New Hunter Orange Hunting Vest-Pack with CAP 24 HR minimum gear capability.

Started by LionHunter, March 17, 2010, 03:57:32 AM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Polecat

Wow. I would definitely be interested in the under $150 model. I am not a fan of the "buck suede" material though, all 1000d cordura would be nice. Just my opinion though.

Eclipse

No cheese block to test, yet, but Tim told me the other day that he will sell the current model for $235 shipped.

Contact him at the emails in the first post.

BTW - every time I wear, show off, or fon...er...adjust this vest I am more impressed with the attention to detail and he craftsmanship.

"That Others May Zoom"

SaBeR33

Quote from: Polecat on April 20, 2010, 02:41:23 AM
Wow. I would definitely be interested in the under $150 model. I am not a fan of the "buck suede" material though, all 1000d cordura would be nice. Just my opinion though.

If you keep in mind the hunting origins of this vest the "buck suede" used makes a great deal of sense as it is MUCH less likely to make noise like Cordura would. Making noise while stalking one's game is a good way to go home empty-handed. The current material may cause water to bead-up, but using a good water repellent on it would ensure the material doesn't become soaked.

CAP Marine

Bump...

Eclipse- anything further to report following actual use in the field?

cpyahoo

Man... this is a GREAT find!   :clap:  I've e-mailed Blade-Tech and am ordering one to field test. 

Anyone know whatever happened to the website CAPGear.com?  Seemed like some good info on some up-and-coming gear.  I submitted a piece on the Arktis Ground Team Vest made by Arktis North America.  I've out fitted my whole team with them.  They have stupid-crazy room for everything and them some on the list for 24 hour gear.  You can get them on Ebay, just do a search for "Civil Air Patrol".

Eclipse

The mods (including me) were distracted by something shiny and never picked it back up..

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Eclipse, did you ever get to test that with a cheese block? If not, I will be bringing one up with me next Saturday so grab me and we can test it out.

Eclipse

Never got a chance, so that would be great.

I need to circle around with the vendor and see if the less expensive version is out of the gate, yet.

"That Others May Zoom"

Walkman

Quote from: Eclipse on February 10, 2012, 05:50:13 PM
I need to circle around with the vendor and see if the less expensive version is out of the gate, yet.

I tried looking around on their website and couldn't find any info or listing for it.

ProdigalJim

Quote from: Walkman on February 10, 2012, 08:57:56 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 10, 2012, 05:50:13 PM

I tried looking around on their website and couldn't find any info or listing for it.

Me neither. I really want one and I fear my opportunity is lost.  :-\
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

Eclipse

The vest I reviewed was part of an initial run - past prototype, but not intended for general production (as far as I understand).
He was working on sourcing a similar version for what he'd hoped would be about 3/4 the retail of the one I reviewed.

My last contact was in July when he was on his way to China to discuss production.  I'll let everyone know when I hear from him.

"That Others May Zoom"

GroundHawg

All I see is red x's is it me or the site? Farther down I see a couple of pics, are they too old now?

cpyahoo

A prototype???

Man... I hope we didn't miss a shot at some good gear!