The Empire Strikes Back: US Ranger Corps, Etc.

Started by ♠SARKID♠, May 07, 2008, 05:22:46 PM

flyguy06

First of all , I think its inproper for a CADET to comment on a Senior member or even ex Senior Member, we do not teach our young people to ridicule people whether EX MEMBERS OR NON MEMBERS. It is not a cadet value to start up or get involved in gossip, controversy, or talking about people. But I guess different people train their cadets differently. I for one would never want any of my cadets to even get involved in gossip or redicule. What kind of cadet are we mentoring and developing in today's CAP? Are we teaching cadets to be respectful of people wheather they deserve that respect or not or are we teaching them its ok to make fun of people?

Secondly, Who cares if Pineda is a Three star general. Police Chiefs and Sheriffs manke themselves three and four star Generals all the time. A police Chief of a 22 person police department wil make himself a four star just  like the police Chief of a 2000 person department, but you guys dont seem to mention that. So, basically who cares?

Let the man be. he isnt bothering anyone. I dont know him. Only seen him in passing a few times.

flyguy06

Quote from: JoeTomasone on May 07, 2008, 05:42:20 PM
Um, wow.

Reminds me of the saying, "Those that can, do.  Those that cannot, pretend."

The website is registered to a Kevin Pineda.

I say that about some CAP members all the time. Hoooah

LtCol White

Quote from: Flying Pig on May 07, 2008, 05:59:27 PM
US Ranger Corps....  I see he really likes that "US" thing.   Something tells me that CAP medals will be authorized on their uniforms, and their Medals of Valor will bear a striking resemblance to ours.

"US" is so that they aren't confused with the Brazilian Ranger Corps  >:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Quote from: BigMojo on May 07, 2008, 08:26:35 PM
I like how he has "U.S. Ranger Corps. (TM)" Like he actually trademarked the name...sorry...no such trademark exists (I looked) anyone wants to really mess with him could trademark it....  >:D

TM is used for unregistered trademarks.  (R) is used for registered trademarks, so while tacky, and while it should probably be a Service Mark, it is a perfectly legal way of doing it.

mikeylikey

Quote from: flyguy06 on May 07, 2008, 10:13:52 PM
First of all , I think its inproper for a CADET to comment on a Senior member or even ex Senior Member, we do not teach our young people to ridicule people whether EX MEMBERS OR NON MEMBERS.

First of all, this is the United States of America.  People can comment on whomever they want to comment on, Cadet or Adult alike.  Second, Pineda is a private Citizen running a public group, we all can comment as much as we possibly can on him and his organization.

Third from your post, I think you are in fact Tony Pineda.  The truth finally comes out.......
What's up monkeys?

Flying Pig

First of all , I think its inproper for a CADET to comment on a Senior member or even ex Senior Member, we do not teach our young people to ridicule people whether EX MEMBERS OR NON MEMBERS. It is not a cadet value to start up or get involved in gossip, controversy, or talking about people. But I guess different people train their cadets differently. I for one would never want any of my cadets to even get involved in gossip or redicule. What kind of cadet are we mentoring and developing in today's CAP? Are we teaching cadets to be respectful of people wheather they deserve that respect or not or are we teaching them its ok to make fun of people?

Secondly, Who cares if Pineda is a Three star general. Police Chiefs and Sheriffs manke themselves three and four star Generals all the time. A police Chief of a 22 person police department wil make himself a four star just  like the police Chief of a 2000 person department, but you guys dont seem to mention that. So, basically who cares?

Let the man be. he isnt bothering anyone. I dont know him. Only seen him in passing a few times.

That has got to be one of the worst analogies I have heard.  They use the same symbol.  But I've never heard of a Chief refer to themselves as "General". And their "rank" actually has a government appointed authority that comes along with it.  Additionally, I don't know of any self appointed police chiefs or sheriff's.

JohnKachenmeister

You guys aint gonna believe this, but...

We had a nitwit who tried to get into CAP but was rejected because of several felony convictions.

He is a "Colonel" in the Ranger Corps, and has teenagers over to his house almost every weekend for "Training."

