excellent. 6 degrees of resolution at 6 Klicks. Super. Show Al a working unit that will do what Murray claims the TigerStrike will do and I will happily believe it. Naturally, you have declassified test reports from your Roberts Eval too? We would be delighted to see them.

Major Lord
I have not declassified anything and there was nothing secret about the test. And I would be happy to show anyone. Nothing you have said to this point is helpfull nor important not to mention accurate.
Be carefull with your tone I did not come here looking for a fight, just here to pass along some information.

Major Lord

I am grieved that you don't like my my tone or attempt to help you demonstrate your product functions and actually exists helpful! I am sure that Al will be delighted to see the test results or AA's on your wonderful new system. How many have you sold? We would love to have a conversation with other Agencies about their experiences with Firestorm. Can you put us in touch with an Agency that has purchased one?

Major Lord

ECHO35

Anyway

If there is anyone in our around North Carolina and would like to see a demo let me know. Traveling any where else is not a problem just shoot me an email pgreaves23@gmail.com

Al Sayre

I've sent Paul a PM with a proposed date in May.  I'd like to do it sooner, but we have our GTE coming up, and I don't want our folks distracted from the training/preps by doing testing on new equipment. ( Some of them tend to wander off after shiny objects  >:D )  I'd also be happy to review any test data you'd like to provide.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

ECHO35

We are a go for the 26th of Feb looking forward to it. If there are any other CAP wings who have an up coming SAREX and would like a demo shoot me a email at pgreaves23@gmail.com

Major Lord

Looking at the Firestorm website, it appears that this current iteration of TigerStrike is a different animal (pun intended) than what Murray Craig offered before, at least it does not make mention that I could see of the telemetry by cellular,  electronic compass, etc. and appears to marry a directional antenna DF system to a display GPS. This approach seems a lot more realistic. I look forward to Al's tests.

Major Lord

Larry Mangum

It does look like a nice unit, but can we afford it at a cost of $5000.00 per unit, assuming it works as advertised.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

ECHO35

The Cellular piece is meant to send info from the Tigerstrike to a command center or perhaps an aircraft. The idea is to give commanders the info the guys on the ground getting so there is no confusion. This is something that we need more feedback on.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Larry Mangum on February 16, 2011, 04:02:42 PM
It does look like a nice unit, but can we afford it at a cost of $5000.00 per unit, assuming it works as advertised.

LtCol Magnum raises a good point. ECHO35, what is the pricing model on this (is it really $5k?).

caprescue

Al Lord:

If you have a genuine interest in the facts about the Tigetrstike, please contact Major James Grogan, former CAP/USAF PCR, USAF, located in Sacramento, he was at the tests in November 2010 and can atest to the results and actual existance of the Tigerstrke. If you check patent office you will see we applied for our patent last April.

You are right the Tigerstrike has evolved into a compact ultra high performance antenna array system that is capable of hunting on 121.5 146.565, 216.0 243, and 406-407 MHz by changing out the array as the  length and element are sensitive. see our website, www.fsems.com

Next we evolved to the new AD 607 reciever chip and moved to a triple hetrodyne reciever model, with a Freescale DSP chip controling all the data. As we added the .1 degree compass, signal strength and GPS data to the stream that leads to the PDA or ruggedized PC, we use some AI to smooth the data and provide a artifical horizan like hunting screen that records 150 times a sec, and provides the best calcaluted solution.

Since we couldnt find a mapping soultion that would run both windows mobile 6.5 and W7 we wrote our own and display the results on the PDA. really different than last years solution. We are now encasing it in a aluminium housing for IP65 standards.

The results have been out standing. As for you calling our customers, not going to happen, you have shown your bias, and we will others sing its praises to this thread.

Hope that helps, we will see after the results of the test in MS

Thanks

Murray Craig, CTO

Major Lord

Murray,

Naturally I am biased, everyone is. I have no doubts that you have lots of prototypes and pre-production units. Al saw one, and we have all seen photos.  I have faith in Al's ability to do an impartial test, and will happily accept the results of whatever he finds. Not knowing James Grogan, I would be happier accepting the opinion of a trained and experienced ES operator and electronic engineer. I understand if you don't have any actual clients, since the product is still developmental. I wish you all the luck in the world! There is plenty of room for improvement in RDF gear, and I really hope that you can deliver a product that provides enhanced value and capabilities over what the market currently offers.

Major Lord

caprescue

Major James Grogan was until the last couple of months, the CAP/USAF PCR Region liaison member for the USAF, and is now reassigned to a new post. I am surprised you don't recognize him since you are so active in CAP. He can provide a completely unbiased opinion and was there at the test for USAF. How much better is that?

I am happy to engage in a civilized conversation as I am looking for input form all sectors of es especially on the software interface side of the house. I have tried to post some pics of the interface screen but have been unable to do so.

Murray