It never ends.
Another former CAP officer

BigMojo

He will be...my group, especially, since he's in our backyard.

JC004, you are correct. TM is also used for trademarks on file with the patent office (I do 3-4 of these a month in my day job). I checked and he hasn't filed any applications for a trademark.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

JC004

Quote from: BigMojo on May 08, 2008, 12:00:27 AM
JC004, you are correct. TM is also used for trademarks on file with the patent office (I do 3-4 of these a month in my day job). I checked and he hasn't filed any applications for a trademark.

That too.  We don't do as many as you (mostly just copyright registrations on stuff), but I was just saying that he isn't breaking any laws by claiming a common law trademark, like if you claim copyright on your web site or whatever, but don't file.  The dumb use of TM (which I've rarely, rarely ever seen in a non-profit logo) is not even worth mentioning, really.  The whole thing is silly enough.  We have other things to laugh about.  Like the proposed uniforms, I'm sure.   :)   :D

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Captain B on May 07, 2008, 09:51:11 PM
Haha. Now if you go to the /images directory within their website, it informs you that your IP has been logged and sent to an administrator.

Yeah - it's called the web server log.

Is that supposed to scare someone?

JC004

Quote from: JoeTomasone on May 08, 2008, 12:47:17 AM
Quote from: Captain B on May 07, 2008, 09:51:11 PM
Haha. Now if you go to the /images directory within their website, it informs you that your IP has been logged and sent to an administrator.

Yeah - it's called the web server log.

Is that supposed to scare someone?

I'm shaking in my boots here.  It's not like you can't get IP addresses of your visitors anyway.   :-\

When someone hits a 404 on my web sites, I get an e-mail (or ticket, depending on the site), and I get the IP address in the report, along with other information that I use to determine what's going on.  What am I gonna do with that information?  Call the cops?   8)  I get hacking attempts on them all the time.  Big deal.  You ain't getting in, trust me.   :)

Tubacap

^^ you caught me trying to get into the super secret section of the wing website again!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on May 08, 2008, 12:59:12 AM
^^ you caught me trying to get into the super secret section of the wing website again!

actually, I don't have that feature on the wing site at the moment.  That's on my paid sites, which have a more sophisticated system than I can do with our current configuration on PAWG at the moment.  PAWG is moving to a CMS once I get the appropriate person to install that, and we don't have custom 404's on there at the moment either.  That will change, though, once I get everyone's piece together.  I bet you still won't find my super secret directories for storing my images, draft pages, and personal control panel, though.   :P

JoeTomasone

Quote from: JC004 on May 08, 2008, 12:50:14 AM

I'm shaking in my boots here.  It's not like you can't get IP addresses of your visitors anyway.   :-\

Precisely.  Besides, it's not like the images aren't sitting in everyone's browser caches.   <yawn>

(Yes, an IT Security type here)

Tubacap

At the risk of hijacking this very interesting thread.  What does a GTE Cybertrust Root Certificate do?  It apparently is causing a problem to stop working at work (Microsoft forced upgrade).  Would enabling this certificate cause a security issue?
NER-PA-001

JohnKachenmeister

The Cybertrust Root is sort of like the Death Star, designed as a doomsday revenge weapon by the Dark Lord of the Rangers.
Another former CAP officer

Tubacap

But, will my tech guy call on the USRC to come and format my harddrive?
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on May 08, 2008, 01:44:46 AM
But, will my tech guy call on the USRC to come and format my harddrive?

I'm guessing that is among their missions.

wingnut

I am embarrassed for us all, this guy is a piece of  XXXX, and I want to know how anyone can go from captain to Col in 4 years (his Friends did), that too is pathetic. I say trash the rank system in CAP and we all go back to warrant officer, it is becoming honorary, like the old Confederate Air Force.

Yes Colonel, why Colonel have you emptied the trash? Yes Colonel, are you going to mail that Letter? Colonel? yes Colonel, Let's all become General!

Why that's a good Idea! General. . . Yes General! have you talked to General ?

I am sick, got to PUKE